Tatum @ Hallsville 8/29/08 7:30 pm

onlooker

Don't over look Tatum, they have been in 3A before and they held there own. yep you are right the bobcats are 4A but they are not 4A good.

We have made it to playoffs 3 out of 4 years... i dont know if tatum could have held their own in a district like ours was in 12-4a... Hallsville is pretty good for being one of the lowest 4a in districts.. kinda disrespectful you think?

In "held your own" i mean stay healthy and make wins when needed and go up against

the new WH team

Kilgore

Marshall

Nac

those are some really tough teams that usually have healthy wins coming into district after tough preseasons.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you sure about this?

have you seen Tatum, you sure H'ville too big too strong?

Are lines are as big as it gets no doubt, i have worked with two beasts from tatum. ones not even a starter. The RB for hallsville might be bigger than Tatums LBs though, and our FBs (that we are actually going to use) at 230 and 250. the guys i worked with from tatum were about 6'1 240 and 6'2 260 our lines will be bigger and RBs and FBs will be bigger but tatum does have some big guys i wont disagree with them on that. Heck I almost want to play our JR Qb more than hutchison because it seems like he cant see over our line! that also helps our 5'9 RB get around holes, great vision.

Are lines are as big as it gets no doubt, i have worked with two beasts from tatum. ones not even a starter. The RB for hallsville might be bigger than Tatums LBs though, and our FBs (that we are actually going to use) at 230 and 250. the guys i worked with from tatum were about 6'1 240 and 6'2 260 our lines will be bigger and RBs and FBs will be bigger but tatum does have some big guys i wont disagree with them on that. Heck I almost want to play our JR Qb more than hutchison because it seems like he cant see over our line! that also helps our 5'9 RB get around holes, great vision.

thank you for your insight hvillecat, i was asking mr scoop the question, but it seems you have answered it for him, and thats ok

your probably like me when it comes to these boards, people who dont know c--p, talk the most!

It has been a while since these two teams have met.

1937 TATUM 38 HALLSVILLE 06

1938 TATUM 00 HALLSVILLE 20

1939 TATUM 00 HALLSVILLE 19

1940 TATUM 14 HALLSVILLE 06

1941 TATUM 13 HALLSVILLE 18

1951 TATUM 19 HALLSVILLE 33

1952 TATUM 13 HALLSVILLE 47

It has been a while since these two teams have met.

1937 TATUM 38 HALLSVILLE 06

1938 TATUM 00 HALLSVILLE 20

1939 TATUM 00 HALLSVILLE 19

1940 TATUM 14 HALLSVILLE 06

1941 TATUM 13 HALLSVILLE 18

1951 TATUM 19 HALLSVILLE 33

1952 TATUM 13 HALLSVILLE 47

thanks jtate for the informantion, was just wondering about this ealrier today.

no go ahead hvillecat, tell us how this relates to this years game, lol

We have made it to playoffs 3 out of 4 years...i dont know if tatum could have held their own in a district like ours was in 12-4a...

2 of the last 4 years/3 of the last 5 years...Tatum has made the playoffs 13 of the last 14 years, several deep runs 3 of the last 3 in the finals and 2 of those state championship. Pretty sure Tatum doesn't need a HC23 lesson on the playoffs... ;)

Hallsville QB has 8 games and 2 scrimmages under his belt. I'd call that inexperience. Tatum is tryin to break in a new QB, so i'd agree with one of the earlier posts. It could be sloppy. Hallsville is a 4A school but they aren't anywhere near the talent of a 4A squad. Tatum on the other hand should be a pretty strong contending 3A school. Tatum could pull this one off by a slim margin, as well as Hallsville could. There won't be no double digit loss by either school. Tatum gets my nod on this one. Good luck Eagles!!

thank you for your insight hvillecat, i was asking mr scoop the question, but it seems you have answered it for him, and thats ok

your probably like me when it comes to these boards, people who dont know c--p, talk the most!

