best (cheapest) golf course in e. texas

Buzzard

Where is the most appropriate course for someone who hasn't played in years, doesn't want to spend much money, and isn't worried about the condition of the greens, or fairways, or tee boxes, or much of anything else? Please don't list putt-putt courses because those dang fairways are too tight.

Guest bleeds

Webb Hill in Wolfe City. On a week day, $20.00 for a round and a cart. Great course with great greens and fairways.

I have no idea where you are, but one of the cheapest - not too bad courses - is Latex (9-holes) about 20 miles east of Carthage on Hwy. 79. A couple miles from the course you'll see a tall antenna on the horizon. It's in the middle of the course which is on the right. If you get to Bethany, turn around; you've gone too far.

You'll have to walk unless you bring your own cart, BUT the cost is $5.00 for week days and $8.00 for weekends. Even if it's gone up a couple dollars, that's still not bad if all you want to do is go out and play a round of golf. Hope you're close enough to enjoy it some time!

there's a 9 hole municipal course for sale in corsicana. not a bad course right on old hwy 75, been there for probably 80 years, ideal place for folks who can't belong to the country club there. lots of old oak trees and water, kinda fun to play.

come over to my place,Gladewater Country Club, m-th 20.00 green fee and cart all day long, new 9 is still a little rough but is coming along nicely, the old nine is in great shape greens and fairways

Woodlandhills in Naogdoches about 45 with a cart druing the week!!! Love the course!! 4 big par 5 and 3 great par 3 holes!!

Guest imyahuckleberry

There is piece of #### called Arrowhead behind the Trane company off of 110 south in Tyler. Its cheap because it needs to be. It was around 15 bucks the last time I played it. Don't know about now or even if its still open.

I have no idea where you are, but one of the cheapest - not too bad courses - is Latex (9-holes) about 20 miles east of Carthage on Hwy. 79. A couple miles from the course you'll see a tall antenna on the horizon. It's in the middle of the course which is on the right. If you get to Bethany, turn around; you've gone too far.

You'll have to walk unless you bring your own cart, BUT the cost is $5.00 for week days and $8.00 for weekends. Even if it's gone up a couple dollars, that's still not bad if all you want to do is go out and play a round of golf. Hope you're close enough to enjoy it some time!

I basically learned to play golf on this course while I was going to Panola JC. For value, it's the best deal going. I've played all over East Texas, and I haven't found one that could beat it.

Arrowhead (http://www.tylergolf.net)

Arrowhead Golf Club Fees

Green Fees (Includes Cart)

Mon-Fri Weekends

Before 2:pm After 2:pm Before 2:pm After 2:pm

18 holes

$22.00 $17.00 $30.00 $25.00 Seniors and Juniors 20% off.

Membership Information

Senior Rate $50 monthly w/o cart

Regular Rate $75 monthly w/o cart

Corporate Rate $65 monthly w/o cart

Tues. Thurs. Senior Special $15.95 w/cart

============================================================

Peach Tree & Oak Hurst (http://www.easttexasgolf.com)

Peach Tree Golf Club RatesPeachtree Golf CourseOak Hurst Golf Course

Regular Weekday$13.00$23.00

Senior, Junior, 9-hole & late day$10.00--

Senior, 9-hole & late day--$20.00

Regular Weekend$17.00$35.00

Junior, 9-hole & late day$14.00--

9-hole & late day--$26.00

Heard Smoak's radio ad that discussed their green problems back in the Spring; they are working to address that.

======================================================================

Eagle's Bluff (http://www.eaglesbluff.com) was promoting a reasonable membership deal recently that was a good deal. The breakeven would depend on how many days per month you pan to golf.

overton golf course is a good place 2 play. its a 9 hole course 20$ green fee and cart for 18 holes on weekdays and 25$ on weekends their greens are kinda small and they are all elevated. family memberships are just 57 dollars a mounth

Guest imyahuckleberry
have any of yall ever played at pine springs golf course in tyler. is saw it on the internet and was wondering if it was any good

It's okay. I call it a feel good course. It's wide open on most holes but has a couple holes that are a little tough. IMO its a little overpriced for what you get but all in all not to bad. 38 dollars on the weekend with 9 holes that are lighted for after dark.

I played Oak Hurst Sunday for 26 dollars after 1:00 pm, Their greens are back after losing them. I think this is a better deal than PS.

Speaking of lighted after dark - it's kinda pricey, but the Divine Nine across from Alpine in Longview is a good course, or at least it was last time I played on it. I think they stay open until after 10 or so? It's down past the driving range.

• 2 weeks later...