76 members have voted

1. 1. who wins this game

• Sulphur Springs
    • Whitehouse

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WIth all the recent talk about coulda, woulda, shoulda, if, buts, and so on..... that is high school football every friday night. I wish I could look back at all the games we blew with 1 play, 1 first down, 1 turnover. Teams are so evenly matched , its those tangibles that decides games anymore. This one may not be as high scoring as people think, because both have seen each other the past couple of seasons, and tend to know what to expect. If Attaway can throw for 5-275 against Forest, he will get his agaist SS. It all rest on the WH D, and therfore the rest of the season. SS has a QB of their own as well as a newfounded running back. It should be a track meet. Homefield advantage will play a factor here as well. WH by 4

WIth all the recent talk about coulda, woulda, shoulda, if, buts, and so on..... that is high school football every friday night. I wish I could look back at all the games we blew with 1 play, 1 first down, 1 turnover. Teams are so evenly matched , its those tangibles that decides games anymore. This one may not be as high scoring as people think, because both have seen each other the past couple of seasons, and tend to know what to expect. If Attaway can throw for 5-275 against Forest, he will get his agaist SS. It all rest on the WH D, and therfore the rest of the season. SS has a QB of their own as well as a newfounded running back. It should be a track meet. Homefield advantage will play a factor here as well. WH by 4

You mean the NFL, right? Let me guess..................a WH fan? or a Tatum fan? Anyway, I gotta go with the team that has a commanding lead in this poll.

SS was up 42 - 6 against WH by the half in 7 on 7 this summer, OWN THAT... So unless you think the huge line that SS has is going to roll over... The out come is pretty easy to see. I could be wrong of course but that's why we play on Fridays.

7 on 7........Really? You cant really think that the 7 0n 7 summer ball counts do you?

You mean the NFL, right? Let me guess..................a WH fan? or a Tatum fan? Anyway, I gotta go with the team that has a commanding lead in this poll.

Of course he is a WH......Isnt that the point of the posts.....is to support your team? The pole is probably showing SS because WH fans havent gotten on yet and voted.....

WH by 12 points

SS was up 42 - 6 against WH by the half in 7 on 7 this summer, OWN THAT... So unless you think the huge line that SS has is going to roll over... The out come is pretty easy to see. I could be wrong of course but that's why we play on Fridays.

Hmmm. Maybe they'll play 7 on 7 instead of high school football.

This should be a great game. Rollison is a terrific qb, and with a running game, SS will be a better team than they were last year. For sure, in the last game played between SS and WH, if the SS coaches had believed in their running game, Sulphur Springs could have held the ball, run out the clock, and won.

I think it will be close, and not as high scoring as most seem to think. 31-27, Whitehouse.

I guess the SS coaches are really upset about losing to Whitehouse last year. I guess I’m not sure why they are so worried about winning this game. This game means absolutely nothing. I really think people put too much emphasis on preseason games. I thought that preseason games were for evaluating your talent so that when district starts then you would be ready. Oh I guess that’s only in the pros. I’ve seen many teams go thru the preseason with only a few wins and then sweep their district. I’ve seen teams win all their preseason games and then lose every district game. I know that everyone thinks Whitehouse is going to have a down year and I’m not sure if that is true or not. I do know that this preseason will only make them better. I don’t really care if they go 0-5 or 4-1 as long as when district roles around they are ready to play football. Good luck to both teams and I hope there are no injuries.

SS offense is better, WH defense is better. Defense wins those big games for you though! Although WH is missing hicks, they win.. NO WAY SS holds WH to 21 points, they wont have half the D Naaman had.

WH 55

SS 49

you're right....what was i thinking? :bangin:

SS-42

WH-7

If Naaman couldnt... noone will. You are right about WH, but them and SS have crazy good offenses. Wont be any defensive stops to keep WH to 7 points.... easy to point that out.

I don't think he was serious, I think he intended to say 6, he said WH didn't have a kicking game and that they would miss the PAT.

JK...I'm sure they will score more than that.

I love how everyone talks about last year. Last year was just that last year. These are two different teams. I think they will match up well. They Both have a very high powered offense. Defense is going to be the determining factor. I'm not going to make a prediction it should be an exciting game. I wish Whitehouse luck.

normally, I would agree. But aren't these more or less the same teams as last year. Same leadership. Same Coaches.

The Smoaksters have this way in Sulphur Springs favor, you SS posters using more than one account to vote????? I would think the WH posters would outnumber the SS posters, could this mean anything????

Wish I could go but I would rather follow my Panthers to Terrell. Gotta go with the SS Wildcats because they always pull for us, safe game to both teams, I look forward to hearing the outcome.

normally, I would agree. But aren't these more or less the same teams as last year. Same leadership. Same Coaches.

No!! The Whitehouse team graduated 40 Sr.'s last season. Now granted not all of them started. That is still a alot of kids to lose. The receivers are different. This is a totally different team. I'm not saying they are better or worse than last year that has yet to be proven one way or the other. I know that they have potential and will make another run at the District title this year. I'm not sure if SS is returning most of their team from last year or not. It will be a good game.