Worst Weather Games

FlowJack

I think this has been on here before, but it always brings out some interesting stories. The Gilmer-Liberty Hill game last year was the worst combination of cold and wind I've ever experienced! Sat in a monsoon in Jefferson back in the late 90's.

I think this has been on here before, but it always brings out some interesting stories. The Gilmer-Liberty Hill game last year was the worst combination of cold and wind I've ever experienced! Sat in a monsoon in Jefferson back in the late 90's.

Yes, that state game was awful -- in more ways than one. Also, the Gilmer-Mabank game in Nacogdoches was bad, too. It was in the upper 30s with wind and constant rain. I sat through both of those and those 2 games stick out in my mind as the worst in recent memory.

I have sat through and played in plenty and loved every minute of it. Both extreme cold and excessive heat (student section for afternoon games at UT). Not that I am sadistic or anything it is just that the weather (inclement) brings out the ruggedness of the sports. Besides, the fans that sit through that type of environment are there for the game. The band and drill teams do not typically perform in rain, sleet, snow conditions so those parents are not usually sticking around (my daughter is a dril team member). The real fans stick it out! Come early, be loud, stay late.