Whitehouse vs Sulphur Springs

tiny33

I cant wait!! Im so pumped up, even after a loss. I saw some great things tonight.

I also HIGHLY doubt SS will have a running game even CLOSE to what Naaman Forest had, so i wouldnt say that WH will have problems with yalls run game. Young may be good but hes not Miller OU good - Fact.

I cant wait!! Im so pumped up, even after a loss. I saw some great things tonight.

I also HIGHLY doubt SS will have a running game even CLOSE to what Naaman Forest had, so i wouldnt say that WH will have problems with yalls run game. Young may be good but hes not Miller OU good - Fact.

We will pick up on that topic after next Friday night, you are going to be surprised at this kid...he is the best I have seen in a long time and I'm not talking about in SS, he has just been unnoticed from being at a small school the last few years. Haven't seen Miller, but I figure they have 2 different running styles. But when we have a running back as good as he is and a great QB, it is makes it a difficult offense to stop.

Can't wait...should be a show down...I forsee one of those 20 page threads coming on filled with smack.

They also said he couldn't play 4a ball like he did 2a. 165 yd's by half time on 12 carries, 60 yd's in the air 3 catches, two td's. Maybe your right maybe he not that good, but just like Paris. We will all see this coming Friday. Fair enough?

How do you see great things when you lose 52-35! .....................Watch the other team? :coolball:

How do you see great things when you lose 52-35! .....................Watch the other team? :coolball:

By a promising young receiver and his QB connecting several times. Being up at half time.

Knowing that without the obscene amount of turnovers whitehouse probably wins...

Should be a tough game! I think it will be worth the price of admission...

How do you see great things when you lose 52-35! .....................Watch the other team?

Well lets see.. Winning 21-20 at half being a team of jrs/sophs against a team of D1 SR players. Ermm no Asher Williams or Ryan Bell and having to use two 4-5 string receivers. Losing by 17 points and giving Naaman forest the ball inside WH 25 on 2 self causing fumbles and an INT. Dont know how well you do in math, but Naaman couldnt stop WH offense and you take away those 3 bonehead turnovers and that = 21 points, not to mention it wouldnt of giving Naaman 25 yards to score back to back to back so the score could of been possibly lower. Lastly, WH probably had over 6 turnovers and was still in the ballgame. Anyone at the game would say WH wins if you take away just 1-2 of the turnovers and have all their first team players healthy and getting to play. Thats how you see great things, when you had a great chance to beat a very good 5A team without 2 of your starting receivers and self-causing turnovers left and right, not to mention Attaway didnt have that great of a night, to many balls thrown to high and a handful of dropped passes that hit the receivers in the hands. All of which listed above is an EASY problem to fix. I know your from kilgore and think your so good squeaking by a 3A team by 13, congrats. I cant wait to drive to kilgore. ;)

They also said he couldn't play 4a ball like he did 2a. 165 yd's by half time on 12 carries, 60 yd's in the air 3 catches, two td's. Maybe your right maybe he not that good, but just like Paris. We will all see this coming Friday. Fair enough?
Congrats to sulphur springs and ryan young. we got hammered last night by rivercrest. You think we could borrow him for a couple of games...

###### on that statement,, you will def be surprised!! this kid is great! ran all over paris last night had over 200 yards rushing and took him out about the middle of the 3rd

Because I saw what should be a team that will take the district championship this year. Let's see, 3A Carthage at Kilgore, a good rivalry but I don't know, seems as if Kilgore should have put that game away way before they did. Looking forward to playing in Kilgore again this year.

This will be a real shootout! I have to give the nod to SS. simply because they are more balanced than WH. Attaway and Rollison cancel out each other, so that leaves the team with the best running game the best chance to win this one. I give the nod to SS based on their balance. But I do expect both teams will hang a total of 75 on the score board.

Another good shooout this weekend will be the Carthage vs Henderson game. Two great passers in this one too. I will go with Carthage just because of bigpappabear! lol

I see great things when Whitehouse scores 35 points against a team that is a serious threat to win the 5-A State Championship. If the starting receivers were playing they would have racked up over 50 points. Hell if they could have hung on to the ball a couple more times they would have had over 50 points.

No 4-A team Whitehouse plays is gonna match the size of those monsters at GNF. And they were quick monsters too.

That Miller is the real deal-best back Ive seen since that kid from Palestine. You know the one that plays on Sundays?

