Songs that make you think

coltsboy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleeds
Bleeds, what about hotel california

A good song no doubt. Not very challenging to the mind though. Just MO.

1. "Amazing Grace" - John Newton

2. "The Long And Winding Road" - The Beatles

3. "In My Life" - The Beatles

4. "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" - The Hollies

5. "Sunshine" - Jonathan Edwards

6."God's Of War" - Def Leppard

7."Wind Of Change" - The Scorpions

8."Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" - Van Halen

9."To Be Alive" - Def Leppard

10. "A Mighty Fortress" - Martin Luther

That song really makes me think .......... it makes me think, "people ACTUALLY exchanged hard-earned currency for a chance to make this song a part of their collection?" :hmm:

^ lmao.gif Good one!

Losing It - Rush (Signals LP, 1982)

Dem songs that those boys from the UK sang and wrote I think they was called The Beatels or dunebugs somthin like that. Those songs make me think about Hell. Cuase they thought they was bigger then God.

Jerry Jeff Walker "Pissin in the Wind" makes me think also. Cuase that has been a lot of my life.

But it all goes back to "Amazing Grace" cuase He has saved a wretch like me. And if anyone deserves to sit next to Lennin for eternity trying to Imagine no religion it is I.

Dem songs that those boys from the UK sang and wrote I think they was called The Beatels or dunebugs somthin like that. Those songs make me think about Hell. Cuase they thought they was bigger then God.

Jerry Jeff Walker "Pissin in the Wind" makes me think also. Cuase that has been a lot of my life.

But it all goes back to "Amazing Grace" cuase He has saved a wretch like me. And if anyone deserves to sit next to Lennin for eternity trying to Imagine no religion it is I.

John was a different thinker. Unfortunately, what he said was true. People would rather listen to what happens in "pop culture" than read about the life of Jesus Christ. I think at the time that he made the comment, he was mesmerized by how popular they had become. It was ridiculous.

JV_Coach, think about your comments regarding kids today. If they weren't listening to people that are popular, and read the scriptures, wouldn't their lives be so much more fulfilling ? They don't, so at that time, The Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ. In our day and age, it's even crazier.

I listened to the song you mentioned, and it's a good song. I think we have to have hope in people, otherwise as Jerry Jeff sang: it just goes down the sink.

• 2 weeks later...