Is Patrick Crayton a Viable #2 WR?

Don't get me wrong...he runs good routes, and he catches the ball most of the time (with the exception of last January). I look at him though, and I don't see a guy who fits in with one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL. Average speed, and he runs stiff. Also, he talks way too much hype for a player with his talent. My hidden hope was to get Roy Williams from Detroit in a trade on draft day, but that never materialized (although it was discussed). Am I wrong about this? Do you guys see something different?

He has improved every year and he had over 700 yds receiving last year. You just don't see many teams that have two 1000 yd receivers.

Yes he is a viable #2

Anybody think Hurd was worried before Austin got hurt?

He has improved every year and he had over 700 yds receiving last year. You just don't see many teams that have two 1000 yd receivers.

Yes he is a viable #2

Anybody think Hurd was worried before Austin got hurt?

Well said. Crayton is developing, slower than I thought he would, but he is developing.

I see Crayton being a solid #2 WR that can make the most of his pportunties opposite of T.O. With Whiten keeping the middle occupied, Crayton is going to be the kind of player that should get a lot balls thrown his way early with teams looking to take away T.O. and Whiten. I think he will be a good option on reverses when defenses try to take away running lanes against MB3. Definitely talks too much for a role player. If he can put up an 80 & 1200 type season, then you can start mentioning him and T.O. as one of the best 1-2 WR duos, and possibly having the best passing agme in the NFL.

I see Crayton being a solid #2 WR that can make the most of his pportunties opposite of T.O. With Whiten keeping the middle occupied, Crayton is going to be the kind of player that should get a lot balls thrown his way early with teams looking to take away T.O. and Whiten. I think he will be a good option on reverses when defenses try to take away running lanes against MB3. Definitely talks too much for a role player. If he can put up an 80 & 1200 type season, then you can start mentioning him and T.O. as one of the best 1-2 WR duos, and possibly having the best passing agme in the NFL.

Agreed. Nice post.

And the question was answered. Witten plays tight end, but he is the No. 2 receiver on this team.

WR= Wide Reciever

TE= Tight End

The Question Was: Is Patrick Crayton a Viable #2 WR (see above acronym deciphers for explanation). :)