TO overrated?

Guest bleeds

T.O. doesn't drop 6-8 TDs a year, and even if he did he still produces more than all receivers not named Randy Moss, he is the epidemy of pro bowl and the epidemy of hall of fame. There is a reason he is the 2nd receiver to go every year in fantasy drafts.... because he is the second best receiver in the league. Without T.O. our offense would be very average.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the fascination with TO? He drops more than he catches. If the ball isn't "right there," he rarely reaches for it. He has a mouth bigger than the Grand Canyon, and it's usually being used to blame everyone but himself. Granted he seems to have whined less in the last year, but - gee - what makes him so spectacular? There are so many others on this year's team that are just as good as he is, if not better, without all the drama.

IMO, way overrated!

Guest bleeds

Let's see. Tantrums on the sidelines. Drug overdose. Dropping passes. Crying like a girl about a quarterback. Forgetting he plays football, which is a team (no "I" in team) sport. Dropping passes. Tantrums on the sidelines.

And oh yeah, dropping passes.

What is the fascination with TO? He drops more than he catches. If the ball isn't "right there," he rarely reaches for it. He has a mouth bigger than the Grand Canyon, and it's usually being used to blame everyone but himself. Granted he seems to have whined less in the last year, but - gee - what makes him so spectacular? There are so many others on this year's team that are just as good as he is, if not better, without all the drama.

IMO, way overrated!

he had more receiving touchdowns last year than Witten and Crayton combined...... had the most yards on the team, he also caught 10 passes in the superbowl on a broken ankle. I'm not sure we are a playoff squad without Terrell Owens. He complains, but don't let that bias you have jumble up actual facts. Terrell Owens probably has the worst hands of all elite receivers, but he has good enough hands to catch 90 passes for 1350 and 15 TDs on a regular basis. All while drawing double teams from opposing defenses.

remember when he was crying and all you could hear him say was...." thats my QB, my qb, Thats MY qb"

exactly, his qb. if he was so self centered why would a "bad guy" like him be upset when the media talked bad about tony romo. hes a team player regardless of what you all have to say. and i know there will be plenty of you saying otherwise but when a guy gets so little passes thrown to him and doesnt say a word but sit on the sidelines he proves many of you nay-sayers wrong.

he had more receiving touchdowns last year than Witten and Crayton combined...... had the most yards on the team, he also caught 10 passes in the superbowl on a broken ankle. I'm not sure we are a playoff squad without Terrell Owens. He complains, but don't let that bias you have jumble up actual facts. Terrell Owens probably has the worst hands of all elite receivers, but he has good enough hands to catch 90 passes for 1350 and 15 TDs on a regular basis. All while drawing double teams from opposing defenses.

thank you tree. facts. its what everyone here needs

Guest bleeds
exactly, his qb. if he was so self centered why would a "bad guy" like him be upset when the media talked bad about tony romo. hes a team player regardless of what you all have to say. and i know there will be plenty of you saying otherwise but when a guy gets so little passes thrown to him and doesnt say a word but sit on the sidelines he proves many of you nay-sayers wrong.

Sits on the sideline and doesn't say a word?

http://www.thehuddle.com/nfl_team_rpts/NFL...&portID=171

And for a little more light reading regarding TO's antics:

http://football.about.com/od/nflnews/a/owenstimeline.htm

I can't stand the punk and hope when he retires..that he falls off the face of the earth. But we all know that isn't happening. Someone with his ego never dissapears. He will end up on some pre game show along with all the other egotistical former pros who think their ___ don't stink. Then he will end up on dancing with the goobers i mean stars. With all that said i have never questioned his god given abilities. He is not overrated . If i had a choice though give me a Barry Sanders type of player / human being any day over T O

Guest KimCole
if we replaced T.O. with someone like Torry Holt, we'd be just fine, Torry's not quite as good but he's pretty elite, but saying we'd be better without T.O. with the receivers we have on our squad is erroneous.

I agree. Owens can make the big plays and the little ones too.

Drew Bledsoe rarely threw to T.O..

T.O. has had a reason to pout since his Cowboy tenure.

It's also just his way.

He was dead on about Simpson's interference too.

IMO, way overrated!

Are you on crack. I agree that he misses more than he should, but according to most, he shouldn't misss a single pass like all ya'lls hero Randy Moss. Wait, Moss misses passes too.

1. If the ball isn't right there.

Are you crazy, he misses the ones that are " right there " and catches the harder ones.

