TO overrated?

Guest bleeds

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleeds all you do on here is start #### with whoever doesnt agree with you. So you hate to and we like him wow get over it and get off your high horse about it

Who rattled your cage? I don't think I, or anyone else for that matter, was talking to you. Go find a spot for your lifesize TO Fathead pic.

There is no way T.O. is over rated, you may not like him and you may be sour about how he has acted in the past but he is easily one of the top three recievers in the NFL. So he think Jeff Garcia is gay and told everyone McNabb choked in the Super Bowl, call him a liar if you don't believe him, but you can't take any off the off the field issues in account when talking about his effect on the game.

Didn't you love the little "Look at me" thing he did after the 2nd touchdown that cost Dallas a penalty? He was really thinking of the team then wasn't he?

Didn't you love the little "Look at me" thing he did after the 2nd touchdown that cost Dallas a penalty? He was really thinking of the team then wasn't he?

I did, I think it brings a little fun back into the "No Fun League". What I really loved was the fact that he caught yet another touchdown pass, I think that put him at third all time for touchdowns, pretty good if you ask me.

Lol, This is funny. Bleeds and I have had our battles in other post, and I'm sure this one will be not different. To say T.O. is "over-rated". You mightest well say Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Brett Farve, Jerry Rice etc. Are all over-rated. You've really got to be crazy to call T.O. over-rated. Before Randy Moss went the the Patriots, and T.O was on the Eagles he was the best receiver in the game. Btw, he's tied for second all-time in touchdown receptions. Bleeds, Come on man. You may not like the things he does Ok thats cool, You may not even like him on or off the field. But give the man his credit. I will be the first to tell you I cannont stand Tom Brady, but if I'm picking a team you know the first person I'm picking BRADY!.

Bleeds, Come on man. You may not like the things he does Ok thats cool, You may not even like him on or off the field. But give the man his credit. I will be the first to tell you I cannont stand Tom Brady, but if I'm picking a team you know the first person I'm picking BRADY!.

Well said, hopefully you would reconsider starting a team with Tom Brady after this weekends events, but you are right on about T.O.

I did, I think it brings a little fun back into the "No Fun League". What I really loved was the fact that he caught yet another touchdown pass, I think that put him at third all time for touchdowns, pretty good if you ask me.

I don't think there is a better receiver than TO when he's focused, but you REALLY have to like TO in order to see him score two touchdowns when he only scored one.

BTW... TO is tied with Chris Carter for 2nd on the NFL All-Time Receiving Touchdown Leaders list with 130.

Bleeds, you're so funny. You wouldn't mention the penalty if your "man-crush" Witten had done it... lol I admit, rules are rules but come on. First you can't use a prop, now you cannot even bend over and touch the ground. Would you be saying anything if T.O. kneeled down, touched the ground and pointed to the sky to " Thank God " and got a penalty??? I already know your answer. .... "He broke a rule so yes I would say something". They are gettin rediculous with these penalties. Before long, they will be throwing a flag on ya for just scoring a TD.

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED SUBJECT

A lot of you are right. Like him or not, give him credit for being a good reciever. I like how he was cuttin up with Romo throwin water on each other.

TDB, you know me better than that. You know how I feel about individualism in team sports. I hate it.

BTW, did anyone look up career drops for TO and Witten?

Didn't think so.

So, you're okay with rules violations that bring attention to the individual, even if they cause his team to be penalized? What have we become?

So all you girls will know, I never said TO was not a good receiver. He's no Jerry Rice.

TO is a very talented receiver who has really, really good speed the likes of which Jerry Rice never did have. TO is much stronger and all around a much more physical wide receiver than Jerry Rice was. I think TO is a little bit taller than Jerry Rice is and can make any catch no matter the difficulty or athleticism that's required to make the catch.

TO is a more intimidating figure for the cornerbacks and safeties than Jerry Rice was knowing he can blow right by them if they bump him at the line of scrimmage and they know if they give him too much space Romo will just flick the ball down the line of scrimmage and he'll juke them out of their shoes and run past them and can take it to the house every time he touches the ball. In conclusion, TO is not half the wide receiver Jerry Rice was. Jerry Rice was/is the greatest wide receiver that will ever play the game. He did not drop the ball, and his speed always seemed to be just enough. There will never be another Jerry Rice. I don't have to explain why you all know he's the Michael Jordan of wide receivers in professional football history.