The defense needs some work, but they'll get there. I was very encouraged by the game as a whole. If I was in Whitehouses district I wouldn't take comfort in this result, I'd be worried.

The SS game should be great. SS out for blood and they have the motivation factor. Not suprised if SS wins. WH is just putting the pieces together for the district games and to be ready to play Longview or T-High in the first round.

and....Whitehouse appears they can run the ball. And I checked it wasn't Luke Shivers.

These are the two best teams in their districts just like

They were last year...... I take SS by 14

TY & company have too much fire power

Yea they have fire power and a weak defense. WH has basically all of its secondary back last year that accounted for 7 of Rollisons INTs last year.

and LOL at the people who already said WH doesnt have a run game, obviously they dont know anything about football. I guess you guys are saying WH should of ran the ball against NF 7-8 men in the box, not to mention they couldnt stop the pass to save their lives, and I dont know what game you went to but i saw some great 10-15 yard bursts like 90% time they ran the ball. Come on people, have some football smarts and quit basing your opinions on the stat page.

Anyway, I see this being a shoot-out, possibly 100points combined. From all the things iv seen - both team offenses are pretty much even, but WH defiantly has the edge the defensive side and i know people are going to laugh saying WH just gave up 50 points last game, well just watch how they put that many points on every 5A team they play this year. But in a mistake free game I see WH defense getting more stops then SS defense gets, but if WH gives away 3 TDs like they did against NF then Ss should win

No 4-A team Whitehouse plays is gonna match the size of those monsters at GNF. And they were quick monsters too.

Please clarify something for me????????

The only difference between 5a, 4a, 3a and all of the conferences are just the size of the student body attendance. I understand that the larger the school the larger of selection to choose from.

But all of these kids are about the same age. So why can't any 4a team be as big or quick as any 5a school? Just because they play in a smaller division doesn't mean they are smaller or does it?

Yea they have fire power and a weak defense. WH has basically all of its secondary back last year that accounted for 7 of Rollisons INTs last year.

and LOL at the people who already said WH doesnt have a run game, obviously they dont know anything about football. I guess you guys are saying WH should of ran the ball against NF 7-8 men in the box, not to mention they couldnt stop the pass to save their lives, and I dont know what game you went to but i saw some great 10-15 yard bursts like 90% time they ran the ball. Come on people, have some football smarts and quit basing your opinions on the stat page.

Anyway, I see this being a shoot-out, possibly 100points combined. From all the things iv seen - both team offenses are pretty much even, but WH defiantly has the edge the defensive side and i know people are going to laugh saying WH just gave up 50 points last game, well just watch how they put that many points on every 5A team they play this year. But in a mistake free game I see WH defense getting more stops then SS defense gets, but if WH gives away 3 TDs like they did against NF then Ss should win

Sounds like WH has a weak defense also if you already expect us to hang 40 or 50 on the scoreboard. SS has all of it's secondary back from last year except 1. I believe WH had a total of 6 int's in the 2 games we played last year, could be wrong, but on the flip side SS picked Attaway 4 times. SS has 6 returning starters on D, 2 saftey, 2 CB 1 LB, 1DL and several other that logged a lot of playing time last year...they are not as weak as everyone thinks, but if you compare the D to the O, then yes they are weak, but they can hold their own.

SS had a few penalties and 1 fumble that was caused by Paris, but the SS offense will not shoot theirselves in the foot, they are disciplined and for a defense to stop them, they will have to play lights out and almost perfect.

Key to the game for SS to win is for the Offense to just do what they do and the D-line needs to put pressure on Attaway. They sacked the Paris QB 5 or 6 times and held the Paris rushing game to 90 yds. Their QB does not compare to Attaway, but we held him to 8 of 29 passes for 119 yds and 1 int.

The only difference between 5a, 4a, 3a and all of the conferences are just the size of the student body attendance. I understand that the larger the school the larger of selection to choose from.

But all of these kids are about the same age. So why can't any 4a team be as big or quick as any 5a school? Just because they play in a smaller division doesn't mean they are smaller or does it?

You are exactly right, the only difference is that 5A has more depth and generally does not play anyone both ways.

The statistical odds are in the favor of the larger school. Yes you can big and fast kids but larger schools are more likely to have more of them. That is why we have all the different classifications. And GNF is blessed to have a ton of them. Did you even see the game?