Texas Tech 43 SMU 6

crossfire1407

Tech started out slow, but really cranked it up in the third quarter. The Tech D was awesome, they picked SMU 5 times . Bo Levi Mitchell just got overwhelmed. sacked 3 or 4 times. SMU's secondary is beyond awful. Crabtree burned them not once, but twice. Harrell had a great game. One more stat padder next week Vs Mass and then Big 12 play. Oh yeah tech also had 2 TD'd called back and the one drive that SMU scored on was kept alive by a 15 yard penalty.

Am i the only one that is sad to see June Jones not do what everyone expected so far. Not that i expected them to beat Tech or anything. Not to mention how awful they looked against Rice. Hopefully they can get in going. It would be nice to see a good college team in Dallas.

I was at the Tech SMU game last year and it was an absolute joke, appears as if it was the same way this year.

I would like for Jones to get SMU back to respectability. I don't remember when SMU was good when they had Dickerson and Craig James so if they do get to the level Hawaii was at it'll be a little weird for me.

They had to cheat to get there, so I wouldn't count on it happening again.

They had to cheat to get there, so I wouldn't count on it happening again.

True, but how do you think OU won with Barry Switzer back in the day? I don't think Stoops cheated too much to get Oklahoma back to prominence, but the amazing thing about the Stooper is how fast OU got good again. It took UT a while to catch up, but that's okay. They've both won national titles and get to go at each other every year. It's a fun thing to watch on a year round basis...actual football during the fall and battling for the recruits year round, but during the off-season that gets ramped up even more.

I love having a team to dislike as much as I do OU, but I also respect their accomplishments. What more can you ask for out of an opponent? I just thought of something I can ask of them. Sign more players from your own state you thieves!!!

HAHAHA

:)

Solid win for the Red Raiders!

When RRaider fans start referring to beating SMU as a "solid win" that can't be a good sing. SMU is pathetic, even Rice exposed that. I for one want to see TT do well to create more competition in the Big 12 but what until they actually beat someone first until you call it a solid win.

I think he was referring to the manner in which they won against SMU more than the actual opponent, how is a fans input a bad sign for a program exactly.

I for one want to see UT do well to create more competition in the Big 12 but they actually have to beat someone first until you call it a solid win

FIFY :happy65:

HAHAHAHA

Crank, you know what he meant.

From what I have seen so far from the Red Raiders, the biggest problem they are going to have as they move into the Big XII schedule is the lack of experience at place kicker... He missed an XPT and a FG last night and I think he is currently 1-4 on his FG tries so far this year. If they don't get this corrected, and soon, it may well cost at least one game as the season progresses.

yeah that's actually my biggest concern for our team right now is our kicker, I think he will be okay in the future but if we are going to be the team we should be he needs to be okay right now. He's got a big leg but he has had a few blocked and I think it has affected his kicks when he does get them off, he's thinking about it too much. Leach mentioned it after the game and they are going to harp on it for the next two weeks before conference play.

I think he was referring to the manner in which they won against SMU more than the actual opponent, how is a fans input a bad sign for a program exactly.

I for one want to see UT do well to create more competition in the Big 12 but they actually have to beat someone first until you call it a solid win

FIFY :happy65:

One thing is for sure. UT will keep beating TT as usual considering TT is now #105 in pass defense this year. Same ole TT defense.

Same here. OU's Kicker keeps missing PATs. God help us if we ever need a FG to tie/win a game.

OU should just go for two. Nobody is stopping them anyway.