Bowles leaving Woodville for Yantis...

Smoaky

Jack Bowles confirmed his resignation from Woodville High School, and he's accepted the athletic director and head coach of the boys basketball program at Yantis.

Bowles was one of the finalists for the opening in Bullard.

He's been to the state tournament twice, and told me he's excited about going to Yantis.

Smoaky

thanks guys. I am excited about the opportunity @ Yantis. It wil be a huge challenge. 1 playof win in last 20 + years. Hopefully, we are 7 months away from playof win #2 ! Yantis has some potential, although they were hit heavy by graduation, but all potential means is you haven't done anythig....yet. MUCH closer to our parents as well.

Barry Switzer is gonna come down & give us a motivational talk before the season!

thanks guys. I am excited about the opportunity @ Yantis. It wil be a huge challenge. 1 playof win in last 20 + years. Hopefully, we are 7 months away from playof win #2 ! Yantis has some potential, although they were hit heavy by graduation, but all potential means is you haven't done anythig....yet. MUCH closer to our parents as well.

Barry Switzer is gonna come down & give us a motivational talk before the season!

best of luck

and im sure your psyched about switzer...

the last time i was at yantis was in 8th grade.

one of the oldest gyms i EVER played in lol

what size are they? (well you now)

JimBob,

The sport that is in-season, is the sport we will practice. But , I have heard of guys that will make you do other things during your season, even though they practiced their sport during their season.

Norman is about 3 & 1/2 hours away.

JimBob,

The sport that is in-season, is the sport we will practice. But , I have heard of guys that will make you do other things during your season, even though they practiced their sport during their season.

Norman is about 3 & 1/2 hours away.

Wow that is unbelievable that a community would let a coach get away with that. Can you imagine if you had a son whose first love was basketball.........GOD forbid.

Wow that is unbelievable that a community would let a coach get away with that. Can you imagine if you had a son whose first love was basketball.........GOD forbid.

I was just giving you a hard time, because I went on line to look at your old job and they want a dline coach who might know something about basketball. That was one of the most amazing job postings I had ever read. I wonder if their Supt. knew it was posted like that. I guess they are being honest about their priorites. Did you happened to see it. I have seen jr. high basketball jobs treated with more respect.

I didn't know your situation there, but after seeing where you went and where you left and then reading that job posting..... it was pretty obvious that a basketball guy wouldn't like it there.

Good luck in your new gig.