TO overrated?

Guest bleeds

My point is, it doesn't matter if you have 11 guys on one guy, if the other 10 can't find a way to capitalize on it, it doesn't matter.

The "we" usually came in the form of "If they would give ME the ball, WE would get more first downs."

Yeah, team player. More like a whiney little girl.

Nice try. the "we" came from a statement like this. We didn't play real well. The team had an off game. I know it wasn't in those words but after his frustrations and his Is and MEs, it was WEs and TEAM. Look, I'll be the first to admit his inner self is selfish, but he's workin on it or at least he's a good actor. Either way, he don't make me sick the way he used to. Use to you would never hear him speak well of anyone but himself.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try. the "we" came from a statement like this. We didn't play real well. The team had an off game. I know it wasn't in those words but after his frustrations and his Is and MEs, it was WEs and TEAM. Look, I'll be the first to admit his inner self is selfish, but he's workin on it or at least he's a good actor. Either way, he don't make me sick the way he used to. Use to you would never hear him speak well of anyone but himself.

And we're supposed to pat him on the back for doing something he is supposed to do in the first place? Not me. I think he's a punk that finally realized his money would cease if he didnt straighten up. He knows he is running out of chances.

And we're supposed to pat him on the back for doing something he is supposed to do in the first place? Not me. I think he's a punk that finally realized his money would cease if he didnt straighten up. He knows he is running out of chances.

If you can't pat him on the back for doing something right, you don't have the right to slander or degrade him for things that YOU think is wrong. I hope ya'll don't have kids.

He's had two pathetic games in a row. He couldn't shake his coverage in either game. He couldn't catch passes in his hands. In the first game, he just pouted. On Sunday, he had to verbalize those feelings.

Romo/Garrett are idiots to force passes to him when he can't get open just to keep him happy. That's a sure-fire way to assure the Cows will be watching the playoffs on their big screens.

He's had two pathetic games in a row. He couldn't shake his coverage in either game. He couldn't catch passes in his hands. In the first game, he just pouted. On Sunday, he had to verbalize those feelings.

Romo/Garrett are idiots to force passes to him when he can't get open just to keep him happy. That's a sure-fire way to assure the Cows will be watching the playoffs on their big screens.

Dang this is twice in a week that I have to agree with you. If Garrett/Romo continue to force passes to TO we are in trouble. A couple of times others where open and Romo looked them off. We must run the ball. With the two backs that we have we need to pound it.

If you can't pat him on the back for doing something right, you don't have the right to slander or degrade him for things that YOU think is wrong. I hope ya'll don't have kids.

What has he done right that he deserves a pat on the back? He is paid millions to do a job.

Now you need to explain what my kids and my parenting skills have to do with an athlete with an inflated ego!

Funny to me how we're in GB and Owens is a team player because he ran down an interception from the endzone after getting blocked in the back, and then helping Felix Jones get in the endzone.

Now we lose a game, and everybody is upset with it, including Owens, but BSPN and the newspapers have a roll with him because it's a story that writes itself, and guys like Galloway can't be asked to do to much thinking.

Quite frankly, I'm not near as worried about the Owens/Romo/Garrett lovefest than I am about the defense and the reason our corners have to be 10-12 yards off all the time. Jaques Reeves wasn't even forced to sit that far back.

Funny to me how we're in GB and Owens is a team player because he ran down an interception from the endzone after getting blocked in the back, and then helping Felix Jones get in the endzone.

Now we lose a game, and everybody is upset with it, including Owens, but BSPN and the newspapers have a roll with him because it's a story that writes itself, and guys like Galloway can't be asked to do to much thinking.

Quite frankly, I'm not near as worried about the Owens/Romo/Garrett lovefest than I am about the defense and the reason our corners have to be 10-12 yards off all the time. Jaques Reeves wasn't even forced to sit that far back.

