Kilgore Carthage

footballlvr

Carthage has some of the classiest fans in high school football. They are really friendly people. I will have to wait until next season to see the new stadium, but I have heard it really is nice. These two old foes had some really good games back in the day of Kris Briggs and E.D. Jackson.

I'm happy to see a comment from an old district rival naming Carthage fans as some of the classiest in high school football. That really is a good thing to see. Talking about Kris Briggs, I graduated with him in 99 and as you know, he was a beast. Just imagine if we'd had a passing game with him at running back......

Lugnut, enjoy the game. I won't make it to Kilgore, but will make it back home to Carthage to watch at least two games in the new stadium. My wife and I went home this past weekend, and went and looked at the stadium. It really looks top notch and I'm pretty proud of it just being from Carthage and graduating from CHS.

Good luck to your Kilgore Dawgs Friday night and the rest of the season. I'll be listening to the game on the internet via KGAS out of Carthage, and I'm excited about the football season FINALLY getting started up.

I will say that Carthage wins but it should be a close game...does any one have a clue as to how many games between these two teams have been decided by 3 pts or less? i remember Carthage spending 6 weeks as the #1 4A team in the state of Texas then lose at home to kilgore on a LONG last second field goal. Carthage finished 9-1 that year and didn't even make the playoffs. In fact i can think of atleast two or three other games that have come down to the last play or series.........Hopefully this game is as exciting as the ones in the past......Good Luck to Both Teams!!! Go Dawgs

This should be a good game. Kilgore has been known for its good defense and ball control offense. Carthage is explosive offensively and their defense is the only question mark I have. I have to give the advantage to Kilgore in this one because of the type of games they play. I look for the Kilgore Bulldogs to win 35-27.

Kilgore is as strong and deep as they've been since 2005..... they look very good both on offense and defense even with three of their best athletes sitting out the scrimmages. I can only go on what I've heard about Carthage in that they have a great dual threat QB and above average RB. I still think that Kilgore's huge O-line will wear down the defense and Kilgore finishes up by 2 TD's 28 - 14.

kilgore will win, no doubt about it. The Kdogs lines will be too dominant, carthage qb can scramble... but i havent seen a scrambling QB beat Kilgore yet...

Good pick, but make no mistake, CHS' quarterback isn't about scrambling around and running. He would rather throw the ball down field than run, because his arm is much more dangerous than his legs.

He can run, but he's no Vince Young - then again, who is?

Kilgore lines as good as '05???????????? Keep dreaming! That was a once in a lifetime group. The whole D-line then went D1 and Big Huey and Mitchell on the Oline went D1, and we are talking MAJOR D1 schools. They also had a couple of skill guys that were D1. They may be good, but not that good.

As far as Carthage goes, they aren't just a pound it offense. They are multiple and will keep you off balance. If Kilgore did have a pasing game, Carthage might be in trouble. With that being said, I think Carthage will hold up just fine vs. Kilgore and the run. I'll take Carthage 24 - 14.

Kilgore lines as good as '05???????????? Keep dreaming! That was a once in a lifetime group. The whole D-line then went D1 and Big Huey and Mitchell on the Oline went D1, and we are talking MAJOR D1 schools. They also had a couple of skill guys that were D1. They may be good, but not that good.

As far as Carthage goes, they aren't just a pound it offense. They are multiple and will keep you off balance. If Kilgore did have a pasing game, Carthage might be in trouble. With that being said, I think Carthage will hold up just fine vs. Kilgore and the run. I'll take Carthage 24 - 14.

I said that Kilgore's team was as strong as they've been since 2005, stop taking things out of context. And if you believe that Kilgore is one-dimensional this year because they have been the past 2 years, then you are truly naive. Just because Carthage handed it to your WH team in a scrimmage doesn't mean that they can go toe-to-toe with Kilgore.

Just because Carthage handed it to your WH team in a scrimmage doesn't mean that they can go toe-to-toe with Kilgore.

Aggie98, it's not been that long ago when Carthage was in Kilgore's district. Carthage can go toe-to-toe with anyone. I think this will be a close game, and could be won by either team. Carthage had a very good first season under Scott Surratt and this year should be even better. That doesn't mean they will beat Kilgore tonight, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss Carthage as if it were UT playing Utah State.

Carthage is a team with explosive capabilities offensively, and the defense is tough.