Workouts

Bclove05

I am a boy who is 16 and I would say im about 5 feet and 10 inches in Height, Anyone out there know anything I could do that could make me Taller ?? I have family member's who are tall my brother is like 6 feet and 5 inches a pretty tall dude. But i want to grow tall to any help ?

---------------

rohn

Well Rohn, unfortunately we are all victims or the lucky recipients of our own DNA......At the time of conception all of our individual and unique features such as height, weight, metabolism, susceptiblity to disease, possible genetic disorders, physical features, etc. etc. were all pre-determined for us.......you are only 16, good news for you is that most males do not stop physically maturing until around the age of 24, so time is still on your side, you more than likely have at least 1 to 3 good growth spurts left before your growth plates "inactivate" themselves........Genetics are a wonderful mystery that science is just now beginning to truly understand, the amount of genetic diversity among individual families alone is immeasurable, your brother may be taller than you for now, but you may surpass him, no one will be able to know though until you actually stop growing.

For instance, my brother who is 3 years younger than me, is almost 6'2" and about 205, played baseball for OU, and always had that natural God-given talent that usually made him the best athlete on the field. I am 5'10", 195, was blessed with great speed, but other than my speed, I always had to work harder than everyone else to achieve what I needed to do athletically. I also have a barrel chest with broad shoulders while my brother has a slimmer torso than I do, but he was gifted with massive forearms and huge calves that allowed him to have tremendous pop with his bat as well as hurl a baseball from the bump at 91 to 95 mph. The best I could ever achieve on the bump was 89 mph max.

I could go on all day about these types of differences, but I think you are getting the idea.....and the main point of my post is to let you know that all we can ever do with our lives is to do the very best we can with what we are given......that is all that we can ever do and that is all that really matters.......just do your best in whatever it is that you are trying to do, and the rest will fall into place......