That's your typical football fan. Ya know, fair weather fans? Talk good about a team AS LONG AS THEY ARE WINNING. Sometimes I think I'm the only die-hard Dallas fan on Smoaky. All these people constantly complaining about T.O. are no better than he is. Quit complaining and just accept he is a part of the Dallas Cowboys. He hasn't done anything to disrupt the team and until he does he can play on my team any day. Once the system starts breakin down because of Owens I will even be ready to part with him.*

* disclaimer I'm not saying I think he will disrupt the team

That's your typical football fan. Ya know, fair weather fans? Talk good about a team AS LONG AS THEY ARE WINNING. Sometimes I think I'm the only die-hard Dallas fan on Smoaky. All these people constantly complaining about T.O. are no better than he is. Quit complaining and just accept he is a part of the Dallas Cowboys. He hasn't done anything to disrupt the team and until he does he can play on my team any day. Once the system starts breakin down because of Owens I will even be ready to part with him.*

* disclaimer I'm not saying I think he will disrupt the team

TB, you really should see if TO needs a PR man! :happy65:

Guest bleeds

Hmmm. Last Sunday, I saw a team throwing pass after pass to TO, most of which he managed to miss. What that tells me is the team is breaking down because they are more concerned about keeping him happy than they are winning.

Garrett abandoned a tried and true game plan in order to appease TO. Not only did it not work, as evidenced by his post-game interview, it cost them the game.

But TDB, I actually appreciate the fact that you are a true fan. All teams should have fans like you. But most fans require a modecum of common sense when it comes to mapping out a game plan. Obviously, Garrett used none when developing last weeks game plan. He has argueably one of the best backs in the league in Barber, and allowed him to touch the ball almost none all game, so he could try to make Mr. Owens happy.

Tell me where I'm wrong, because according to you, I always am.

Hmmm. Last Sunday, I saw a team throwing pass after pass to TO, most of which he managed to miss. What that tells me is the team is breaking down because they are more concerned about keeping him happy than they are winning.

Garrett abandoned a tried and true game plan in order to appease TO. Not only did it not work, as evidenced by his post-game interview, it cost them the game.

But TDB, I actually appreciate the fact that you are a true fan. All teams should have fans like you. But most fans require a modecum of common sense when it comes to mapping out a game plan. Obviously, Garrett used none when developing last weeks game plan. He has argueably one of the best backs in the league in Barber, and allowed him to touch the ball almost none all game, so he could try to make Mr. Owens happy.

Tell me where I'm wrong, because according to you, I always am.

let's wait and see if that play calling continues. i don't think it will but if it does Jerry needs to take a long hard look at Jason and Wade. like i said i don't think it will happen again. i look for Barber to get at least 20 carries this week and Felix needs about 10.

I think TO helps the team more than he hurts. He's matured greatly over the past few seasons. I think if anything, that loss against the Redskins should have been blamed on our offensive stratgey as a whole not just one person. Marion Barber carrying the ball 6 times a game is NOT going to get us wins.

I think TO helps the team more than he hurts. He's matured greatly over the past few seasons. I think if anything, that loss against the Redskins should have been blamed on our offensive stratgey as a whole not just one person. Marion Barber carrying the ball 6 times a game is NOT going to get us wins.

his presence on the field definately makes Dallas a better team. where they went wrong Sunday was that they tried to forced the offense to TO instead of taking what the defense gave them. yes he caught 7 passes and should've caught a couple more but there were quite a few that weren't catchable. without him their passing game would suffer unless the offensive line could give Romo all day to throw. we all know that doesn't always happen. TO just needs to realize that teams are going to do what they can to take him out of games. until the coordinator starts calling the right plays in those situations and the other receivers step up and make them pay for giving TO so much attention it's going to be that way. then again a good running game takes care of some of that although Green Bay never re-adjusted. they were determined to not let TO beat them and he didn't. the running game and Miles Austin did TO was just frustrated by losing and there's nothing wrong with that. he doesn't need to say what he did everytime they lose though. i think by the next day once he evaluated the game film he realized that they did try and get the ball to him. just to much in my opinion considering the circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...