Your team's record for 2008

BigRedFan

I saw this on another board and thought that we should do it here. What do you think the your school record will be for this year.

I am going to say that although I have alot of faith in my Winnsboro Red Raiders that unless they have some really good luck and play with alot of intensity they will finish the season at 8-2 and will go at least two rounds deep in the playoffs.

Losses could come to Farmersville, the first game of the season, and to Caddo Mills.

Any one agree or disagree?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ought to be a hot topic!

The Harleton Wildcats will go at least 9-1 in the regular season. The biggest speed bump being EF, I am not counting us out of that game since we are already an underdog on that game and I like our chances because of that. New Diana is a rivalry and could go either way depending. West rusk and Linden Kildare are the only other teams with much concern. White Oak, dropped down, think they are Tatum, gonna get a rude awakening to AA ball this year! Should go 2 to 3 deep in playoffs.

This ought to be a hot topic!

The Harleton Wildcats will go at least 9-1 in the regular season. The biggest speed bump being EF, I am not counting us out of that game since we are already an underdog on that game and I like our chances because of that. New Diana is a rivalry and could go either way depending. West rusk and Linden Kildare are the only other teams with much concern. White Oak, dropped down, think they are Tatum, gonna get a rude awakening to AA ball this year! Should go 2 to 3 deep in playoffs.

Don't over look West Rusk They are returning an awesome Defense they may not score alot but i don't think they will let anyone else score much either. Braylon Williams LB is a D1 prospect and will lead them. He was impressive last year.Good luck to ya I agree with ya on the white oak drop down. They might surprised when they are setting at home getting ready for round ball.

D'field 7-3 going into the playoffs... Undefeated in 17-2A (district champs) - should make a deep run in the playoffs, anything less than quarters finalist would be upsetting !!

Possible losses - Atlanta, Celina, Gilmer

Close Wins - Commerce, Jefferson

Blow Outs Tiger Style - Pewitt, Hughes Springs, L-K, Ore City, Queen City

How's that for pot stirring ?????????

Edgewood - W Harmony's pass defense was it's strong point last year.

LK - W The loss of the rbs will hurt, but LK will still be good. It should be a good game. A lot better than last year

Prairieland- W Don't really know much about them.

OPEN

White Oak -W Good Game.

EF -L This is Harmony's homecoming, so it should be a great game. The biggest test in district without a doubt.

ND -W Nothing like the game last year. Two totally different teams

Sabine -W

UG -W UG will be better than what people think.

Winona -W Harmony's d will handle the good athletes

Harleton -W Harleton lost key players from last year, Harmony brings back a good bunch

Overall record of 9-1, possibly 8-2 or 7-3 with LK WO or Harleton.

7-2 would be my guess. 8-1 would be great and 6-3 would be disappointing.....IMO.

(We're playing a 9 game schedule)

That sounds very accurate and truthful...

What about this

Hallsvillle bobcats

Tatum W

Kilgore L

Jacksonville W

Henderson W

Mt Pleasant W

Marshall L

Pine Tree W

Longview L

Texas high L

Sulphur Springs Goes both ways... but i say we win it W

So for the first half of the season the bobcats should look pretty good :thumbsup:

I see them finishing 6-4 or 5-5 and possibly making the playoffs

Harleton -W Harleton lost key players from last year, Harmony brings back a good bunch

Harleton always loses key players each year. Guess what, in 09 they'll be saying the singing the same ole song...but how many verses can this song have!

That sounds very accurate and truthful...

What about this

Hallsvillle bobcats

Tatum W

Kilgore L

Jacksonville W

Henderson W

Mt Pleasant W

Marshall L

Pine Tree W

Longview L

Texas high L

Sulphur Springs Goes both ways... but i say we win it W

So for the first half of the season the bobcats should look pretty good :thumbsup:

I see them finishing 6-4 or 5-5 and possibly making the playoffs

I basically concur with your predictions with the exception of the Jacksonville game. It could go either way. We play them in the Tomato Bowl yet again. It seems as if we always play them and Marshall as away games.

D'field 7-3 going into the playoffs... Undefeated in 17-2A (district champs) - should make a deep run in the playoffs, anything less than quarters finalist would be upsetting !!

Possible losses - Atlanta, Celina, Gilmer

Close Wins - Commerce, Jefferson

Blow Outs Tiger Style - Pewitt, Hughes Springs, L-K, Ore City, Queen City

How's that for pot stirring ?????????

Hey Slikk I guess that means let the trash talking begin!!!

Hughes Springs Mustangs 7-3 or 8-2.

lets see here this is not in order

mt pleasant - win

center- win

lufkin - loss

carthage - win

diboll- loss

henderson- win

jacksonville - win

whitehouse - loss

lindale - win

kilgore - loss

i see nac finishing 6-4 overall and a 3-2 district record and a early first round exit thanks to longview.

Edgewood - W Harmony's pass defense was it's strong point last year.

LK - W The loss of the rbs will hurt, but LK will still be good. It should be a good game. A lot better than last year

Prairieland- W Don't really know much about them.

OPEN

White Oak -W Good Game.

EF -L This is Harmony's homecoming, so it should be a great game. The biggest test in district without a doubt.

ND -W Nothing like the game last year. Two totally different teams

Sabine -W

UG -W UG will be better than what people think.

Winona -W Harmony's d will handle the good athletes

aw go ahead and give em the e.f. win....and be 10 - 0 on the computer

aw go ahead and give em the e.f. win....and be 10 - 0 on the computer

I'd rather not, seeing as EF is a great team and WILL be the districts biggest test. The rest of the picks are my opionion. Harmony is very underated this year.

Grand Saline

Van- With Calhoun gone and GS improving, this one should be a lot closer than it has been the past 4 years, but Van is still a few steps above GS. The year after this one could be a different story.- Loss

Cayuga-Shead is a heck of a Player, but the GS D line is better and the secondary much faster. Cayuga has trouble with Grind it out teams, they wont have the size to counter the power out of the backfield from GS, GS Wins with ball control to keep shead off the field and its at home- Win

Mineola- Mineola and GS have been neck and neck the past 5-6 years but Mineola always finds a way to hold on. This one is in Mineola and GS has a ton of trouble there. Young GS team might pull it out, but the safe bet is the team that has won most of them.- Loss

District (I have clue what the schedule is but i know the teams so hear we go)

Caddo Mills- GS just does not have the experience to compete with them, its at Caddo, and I hope this one doesnt get ugly. Loss

Winnsboro- If they are as good as everyone is saying, GS will once more have to bring their A game, but I think Winnsboro just has too much speed.- Loss

Lone Oak- GS dominated them for a half last year, running the ball down LO's throat at will, and then Lone Oak did the same thing and took over to win. I think GS can pull it off this year, LO had no success throwing the ball last year against GS. Ill got out on a Limb- Win

Quitman- Could go either way. Two very even teams. Quitman has more speed, GS more power and better passing game. Ill go homer and say GS takes this one at home- Win

Cooper- Another close one, but I saw cooper play last year, they cannot stop a power running game like Quitman had last year and Quitman destroyed them- GS Wins.

Alba Golden- This one is going to be ugly. All the "were gonna beat GS" smack talk will be remembered, and AG will be punished severly. Blowout, big blowout, again.- Win

Como Pickton- Tullis has done a good job improving CP, but no match for GS. Win-

Overall - 6-4 playoffs, a round, maybe 2 deep. ( Im being optimistic here)