Apple Springs Sixman DC/Head Baseball

Apple Springs Sixman DC/Head Baseball:

Six Man Varsity Defensive Coordinator with other duties as JH football coach and head varsity baseball coach. Emphasis placed on six man football. Candidate must be of exceptional moral character, mature, and responsible. They must view teaching and coaching as a calling. Teaching fields available are ISS coordinator, secondary Spanish, or all level health/PE. Please contact Cody Moree, Apple Springs ISD, [email protected] or 936-831-2241.

For anyone looking for a good coaching/teaching position Apple Springs is a great opportunity. I was the Defensive Coordinatior and Head Baseball Coach the last 3 years. I hate to leave, but I have been given a great opportunity to further my career in Houston as a Head Baseball Coach at a 5A school. But, Apple Springs is 15 miles south of Lufkin in East Texas. It's a great family environment in the school. The administration is very supportive, and the kids, faculty, and staff are awesome. There are good sixman facilities with a fieldhouse. I didn't know much about sixman football when I got there and had never coached football at all, but it is very exciting brand of football. The baseball program had been down when I arrived, but all the resources you need are in place and the baseball field looks good during the season if you put in the work on it. There is no better person to work with in the coaching profession than Cody Moree, the Head Football Coach/Athletic Director. He supports all sports and provides the resources needed to be successful as he is also the Principal. I really enjoyed teaching and coaching in this community and will miss everyone there. I highly recommend this vacancy to an individual looking to make an impact on young kids lives.

• 2 weeks later...