TO overrated?

Guest bleeds

Guest bleeds

With regular season about about to start, and TO without any real accomplishments this year in preseason, who's with me on him being overrated, still? Can he make it through the season without a meltdown this year? I'm bettin' no.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I won't go after the people who don't like T.O's bravado. Some people like flashy players, others admire "blue collar" players--doesn't make one any better than the other.

The one thing I will debate is the original argument in this thread--"T.O. is overrated because he hasn't put up any numbers in this pre-season."

The last time I checked a player is not measured on how they play in the pre-season. Many NFL stars play very little (like Owens) or not at all (like Manning and Brady) in the pre-season. The pre-season exists for two reasons--one, veterans can knock off the rust and for rookies to earn a spot on a roster. The pre-season is not for number of invidual accolades. Statiscally, T.O. is one of the best receivers in the history of the game, better than anyone in Cowboy's history (and I'm a huge Cowboy's homer).

If I extend the logic in this thread I could say that Payton Manning is overrated since he hasn't thrown for any yards this pre-season.

If you think T.O. is arrogant and pompous, fine, but don't let your personal bias blur your view of what "good" is...

I think Tom Brady is "soft" and I don't like him, but I would never say he is overrated.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I won't go after the people who don't like T.O's bravado. Some people like flashy players, others admire "blue collar" players--doesn't make one any better than the other.

The one thing I will debate is the original argument in this thread--"T.O. is overrated because he hasn't put up any numbers in this pre-season."

The last time I checked a player is not measured on how they play in the pre-season. Many NFL stars play very little (like Owens) or not at all (like Manning and Brady) in the pre-season. The pre-season exists for two reasons--one, veterans can knock off the rust and for rookies to earn a spot on a roster. The pre-season is not for number of invidual accolades. Statiscally, T.O. is one of the best receivers in the history of the game, better than anyone in Cowboy's history (and I'm a huge Cowboy's homer).

If I extend the logic in this thread I could say that Payton Manning is overrated since he hasn't thrown for any yards this pre-season.

If you think T.O. is arrogant and pompous, fine, but don't let your personal bias blur your view of what "good" is...

I think Tom Brady is "soft" and I don't like him, but I would never say he is overrated.

WOW!!!!! give this man a standing O............ and Bleeds, yes, good behavior. There's a difference between bad behavior and the hungry media blowing up stories. Believe me, I was the first to say

" Oh no " when Dallas picked T.O. up but I decided to give the guy a clean slate and so far I've been pleasently surprised.

Guest bleeds
Statiscally, T.O. is one of the best receivers in the history of the game, better than anyone in Cowboy's history (and I'm a huge Cowboy's homer).

Sorry. Couldn't let this one go.

And you can count on him to drop about 6-8 would-be touchdown passes a year.

It was in the form of a question. Now you are puttin things in my mouth kinda like the blood hungry media... lol

So the media puts things in your mouth? Im not sure I'd admit to that! :rolleyes: :happy65:

So the media puts things in your mouth? Im not sure I'd admit to that! :rolleyes: :happy65:

OK, here's where you got off track... lol.. We are or were talkin about T.O. Now, as a staff member, I wouldn't think you would put such suggestive material on here.. prolly should edit it.... lol

OK, here's where you got off track... lol.. We are or were talkin about T.O. Now, as a staff member, I wouldn't think you would put such suggestive material on here.. prolly should edit it.... lol

It wasnt meant the way you took it! lol