💩 Shelia Jackson Lee's greatest hits

RufusJones

• 4 months later...

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Outer Space) demands C-span STOP playing classical music during votes.
one man's opinion...

Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 10:40:23 AM by ken5050

Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee held an impromptu press conference outside the House chamber, while the House was voting to defund Obamacare; to demand that C-span stop playing classical music during televised House votes. "This has got to stop," Jackson-Lee said. "Nobody listens to that s**t any more. This is designed to discourage the youth, and minorities, from tuning in and paying attention to their government."

"All they play during the votes is music by dead old white guys. That's not what the kids today wanna listen to. They should play some rap, R&B, heavy metal....anything but the jive they keep playing. If they don't agree to change, I'll introduce a bill to demand that they do so immediately."

"There are so many great artists that would get our young people involved. Aretha, P. Diddy, Lil Wayne, NWA, Eminem...this would make people tune in to watch our government."

"The House could even have its own app..you could sync your I-phone to it, and get some tunes while the House votes."

"The Republicans, because they hate Pres. Obama, and want him to fail, are attempting yet again to get rid of Obamacare. Imagine, just imagine, if back when the House passed the original Affordable Care Act, C-span had been playing Michael Jackson's 'Thriller." Millions of young Americans would have tuned in, and heard what we Democrats are trying to accomplish, to give ALL Americans access to health care. Then they'd be supporting us overwhelmingly."

I cannot confirm she said that....No link available

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to 💩 Shelia Jackson Lee's greatest hits