The Eagles visit The Cowboys, Monday Night.

Donnie

Eagles vs Cowboys  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you believe will win the game ?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles seem well formed and back to their old self. However, one game in, it's needless to say it's difficult to discern.

The Cowboys didn't rack up as many points as The Eagles, but seem to have a handle on the game throughout.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Final Score -

Eagles 34

Cowboys 31

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rams looked sad. Browns alittle better. I take the Cowboys in this one by 3points. Its gonna be a good test for them. The Eagles should contend for a playoff spot. I hate that its on Monday night

Cowboys should win this one, the Eagles are probably the second best team in the NFC East but won't be able to stop T.O., Witten, and Barber, and I doubt the Eagle hang 35 on this Cowboys defense.

Dallas 31

Philly 24

My theroy as to why Dallas didn't put more on the score board against Cleveland?? The Browns provided no real compition for Da Boys and didn't push them. I think with a little more compition coming from Philli, Dallas could light the score board up. I liked what I saw from Dallas' D.

Dallas 34

Philli 24

Cowboy's advantages:

1) Offense - The Eagles won't have as much success blitzing against the Boys' offensive line compared to St. Louis'. Witten should have a big game.

2) Defense - Zach Thomas should help the Boys' sniff out those pesky counters and trap runs that gave them trouble in the past.

Eagles advantages:

1) Offense - Can the Boys' shut down DeShaun Jackson? If Newman isn't in, they may have trouble. Although Braylon Edwards didn't do much damage last week, it was largely because of his own drops and penalties.

2) Defense - Last time these two teams faced each other, The Eagles disguised their blitzes and tried to force Romo to throw to vacated zones, which they flooded. The Eagles have also had success overloading the strong side of the Boys' formation. If Garrett can't exploit this, the Eagles will give them fits, and they have in prior games.

WOW I am exhausted..........what a game tha Boy's have to cut down on the flags they gave the Eagles to many first downs because of them. Romo as good as he looked the fumble and the missed 3RD down conversion to Barber to ice the game could of been killer luckily is wasn't.

P.S. Could Steve Young Ride the Eagles jock any more, the comment he made about what coach Andy Reed would say to DeSean Jackson after he showed out and dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line for a for sure TD was ridiculous " Make a game out of it in practice". This is the NFL not high school, the only game that should be played is the one they are getting PAID to play.

Outside the penalties and the miscues in the endzone and on 3rd down, I thought the Cows look very good. TO looked good. Witten looked good. I love it when they go long to Witten. Romo looked good. Gotta do something about the penalties though.

On a side note, I don't recall another game where the announcing staff was busy on their collective knees in front of a team the way they were tonight for Philly. Disgusting.

WOW I am exhausted..........what a game tha Boy's have to cut down on the flags they gave the Eagles to many first downs because of them. Romo as good as he looked the fumble and the missed 3RD down conversion to Barber to ice the game could of been killer luckily is wasn't.

P.S. Could Steve Young Ride the Eagles jock any more, the comment he made about what coach Andy Reed would say to DeSean Jackson after he showed out and dropped the ball before he crossed the goal line for a for sure TD was ridiculous " Make a game out of it in practice". This is the NFL not high school, the only game that should be played is the one they are getting PAID to play.

I still don't see how that's not considered a fumble. If a qb turns and throws a backwards pass that ends up on the ground, that is a live ball. I just don't see the difference. STUPID, STUPID rule.

Also, how 'bout that PI call where the Eagle receiver grabbed Henry and pulled him into him. That was freakin ridiculous. It's too bad a play like that can't be reviewed and a bad call overturned. All in all, with the lucky breaks Phillly got, and the porous defense played by the Cowboys, it was really amazing that the Dallas offense was still able to win the game. This may end up being one of the most prolific offenses ever in the NFL. I sure was hoping for a better defense than what they've shown.

This is interesting from the NFL's own website on rules.

backward pass

Backward Pass

Any pass not forward is regarded as a backward pass. A pass parallel to the line is a backward pass. A runner may pass backward at any time.

A backward pass that strikes the ground can be recovered and advanced by either team.

A backward pass caught in the air can be advanced by either team.

A backward pass in flight may not be batted forward by an offensive player.