I don't think there is a better receiver than TO when he's focused, but you REALLY have to like TO in order to see him score two touchdowns when he only scored one.

BTW... TO is tied with Chris Carter for 2nd on the NFL All-Time Receiving Touchdown Leaders list with 130.

I never said he scored two times in this game, I said "yet another touchdown pass", if i remember correctly he caught quite a few last season.

And thanks for the correction, 130 touchdowns is still very very good.

So, you're okay with rules violations that bring attention to the individual, even if they cause his team to be penalized? What have we become?

No i'm not OK with him breaking the rules and getting a penalty, but I honestly don't think that it should be a penalty. So he celibrated after a good play, I wonder how many people used to tune in to the Bengals games just to see what chad johnson would do next. Its fun, thats what football is about right? If your not having a good time you shouldn't be playing. I honestly don't know why you put the question out there if you already had your mind made up, you don't like how he handles himself so automatically he is "overrated" and thats BS because there is only one or two recievers I would rather have on my team, but i guess Moss is overrated too because he has had a few problem off the field. Tell that to his 23 TD's last season, and T.O.'s 17.

To all of those who have beaten me over the head in this thread, you could take a lesson in making your case from catluv. Not on a rant, just stating his case with comparisons of the great one, Jerry Rice.

LIONFAN08, it my assertion that this is a team sport. Without Romo throwing an absolute perfect pass to TO, without the line giving Romo an unbelieveable amount of time to make the through, with the play being designed to allow him to use his athleticism to get opan, there is no need for a post TD celebration. But with said celebration (that caused a penalty which he knew it would, but did it anyway), he put all of the attention and credit for the TD on himself. I could have made that catch and TD.

My assertion of TO being overrated is based, at least in part, on his need for attention, instead of just making the touchdown and allowing the team to get the credit. Jam7 mentioned Favre, Rice, Manning. How many times have you seen any of them focus the attention on themselves? Very little if any, as opposed to TO who craves it.

I say a player becomes worthy of the accolades heaped upon him by the fans, the media and his teammates when he loses the need for attention. TO's career has been full of the "look at me" attitude. He's a great receiver. Never said he wasn't. He'll be a better one when he becomes a more rounded player.

LIONFAN08, it my assertion that this is a team sport. Without Romo throwing an absolute perfect pass to TO, without the line giving Romo an unbelieveable amount of time to make the through, with the play being designed to allow him to use his athleticism to get opan, there is no need for a post TD celebration. But with said celebration (that caused a penalty which he knew it would, but did it anyway), he put all of the attention and credit for the TD on himself. I could have made that catch and TD.

My assertion of TO being overrated is based, at least in part, on his need for attention, instead of just making the touchdown and allowing the team to get the credit. Jam7 mentioned Favre, Rice, Manning. How many times have you seen any of them focus the attention on themselves? Very little if any, as opposed to TO who craves it.

I say a player becomes worthy of the accolades heaped upon him by the fans, the media and his teammates when he loses the need for attention. TO's career has been full of the "look at me" attitude. He's a great receiver. Never said he wasn't. He'll be a better one when he becomes a more rounded player.

Its real simple, the Cowboys won 13 games last year, replace T.O. with Bernard Berrian, how many wins does this team get? Replace T.O. with Donald Driver, how many games does this team win? Replace T.O with Chris Chambers, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown, Jericho Cotchery, Marty Booker, Javon Walker, and several others, how many games does this team win? I can tell you how many they don't win, 13. Take away the names, look at the stat lines and then tell me T.O is overrated. You can't. Yeah its a team game and he helps this team win regardless of what you think about his character.

Getting a penalty while playing the "look at me" game is individualism at its worst. I think he becomes a better receiver and team player if he stops doing that.

TO is not overrated. Hes statistically the second best of all time. Although i dont see anybody touching jerry rices record anytime soon. he's still an awesome receiver. Sure people dont like his antics but the guy will still be traveling to canton one of these days. Plain and simple. Now this thread needs to be put to rest. Swallow some egos and realize that the guy is legendary. I couldnt believe it when i saw that this thread was started in the first place. Im actually speechless about it but anyway. Hes great, always will be, put it to rest.

Why wouldn't the thread have been started this year? I started it last year.

Look, I've given TO his props. I just say he's a better player when he focuses less on himself and more on the team.