Did you call Mr Scoop?

Let me tell you a little something about Tatum last

Year. Tatum was one of the biggest 2A schools

In the state of Texas last year. The one 3A school

They played beat them 71-28 with everyone on Gilmer's

Bench scoring a touchdown in the game.

The rest of the year they continued to give Bryce Beall

The ball 60 times a game and sparing him a few times by

Letting Stoker or Blackmon run a reverse.

Bryce may be 5'11" Not even 200 lbs and looked like a

Giant on the field when he played for Tatum.

Cashas & the guys mentioned above were the reasons they

Have three state championships.They are all gone and

Their JV did not look that strong last year.

If Hallsville can't beat a team just comming up from 2A

They need to go ahead and pack it up and find another

Sport to play considering what they have to look forward to

In their district

Sometimes what Mr. Scoop has to say may hurt, but it's my job to

Give you THESCOOP.

Did you call Mr Scoop?

In their district

Give you THESCOOP.

And Gilmer is one of the largest 3As, and Joaquin is a 1 horse town and Elderville don't even have a team... so what does any of that have to do with this match-up. Secondly, Beall didn't get the ball no where near 60 times a game but thanks for playing. NEXT

Hold up Bird let me help ya out a little.

Here is some scoop for The Scoop.

Stats for Beall 2007 season

Carries 231

Yards 2085

TD's 21

Games played 15

Carries per game 15.4

Average per game 139

Yards per carry per game 9

Now my math may not be 100% but I dont think that this equals even 20 carries per game.

Dave Campbell's had Beall at 160 carries for 1570 yards and 17 TD's but unless I missed something Beall is at University of Houston and will not be a factor in this game.

If Tatum is in descent shape (we all know that it usually at least 5-6 games for the Green Birds to get in 4 quarter playing condition) the Bobcats could start out with 0-1.......My vote the Eagles just because.

P.S. Beall did carry 37 times for 240 yards and 2 td's in the state game though.

Carries 231

Yards 2085

TD's 21

Games played 15

Carries per game 15.4

Average per game 139

Now my math may not be 100% but I dont think that this equals even 20 carries per game.

Dave Campbell's had Beall at 160 carries for 1570 yards and 17 TD's but unless I missed something Beall is at University of Houston and will not be a factor in this game.

If Tatum is in descent shape (we all know that it usually at least 5-6 games for the Green Birds to get in 4 quarter playing condition) the Bobcats could start out with 0-1.......My vote the Eagles just because.

P.S. Beall did carry 37 times for 240 yards and 2 td's in the state game though.

According to Scoop, Beall would have had almost 1000 carries..... WOW, now if my math is right, Beall would have had 9,000 yards rushing..... IN 1 SEASON... lol

thanks jtate for the informantion, was just wondering about this ealrier today.

no go ahead hvillecat, tell us how this relates to this years game, lol

It has no relation on it at all, just two good teams battling for the first win of the season. but good research jtate!

2 of the last 4 years/3 of the last 5 years...Tatum has made the playoffs 13 of the last 14 years, several deep runs 3 of the last 3 in the finals and 2 of those state championship. Pretty sure Tatum doesn't need a HC23 lesson on the playoffs... ;)

well, i wont give lessons... simply making the remark (not a good 4a team sounded VERY incorrect)

we have two problems... Kilgore and marshall, last two years WH. other than that we faired VERY well in one of the toughest districts in state. Tatum is a good team theres nothing to teach them about playoffs they very well know how to win. dont be ignorant, im just here to support my team and i have to respect people saying tatum will win as i do everyone else its an opinion. everyone has got one. I just dont like hearing my bobcats being put down after one bad season in years. im sure if tatum does bad or gets dominated by the bobcats like they did a mid size 3a team (which was said almost every player scored in that game) i think the bobcats will be a force for playoffs in one of the toughest districts ever in texas (this year). I like hearing tatum will win, i like hearing Hallsville will win, i like sportsman ship. simple as that.

