USC vs OSU

catluv

So, does everybody think USC is going to whip OSU like I do?

Prediction: USC wins 38-17 with Carroll calling off the dogs mid-way through the fourth quarter.

USC by 3 tds maybe 4tds . I would like to see Ohio St. make a game of it, but Wells isn't 100% and even with him healthy the Buckeyes are half the team the Trojans are.

USC by 3 tds maybe 4tds . I would like to see Ohio St. make a game of it, but Wells isn't 100% and even with him healthy the Buckeyes are half the team the Trojans are.

That's exactly right. I keep hearing ESPN talking about if Beanie Wells plays it'll be a much better game. No it won't, Wells is a good running back, but he's not even close to enough to keep them close. He's not Earl Campbell or Marcus Allen.

Wells is out... this one's gonna get ugly.

There is still a chance Chris Wells will play (even after Tressels press conference yesterday), but if he does I think they will use him rarely and basically just as a decoy. I am originally from Ohio and a Die Hard Buckeye fan, but this one could become a real handful for the Bucks. If OSU doesnt put some points on the board quick, this could get ugly.

I knew this was going to be a blowout. The rout is on, and I'm loving every second of it. Ohio State gets on my nerves, and I just love that they're getting embarrassed in front of the entire country again.

OSU needs to let Pryor start from now on, because Boeckman is terrible.

USC 35 OHIO ST 3

It was a very bad game for the Buckeyes and Beanie Wells may have accounted for a couple TD's but not enough to win.

USC played very well throughout the whole game and he did call of the team in the 4th quarter.

I predict USC definitely stays #1 and Ohio State drops to #6-7

USC 35 OHIO ST 3

I predict USC definitely stays #1 and Ohio State drops to #6-7

I think OSU drops down to 10 or 11, because they got dominated all night long. In my prediction I gave them too much credit with a predicted score of 38 - 17.

Ohio State's offense was bad, and the only thing that gave them a tiny bit of punch every now and then was Pryor, but he is so young he couldn't make that much of a difference.

Guest imyahuckleberry

It was bad enough to watch an uncompetitive game but to have to listen to Brent Musberger and his man crush for USC was nauseating.

It was bad enough to watch an uncompetitive game but to have to listen to Brent Musberger and his man crush for USC was nauseating.

I don't think he has a man crush for SC anymore than the entire ESPN organization. It starts at the top and trickles down so we have to hear it every time they play (hear it from the commentators). The other team ESPN has a huge man crush for is Oklahoma. I was switching back and forth from the OU game to the USC game.

Whoever was doing the OU/UW game was just talking about how wonderful Sam Bradford is and telling us how unstoppable OU is and just gushing over their supposed greatness.

I got tired of listening to it and starting watching Fresno and Wisconsin, while watching USC send shame to the state of Ohio.

I want OSU to go away forever. I have disliked them ever since they won their national title with the help of the refs against Miami. I highly disliked Miami during their long run of dominance, but for Ohio State to luck their way through that season by barely beating teams all year and then get that pass interference call in the end zone.....I've disliked them ever since.

Ohio State has been fortunate the last two or three years in that their conference is horrible. Michigan used to present a test within the conference for OSU, but now they're one of the worst teams in the country. They had 6 turnovers yesterday just handing a victory to Notre Dame. The team to kind of watch out for if you're Ohio State is Michigan State who's got a very strong running back in Ringer, but I think their quarterback is a little suspect.

Once you guys have been watching sports long enough, you'll realize that the announcers/media typically maintains a rather perpetual "man crush" on whoever's winning.

Right now, USC is beating up on people without much apparent difficulty... so the announcers hype their invincibility; which, in turn, provokes interest and raises their ad revenues.

Mizzou's and OU's offenses are producing high scores and crazy stats, so the broadcasters start talking the Big XII up - it will go even crazier if MU and OU find each other in the CCG.

It's been my experience that every fan of a particular team is convinced that all "the media" hates their team and have a "man crush" on whichever team is as much or more successful than their own.

Once you guys have been watching sports long enough, you'll realize that the announcers/media typically maintains a rather perpetual "man crush" on whoever's winning.

It's been my experience that every fan of a particular team is convinced that all "the media" hates their team and have a "man crush" on whichever team is as much or more successful than their own.

I agree with your last statement most of the time, but you can't say the media didn't all but say the 2005 USC Trojans were the greatest college football team of all time in arguing how well they'd fare against great teams of the past before the national title game against Texas. I don't think any of the analysts chose one of those teams from the past in a mythical match up against USC. Then they got beat by UT, so using their analysis and "man crush" for USC before that game I announce and declare that the 2005 University of Texas Longhorns football team is the greatest college football team ever!!!!!!!

Guest imyahuckleberry

Right now, USC is beating up on people without much apparent difficulty... so the announcers hype their invincibility; which, in turn, provokes interest and raises their ad revenues.

Mizzou's and OU's offenses are producing high scores and crazy stats, so the broadcasters start talking the Big XII up - it will go even crazier if MU and OU find each other in the CCG.

UKL, thanks for the education. I didn't realize I was so stupid. I've been watching sports long enough to know how the cow eats the cabbage. BM has had his shoulder's buried in USC"s backside for years. I would even bet he can tell you what Pete Carroll had for dinner.

I even heard that brown noser say that this was the best USC team ever. Well kiss my backside, I thought that 05 team could have beat the 93 Cowboys.

I agree with your last statement most of the time, but you can't say the media didn't all but say the 2005 USC Trojans were the greatest college football team of all time in arguing how well they'd fare against great teams of the past before the national title game against Texas...

Though I don't necessarily disagree with you, I must yet contend that they do that every time that there is an undefeated #1 that has dominated their competition over the course of a season. They talked OU up in a similar fashion before USC pasted them in the Orange Bowl.

I remember them often talking like that during the several Miami NC teams of the 80s and 90s. It's just the hype & mythos that accompanies the game.

...they got beat by UT, so using their analysis and "man crush" for USC before that game I announce and declare that the 2005 University of Texas Longhorns football team is the greatest college football team ever!!!!!!!

Fine by me. Nothing wrong with having an opinion; this, after all, a free country.

Heck, you can even wear a pink bikini and stand in the middle of 6th Street asking for spare change if you like, I see that a lot when I'm in Austin. ;)