Senator Cornyn's True Colors

Donnie

Subject: Senator Cornyn's True Colors

Well it appears that Senator John Cornyn has undermined his stated position of being a supporter of secure borders. Many of us in Texas, including me, believed that we had a champion in our corner in the fight to stem the flow of illegal aliens and seal the southern border. When you read the exerpts from the Senator's on newsletter, and then consider who the players are that he is aligning himself with, it is clear that we have been duped.

In order to appreciate the significance of the two events cited below, you must first read an opinion piece by then President and CEO of the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, A.J. Rodriguez Comment: Immigrants Important Asset to Nation. The piece appeared in the San Antonio Express News back in February 2008. Mr. Rodriguez makes it clear that he and the SAHCC support the continued flow of illegal aliens and an open border. This is the same SAHCC that Senator Cornyn met with on August 27, 2008.

If those of you in Texas, after having digested the information provided in this email, feel as betrayed as I do, then send a message to Senator Cornyn on election day. At some point there is going to be a political price to pay for ignoring the will of the people.

Cornyn Highlights Integral Role Minority-Owned Businesses Play in Texas Economy - 08/27/2008

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla, and Deputy Director Jovita Carranza of the Small Business Administration (SBA), today met with San Antonio officials and minority-owned small businesses. Sen. Cornyn invited Sen... [more]

Sens. Cornyn, Martinez Discuss Importance of Striking Right Balance Between Successful Trade and Effective Security - 08/27/2008

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, today issued the following statement after hosting a press conference in Laredo with U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Florida, to discuss trade, immigration and border security: "I'm thankful Sen. Martinez was able to join me today in Laredo to discuss a number of issues relating to international trade and commerce, border security, and lawful immigration. As the U.S... [more]

We Are Looking for a Few Good Patriots

Jim "Hoot" Gibson

USAF, Retired

U.S. Border Watch, San Antonio

http://www.afrsatxbrigade.com/

The Law Against Hiring or Harboring Illegal Aliens

U.S. Code, Title 8, Section 1325

Why would anyone set the stage for reading facts, by reading and "appreciating" an op-ed? Opinion is just that, opinion, some guy's take on an issue. Surely you can give us something substantive with which to slant our take on the two pieces you posted instead of one guy's opinion. That's something a liberal would do.

If you are in fact a conservative, you lose credibilty when you set the stage for aggreance with your side when you post an op-ed. When that happens, it makes conservatives as a whole look bad.

Do better.

As near as I can figure, this "Hoot" Gibson guy disagrees with A.J. Rodriguez to the point that he's willing to send emails out painting John Cornyn as a hypocrite for supporting the SBA and wanting to take steps to ensure that the border towns don't dry up and blow away. I saw no indication that Cornyn agrees with the immigration aspects of Rodriguez' commentary.

I don't have an SBA loan, but I considered it. As far as the border towns are concerned, is the only concievable way to promote business to allow illegal immigration? I don't think so.

I'm with bleeds. You probably should read these emails with a little more of a critical eye.