Winnsboro vs Farmersville

BigRedFan

Lets get ready to rumble:

hillbilly.jpg

I am going to let the boys do the talking for me in 53 hours and 20 minutes. If I do that then I will not have any crow to eat if they lose. If they win then I will have plenty to say in praise of what no one including myself thought that they could do this early in the season.

I have said all summer long since I found out the schedule that Winnsboro will have alot to prove to live up to the expectations that have been set for them. Winnsboro has 3 tough games in which to prove themselves.. The first one is Friday night followed by the Pittsburg game, and then in week 8 against Caddo Mills. If they can stay healthy and win those three games then I look for them to go along ways in the playoffs. If they do not then it could be a very disappointing year for them.

You can not be the best until you have beaten the best. I do not know about the boys from Winnsboro or Farmersville but I am pumped and ready to get the season started.

Based on what I saw in last years's playoff game, I have to give the coaching edge to the Fightin Famboys. Coach Wright made tremedous adjustments at halftime. Granted, Winns may have been limited due to some injuries. I just find it hard to believe the red raiders offense was so 1 dimensional.

I'll be at the paris/SS game, but my father-in-law will phone in the updates for me....

good luck to both teams

Based on what I saw in last years's playoff game, I have to give the coaching edge to the Fightin Famboys. Coach Wright made tremedous adjustments at halftime. Granted, Winns may have been limited due to some injuries. I just find it hard to believe the red raiders offense was so 1 dimensional.

I'll be at the paris/SS game, but my father-in-law will phone in the updates for me....

good luck to both teams

Coach Wright & Thompson will have a difficult time making any adjustment from South Garland :w00t:

Why is it that any one else can say that Winnsboro was out coached in the playoff game last year and they can get away with it and I say the same thing and I am called all kinds of names. Every one on this board thinks that I am out to get Coach Pinnel. I like Coach Pinnel but think that there are some areas that he can improve in coaching the boys.

He has never been prone to the passing game. I believe that he should work on that when the running game is not going like it did not in the playoff game last season. We had a quaterback that is now playing at the college level that if he had been used more maybe could have gotten a better scholarship.

I digress but just had to say this.

Good luck to both teams Friday night.

I have another question: If Winnsboro is so bad why did Wright and Pinnell schedule this meeting? What purpose would it have served for one team to beat up on the other team.

I know in order to be the best you have to beat the best. Is this contest really asking for some of the main players to get hurt.

I am ready for some football.a

Red! Where I see you getting so much grief is the way you phrase it. I have not read anywhere (except) from you that the Winnsboro coaches got out coached in that game. PantherPop just said Wright made tremendous adjustments in the game. The only difference between Wrights adjustments and Pinnells adjustments is that Wrights worked because he had a team that was able to execute it. But I think the second half was more a case of the Farmer's size and speed finally catching up to Winnsboro. Your team played an amazing half of defense to stay with the Farmers but they never really mounted any kind of threat on offense. If I remember correctly it was like the second play of the game went for a 40 yard pass completion to the 5 yardline of the Farmers and Winnsboro could not score. I for one don't have a problem with you constantly claiming the Big Red team was out coached but I do have a problem with you telling people the Winnsboro team could have won the game with better coaching. There was never a point of that game when it looked like Winnsboro could get an advantage on the Farmers. And I don't mean this as a homer I promise but the Winnsboro team was outmatched from the start. No amount of coaches adjustments would have won the game. Perhaps an adjustment might have scored a few more points but not 30............................Oh, and BTW, if Winnsboro wins Friday night it will becuase our boys weren't ready to play!!!! Coach Dodson didn't gameplan good enough. Just wanted to put that out there in advance...................JK :whome:

Why is it that any one else can say that Winnsboro was out coached in the playoff game last year and they can get away with it and I say the same thing and I am called all kinds of names. Every one on this board thinks that I am out to get Coach Pinnel. I like Coach Pinnel but think that there are some areas that he can improve in coaching the boys.

He has never been prone to the passing game. I believe that he should work on that when the running game is not going like it did not in the playoff game last season. We had a quaterback that is now playing at the college level that if he had been used more maybe could have gotten a better scholarship.

I digress but just had to say this.

Good luck to both teams Friday night.

I have another question: If Winnsboro is so bad why did Wright and Pinnell schedule this meeting? What purpose would it have served for one team to beat up on the other team.

I know in order to be the best you have to beat the best. Is this contest really asking for some of the main players to get hurt.

I am ready for some football.a

At this point the only people who are claiming Winnsboro is bad are the people who watched them play Boles. But what does that mean? Perhaps they just had a bad night. I have backed off my statements about their play against Boles because my team hasn't played very good either and I happen to think they will be pretty good. So if you think your team is good then stick to your guns and don't let a bunch of Freaky Farmers talk you out of it. Besides, you might be the one serving up the crow late Friday night. My good friend in Caddo told me he would mix it in a DQ Blizzard for me. Will you do the same?

I don't have a clue. But I can imagine both coaches expected the other team to be very good. If either one turns out to not be good it will be unexpected. But if I had to bet I would think Pinnell scheduled it. Why would Wright want to schedule a game 1 1/2 hours away, on opening night, against a team you beat in the playoffs???? It looks like Wright would have prefered to play a lesser team much closer to home. but who knows..... Good luck.

Farmersfan

Do you know who scheduled this game? Was it Wright or Pinnell who made the call? Not that is really matters but I would like to know.