Mizzou

DLine06

Illinois is a pretty good team, and they put up 40 something points on MU. I don't care if it was the first game of the season. No one should be able to put up 40 something points on you if you want to win titles.

Besides Illinois they've not played anybody that's very good. Having said that, they are a very good offensive team, but to me they're just another Texas Tech. A really good passing offense with not much defense.

I-13 may be correct about Illinois. They almost got upset by ULL yesterday in winning 20-17 at home. They only put up 20 points against ULL, but put 40-whatever against Mizzoo in the first game........

Illini might have been off a little yesterday, but still if ULL shouldn't have a better defense than MU. They did better defending Nevada yesterday so we'll see if the defense can continue to get better.

I like how Mizzou ran a fake FG while up 45-17..... stay classy Gary Pinkle

I didn't realize they did that. Why not just kick it to give your kicker some work? That's a lack of respect for the opponent as well. Maybe Pinkle was seeing just how many points he could score to try to invoke fear into other Big 12 programs for when conference play begins. I don't think that score would scare the other top teams in the Big 12, but they did put up a lot more points on Nevada than Tech did.

I threw that last little phrase in there for you Crank......hahaha

Nevada is a better home team than road team...(most teams are).... and Luke Lippencott is out for the year and he is Nevada's best player.... but he plays RB not DB lol. Honestly we let Nevada hang around and Mizzou stepped their foot down on the throat of Nevada, the wolfpack realized they had lost and basically lost there edge.

When it comes to Mizzou, count me among the skeptics. Yeah, they're blowing teams out by big scores, Daniel/Macklin are combining for 6 or 7 tds and 500 yards a game or whatever, but who have they played?

A half-decent Illini squad that barely scraped by the Ragin' Cajuns? Nevada? Nevada?!

Wow. May as well give them the crystal football now.

Lest you accuse me of favoritism, I feel the same way about OU. They've played a Sun Belt doormat, a CUSA also-ran, and a Pac-10 wallflower. Um, pardon me if I think it's a tad bit early to start making room in the trophy case for NC number 8.

no they don't, Joey Halzle was throwing the ball in the 4th quarter yesterday. Teams run their offense when the backups go in, our offense is throwing the ball a lot. We don't go deep trying to score 80 in the 4th quarter, but we try to be efficient while the backups are in. It's a thin line but I think we tread on the respectable side of it. The only time I can really think of that we didn't was against SMU when Phil Bennett got really mad.

no they don't, Joey Halzle was throwing the ball in the 4th quarter yesterday. Teams run their offense when the backups go in, our offense is throwing the ball a lot. We don't go deep trying to score 80 in the 4th quarter, but we try to be efficient while the backups are in. It's a thin line but I think we tread on the respectable side of it. The only time I can really think of that we didn't was against SMU when Phil Bennett got really mad.

Crank, what about putting up 70 points on Nebraska 3 or 4 years ago? I'll tell you this much, when Mack knows UT has it in the bag he puts the back ups to the back ups in and they run the ball straight ahead with the same play over and over again. Just ask Cody Johnson he can tell you, because he had to do it against FAU the first week of the season.

Now, when it's late in the third quarter or early in the fourth Mack will let Chiles throw the ball like twice only to let him get a couple of tosses 5-10 yards down the field, because I can throw better than he can.

Crank, what about putting up 70 points on Nebraska 3 or 4 years ago? I'll tell you this much, when Mack knows UT has it in the bag he puts the back ups to the back ups in and they run the ball straight ahead with the same play over and over again. Just ask Cody Johnson he can tell you, because he had to do it against FAU the first week of the season.

Now, when it's late in the third quarter or early in the fourth Mack will let Chiles throw the ball like twice only to let him get a couple of tosses 5-10 yards down the field, because I can throw better than he can.

Not our fault Bill Callahan put the worst QB in the world in the middle of the 3rd quarter and kept throwing every play. He asked for that 60 point beat down, they kept giving us the ball at the 20, sorry we didn't take a knee like Bob Stoops.

To my understanding and this was from a reliable source...

Nebraska was talking trash during game week and before the actual game and the game itself was relatively close before Nebrasks threw three INT's back to back to back that just went ugly for them.