2. Blames everyone but himself

Are you deaf, he's been a team players since arriving in Dallas

3. Others on this years team that are just as good if not better

Are you posting from Rusk mental hospital? WHO?? WHO?? Amendoza(sp?) Hurd? WHO??

IMO, way overrated!

Thirteen drops last year, with 81 catches. The man has 129 touchdown catches and is fifth all-time in total touchdowns -- more than Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Cris Carter, John Riggins, Barry Sanders, etc. -- and could move as high as third this year behind Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice. But, of course, overrated.

Owens is one of the best-trained, well-conditioned athletes in the league. Regardless of how big his mouth is -- although guys like Jerry Porter, Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, etc., are ignored far more than T.O. is hammered -- that doesn't stop him from being a fantastic football player, and believe it or not, a great teammate. The Cowboys love him in and out of the locker room.

He's been responsible for very little "drama" while he's been in Dallas. He loves being a Cowboy, and he'll retire as one and go in the HOF as one, too.

All these Cowboys fans who love to rag on T.O. will, I'm sure, do the same if he catches the game-winning touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Guest KimCole
Thirteen drops last year, with 81 catches. The man has 129 touchdown catches and is fifth all-time in total touchdowns -- more than Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Cris Carter, John Riggins, Barry Sanders, etc. -- and could move as high as third this year behind Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice. But, of course, overrated.

Owens is one of the best-trained, well-conditioned athletes in the league. Regardless of how big his mouth is -- although guys like Jerry Porter, Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, etc., are ignored far more than T.O. is hammered -- that doesn't stop him from being a fantastic football player, and believe it or not, a great teammate. The Cowboys love him in and out of the locker room.

He's been responsible for very little "drama" while he's been in Dallas. He loves being a Cowboy, and he'll retire as one and go in the HOF as one, too.

All these Cowboys fans who love to rag on T.O. will, I'm sure, do the same if he catches the game-winning touchdown in the Super Bowl.

Thank You ! Maybe this info will quiet them. :notworthy:

this topic is rediculous. ya'll never thought he'd make it through last year without a meltdown but he did. he was actually a model citizen compared to years before. hey give the guy some credit. maybe he's finially growing up. if not we will see but you guys who just can't stand it that he hasn't already torn the Cowboys apart should grow up yourselves, drop it or just simply give him credit for the turn around he's made so far. this will be my only post on this topic because this is an old topic that should have never been started back up. find something better like winning in the playoffs or something like that.

Can't disagree that TO can be a punk but he will go down in NFL history as being one of the best WRs in history. He will be a Hall of Famer, not sure it will be first ballot because so many people hate him but he will be eventually.

TO is the best WR in the NFC and second ony to Randy Moss in the entire NFL. The Cowboys would be in serious trouble without him on the field. He has caused very little drama since donning the helmet with the star and most of what you have heard is over-hyped by the media. Noticed on the "TO antics" link the last dated antic was in 2006 not a single one in 2007 on the link.

With regular season about about to start, and TO without any real accomplishments this year in preseason, who's with me on him being overrated, still? Can he make it through the season without a meltdown this year? I'm bettin' no.

Overrated? Well, I was just thinking that he would probably be showing his age this year, but not after seeing him in High Definition on HBO in practice without pads on. The dude runs like a deer and has absolutely no body fat. He trains his body religously to keep it that way. There is a reason other players in the league admire his athleticism so much and it ain't because he is overated. They don't call you one of the greatest for nothing.

I can't stand the punk and hope when he retires..that he falls off the face of the earth. But we all know that isn't happening. Someone with his ego never dissapears. He will end up on some pre game show along with all the other egotistical former pros who think their ___ don't stink. Then he will end up on dancing with the goobers i mean stars. With all that said i have never questioned his god given abilities. He is not overrated . If i had a choice though give me a Barry Sanders type of player / human being any day over T O

You are absolutely correct.... just like that egotistical punk Emmit Smith ended up on Dancing with the Stars... what does that have to do with the price of crack on your street???... lmbo

At least you are man enough to admit that he is talented just a little colorful.

Bleeds, what does droppin passes have to do with being a distraction. And the overdose was a souped up story from the media... once again... Since he's been in Dallas he has said "we" not "me".

Ya'll just man up and admit he's good. Not the best, just good.

Actually, you're right. I get that a lot. :thumbsup:

WOW!!! For someone who hates T.O. so passionately, you sure sounded an awful lot like the old Terrel. You're just like the old T.O., no wonder you hate him.... lol

You guys are gettin worse and worse about T.O. and it's all because he is making ya'll look like a bunch of butts because he has proved ya'll wrong. This is too good.