MMA Disgusts Me

DiscreetWisdom

Am i the only one disgusted by MMA? Something about watching people beat the tar out of each other until KO and punching each other on the ground makes me sick. Maybe the main reason i hate it so much is because it's just a bunch of meatheads, and i sure do hate meatheads.

Anyway, i would just like to hear some thoughts by other people. I hope I'm not alone in my feelings.

Guest colonelkurtz

I agree with Original Poster...MMA, or UFC, or whatever these neanderthals call it, is disgusting and a complete joke.

The fighters are just no talent meatheads who don't have the skill to box, because if they did they would be in the boxing ring where the real athletes are (and the Millionaires are). If any of those guys had to put on the gloves and get in the ring with a real boxer like Kelly Pavlik or Antonio Margarito (and they couldn't kick and use leg holds etc.) they would get destroyed.

It doesn't surprise me that this so-called "sport" is as popular as it is however, keep in mind this is the same Country where millions of these same "intellectuals" watch cars take left turns for hours on end every weekend.

Is it surprising that so many kids in this Country can't find Delaware on a map?...They are the offspring of a Nascar and UFC watching Nation.

If cavemen want to watch other cavemen bash each other (I do), let em, change the channel... There's not 200+ channels for nothin, you don't hafta watch Nascar or MMA... There are several channels devoted to covering subjects on your level, you got Lifetime, E!, Oxygen, VH1, Noggin just to name a few !!

The days of 3, 6 & 12 are over... If thats all you have, then read a book, my G-ma enjoys romance novels, give them a try !!

Guest colonelkurtz
BTW, the worst MMA athlete would absolutely distroy your boxers. :whome:

Oh really...I guess that is why they are toiling around in some second tier sport getting there heads bashed in for peanuts, while Kelly Pavlik is already a multi-millionaire in his mid 20's...that makes a lot of sense....they must be smart....like you.

Guest colonelkurtz
UFC/MMA is one step away from Roman gladiators. Given the blood rule, e.g. out of the event until bleeding is wrapped and covered, in other sports caused by HIV concerns, why does this circus not have the same rule?

That is a great point, and just furthur prove of the absurdity of MMA.

That is a great point, and just furthur prove of the absurdity of MMA.

These fights play to packed houses. To say one comment on these boards prove anything is ludicrous.

If you don't like the fights, don't watch. Otherwise, quit whining.

Well at least you spelled something right, nice work, that High School education has served you well.

Found your goat yet? I'm betting you won't.

Guest colonelkurtz
Found your goat yet? I'm betting you won't.

Nevermind, I meant to say Jr. High Education...maybe one day you will be able to spread you vast intellect on to your offspring, and you can be so proud the day that he or she becomes the first in your family to squeak through High School...what a great day!!!

Enjoy your fights.....last word hill billy boy...goodbye.

Nevermind, I meant to say Jr. High Education...maybe one day you will be able to spread you vast intellect on to your offspring, and you can be so proud the day that he or she becomes the first in your family to squeak through High School...what a great day!!!

Enjoy your fights.....last word hill billy boy...goodbye.

My, how mature.

You, little girl, get squeamish at the site of blood and feats of skill and strength, yet you abuse goats on a regular basis. How disturbing.

Does the cult-master know you're running his goats off?

• 6 months later...

Both people that thought it was stupid have now been banned. I have a friend that thought MMA was stupid, till she actually sat down and watch a fight and then started dating a fighter. She now loves it and says there is no other sport like it. When she dated the fighter she saw the commitment he made to every aspect of fighting (ground work, boxing, muay thai). The great thing about MMA is there is no idiot up there with spiked hair trying to turn the fights into a sideshow. The fighters respect each other and respect the sport. The meatheads are the boxers, they only train at one thing, standing there and knocking the mess out of one another. MMA guys train at many different disciplines. You may have bricks for hands but if your jiu jistu is weak you are going to get tapped or choked. There is also the conditioning factor, boxers hold when they get rocked or get tired, do that in MMA and you will end up on your back in guard, if you are lucky. There is no hiding in MMA they don't have standing 8 counts and stuff like that.

Wow cant understand how someone comes on here and bashes a sport like this. I like watching the fights its alot better than just watching two guys run from each other for 12 rounds. Very seldom do you hear the crowd get mad at one of the mma fights. ITs non stop getting after it. As for the Nascar jab that is just un American to say that. I doudt either one of the two that got banned could hold a candle to any of the drivers out there. Just 2 people stirring the pot.