Hallsville wins this. Too big too strong.

Plus Tatum is a little school with little

Guys.

Boy what are you smokin? Hallsville's QB better have a good arm, cause if you think your gonna run the ball down Tatum's throat your obviously smokin'n crack, Andy Evans always put's a good defense on the field, and if the Bradley kid is healthy, give me Tatum by 14! Go get'em Eagles!

Carries 231

Yards 2085

TD's 21

Games played 15

Carries per game 15.4

Average per game 139

P.S. Beall did carry 37 times for 240 yards and 2 td's in the state

Nice.....the support for the Eagles is dominate on this

Thread. Hope they don't dissapoint.

It has no relation on it at all, just two good teams battling for the first win of the season. but good research jtate!

well, i wont give lessons... simply making the remark (not a good 4a team sounded VERY incorrect)

we have two problems... Kilgore and marshall, last two years WH. other than that we faired VERY well in one of the toughest districts in state. Tatum is a good team theres nothing to teach them about playoffs they very well know how to win. dont be ignorant, im just here to support my team and i have to respect people saying tatum will win as i do everyone else its an opinion. everyone has got one. I just dont like hearing my bobcats being put down after one bad season in years. im sure if tatum does bad or gets dominated by the bobcats like they did a mid size 3a team (which was said almost every player scored in that game) i think the bobcats will be a force for playoffs in one of the toughest districts ever in texas (this year). I like hearing tatum will win, i like hearing Hallsville will win, i like sportsman ship. simple as that.

Ignorant huh? Just correcting another of your mis-guided posts, you said 3 of last 4 when it was 2 of last four. I never said anything about Hallsville being a bad team, so I do not know why you brought that up in your reply to me??? Gilmer was not just a mid-sized 3A team, they were one of the top 3A teams! Tell us which of the teams your going to knock out of the playoffs, oh yea that win over Sulphur Springs is the one that will put Hallsville into the playoffs. Not hating on Hallsville but they have a tough row to hoe! Keep the faith HC23!!!

Hallsville will be better than they were last year though I do not think that the record will reflect that change. This is due to the strong district that we are in. I saw the Hallsville/Lindale scrimmage and Hallsville did look good but it was against a "not very good" Lindale team. Against Tatum? I think that we will win. And no, I never go the "homer" route. Simply a gut feeling as I have not seen Tatum play. I believe that Hallsville has something to prove after a disappointing season last year. The running back tandem of Hallsville (AJ=power, 'Trell=speed) and the improved o-line will control the ball. The QB's looked suprisingly good at throwing the ball against Lindale so I think possession routes will work. Defensively Hallsville has speed and good size up front. Should be a good game albeit a close one(?) due to Tatum knowing how to win.

Did you call Mr Scoop?

In their district

Give you THESCOOP.

well now mr scoop, it might be poop that you scoop, because the scoop you scooped was full of poop :whome:

i sure hope you dont write for any local papers, because you have no idea what your talking about.

what makes you think we dont have guys as good as beall, pollard, and blackmon waiting to take it to you.

our offensive line are the same guys who blocked our way to the state championship, for the third straight year.

you know what you guys have always been pretty decent in baseball, heard there were some schools looking for a fall ball league, i dont think its to early to register.

come on mr scoop, tell me im wrong, please, tell me im wrong!

Wow! Just a word of warning to Hallsville: y'all better not go into this game thinking it's gonna be easy! If y'all do, you'll get it handed to ya! It's definitely a huge advantage for the Bobcats numbers-wise, which could play a factor in the second half. Depth is the only major disadvantage for Tatum. If Tatum gets ahead by a couple of scores, I look for them to be able to hold on and win. If the Eagles have to play from behind, the depth will be the back-breaker and the Bobcats will win. It's hard to make a call on this one, but I hope the Eagles can get 'er done.