Looking to start a Tyler Flag-Football League

baseballguru23

We are looking to start an independent flag football league in Tyler that compares or betters the one in Longview. We are looking to have anywhere to 32-40 teams, that would play a 16 game schedule once a week and then have playoffs. I think this could be possible in the area with a little help.... I know you all are dying to play some football again on a competitive level. Looking for the support of SDC and everyone who is interested.

U2U with me questions and comments.

We are looking to start an independent flag football league in Tyler that compares or betters the one in Longview. We are looking to have anywhere to 32-40 teams, that would play a 16 game schedule once a week and then have playoffs. I think this could be possible in the area with a little help.... I know you all are dying to play some football again on a competitive level. Looking for the support of SDC and everyone who is interested.

A 16 game season, one game a week is very long for flag football. The leagues here play a five week season playing two games on the same day. So you have a 10 game season with the 6th week being playoffs.

Do you already have registration started or is it just a plan that your trying to get together at the moment? Also is it going to be semi-contact or no contact? Do you have any way that you can be contacted other than SMC because I have a team thats really interested in playing!

Well we are having a tournament, hundred dollar entry, and cash prizes, we are trying to get 8-10 teams... I know yall are down, so if you have any other teams that you know of let me know... You can contact me at 2142325477, It will be on a Saturday all day, and try to have it like a kickoff, to try and get this going.... Let me know how you feel about that.....

Well we are having a tournament, hundred dollar entry, and cash prizes, we are trying to get 8-10 teams... I know yall are down, so if you have any other teams that you know of let me know... You can contact me at 2142325477, It will be on a Saturday all day, and try to have it like a kickoff, to try and get this going.... Let me know how you feel about that.....

Thanks for the info I know another team down here that may be interested. Ill contact you Monday fot more details!

Guest bearbacker

Just a thought, but with the way John Tyler tackled against Texas High a couple of weeks ago and Lee getting shutout by Longview...... you might want to think about banning all flag football in Tyler.

• 3 weeks later...
The Best of Best Flag Football Challenge presented by

DFW SPORTS

Double Elimination Tourney - 1 day only
Saturday November 8,2008
(Great Warm Up Tourney for Z Football Nationals)

Bring your own Flags

Solar Complex Field

4000 Midway Rd, Carrollton, TX 75007-1903
The Solar Soccer complex fields are located behind the
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church. The church is on International Parkway between
Midway Road and West Plano Parkway just west of the North Dallas Tollway
.[/color]

Registration due by October 29,2008,Late registration will be accepted until November 1,2009,extra $25.00 per team

]Only accepting payment by cash, cashier check or paypal

Teams

Mens

A (competitive) $165.00 per team, roster limit is 7 player

B (recreational) $130.00 per team, roster limit is 7 player

C (coach Potato) $130.00 per team, roster limit is 7 player

Womens

A(competitive) $130.00 per team, roster limit is 8 players

Prizes Awarded

Mens

A (competitive) 1st place $400.00 cash, t-shirt & trophy for each player 2nd $200.00 cash,t-shirt & trophy for each player

B (recreational) 1st place $130.00 cash, t-shirt & trophy for each player 2nd t-shirts

C (coach Potato) 1st place $75.00 cash, t-shirt & trophy for each player 2nd t-shirts

Womens

A (competitive) 1st place $250.00 cash, t-shirt & trophy for each player 2nd $130.00 cash,

t-shirt for each player

Contact Info:

James Mcgee-469-371-5487
Jimmie Boyd-214-732-1667
Email: [email protected]