Hallsville Vs Kilgore

HvilleCat23

Have to say, i havent seen a better prediction in a while! :happy65: and kilgore was almost in scoring position at end of game! Too bad the refs thought Kilgore didnt fumble, the score shoulda been closer. But if you watched the game, it was REAL close, Have to say moon and Reddik are a good mix, We didnt run quantrail much but jones did some damage of his own! Like i predicted, a short game but a heck on one! This was a batttle of the lines, and late in the game kilgore was just too much, hallsville had two starting injuries, and it showed. (and i gotta admit, the big sign kilgore dominated that said " were taking all 9 lives tonight} was pretty creative! i dont think our 40 foot bobcat liked it!

I can't say that the TD's happened quite like I thought they would, but the final score was pretty much how I pictured it. I thought that Kilgore's defense played pretty well, but the offense left a lot to be desired. Frank Reddick had a big night and I had no idea he had enough speed to break a run that long. Someone told me tonight that the rehab he did after his knee surgery actually made him a step faster than he was before he injured the knee. I like it.

I was very disappointed in Kilgore's receivers tonight. McBryde put about 5 or 6 balls right on the money and the receivers just flat-out dropped them. All of those balls will have to be caught if Kilgore wants to make a deep run in the playoffs.

As for Hallsville, I thought that their defense, offensive line, and running game were greatly improved over last year. The thing they have to worry about is the passing game. Every time I saw their QB throw tonight it looked like he was throwing a giant water balloon.... No zip at all on the ball. I'm afraid that other teams will see the films of these early games and realize that they can put 8 in the box and not have to worry about the pass. I could be wrong.... I have been before (once).

Good game Bobcats,

-Aggie98

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say that the TD's happened quite like I thought they would, but the final score was pretty much how I pictured it. I thought that Kilgore's defense played pretty well, but the offense left a lot to be desired. Frank Reddick had a big night and I had no idea he had enough speed to break a run that long. Someone told me tonight that the rehab he did after his knee surgery actually made him a step faster than he was before he injured the knee. I like it.

I was very disappointed in Kilgore's receivers tonight. McBryde put about 5 or 6 balls right on the money and the receivers just flat-out dropped them. All of those balls will have to be caught if Kilgore wants to make a deep run in the playoffs.

As for Hallsville, I thought that their defense, offensive line, and running game were greatly improved over last year. The thing they have to worry about is the passing game. Every time I saw their QB throw tonight it looked like he was throwing a giant water balloon.... No zip at all on the ball. I'm afraid that other teams will see the films of these early games and realize that they can put 8 in the box and not have to worry about the pass. I could be wrong.... I have been before (once).

Good game Bobcats,

-Aggie98

Thanks Aggie for be the Bulldogs diplomat! You are quite well spoken.

Ill keep pointing out our foes shortcomings!!!! :whome:

Good game Bobcats,

-Aggie98

Good analogy for the 'Cats passing; I have the same thoughts. Simpson (3) has a strong arm. There is just something wrong with the "technique". Give him some time as he is only a junior. He was hurt the bulk of last season. Overall I was pleased with our O-line and D-line most of the game. Running game will only improve. Give 'Trel more experience and he will be special. Again he is a soph and almost went the distance on the screen play. Gotta get ready for next Friday.

As for speed, was it number 30 for Kilgore that returned the fumble for a TD? He was moving!

Good analogy for the 'Cats passing; I have the same thoughts. Simpson (3) has a strong arm. There is just something wrong with the "technique". Give him some time as he is only a junior. He was hurt the bulk of last season. Overall I was pleased with our O-line and D-line most of the game. Running game will only improve. Give 'Trel more experience and he will be special. Again he is a soph and almost went the distance on the screen play. Gotta get ready for next Friday.

As for speed, was it number 30 for Kilgore that returned the fumble for a TD? He was moving!

Yes, #30 is Shaun Edwards and he is exceptionally fast for a Defensive End. When I saw him pick it up cleanly and I saw that no one was in front of him I knew that he was gone. He's gifted. He also umpires little league baseball games in the spring and volunteers at the Boys and Girls club in the summer...... you will not find a finer young man.

Yes, #30 is Shaun Edwards and he is exceptionally fast for a Defensive End. When I saw him pick it up cleanly and I saw that no one was in front of him I knew that he was gone. He's gifted. He also umpires little league baseball games in the spring and volunteers at the Boys and Girls club in the summer...... you will not find a finer young man.

well shaun thank ya for lettin us know what you do in your spare time! jk jk hallsville season is interesting thus far...

Good analogy for the 'Cats passing; I have the same thoughts. Simpson (3) has a strong arm. There is just something wrong with the "technique".

I agree 100%. On his mid to deep passes he looked like he was winding up and throwing it like a pitcher (ala Byron Leftwich) and the ball kept coming out of his hand wrong. On his short outs he got his elbow up and snapped it out there.... he needs to learn how to do that on all of his passes.

Yep Ive missed 3 games in 22 years.

If Hallsville has great atheletes you speak of then must be the coaching. lIKE i SAID EXTEND THE PLUNK'S CONTRACT!!!!

PS Here football is KING ,so you can have the rest. We use them to pass time till football season!!

Wait till next year LOL

I agree with the BigRedDog. Coaching is the problem.

Good game Bobcats,

-Aggie98

Well, hutchison looked great... But our backup needs ALOT of work. He is young though, and this is nearly the first two games in around a year. Hutchison looked good on scrambles except the one that led to turnover TD. If we cant get Hutchison back... we are in trouble. As for if he is back, we should not lose until district (based on how good this team looks) But im rooting for kilgore as they have been one of the funnest defenses ive seen in years! and they seemed to play this game at a different level or are just REAL good! Good luck for rest of season dawgs!!

well shaun thank ya for lettin us know what you do in your spare time! jk jk hallsville season is interesting thus far...

Your right Hallsville is interesting and unpredictable! I will not get to see them against the indians in that pitiful Tomato bowl! I will come see MP who i think is interesting! But then again, this district has been unpredictable and more interesting than i have seen since the 04 or 05 year when Kilgore, Marshall, Jax and Hallsville all fought for district and playoffs and all could have gone to state game!