Bowhunting

dstan7695

Guest DavidStanley
Went out this morning, and didn't see a single deer. :thumbdown: I had a nice sized hog cruise right by in front of me about 2 minutes after I got in my stand. Only thing that saved him is that I had just pulled up my bow and did not have my release on or an arrow nocked.

I've been scoping out these 2 or 3 does with young (twins) but never have seen a buck anywhere around until this morning, and I go by these does every day! Do you think it's just getting close to the rut time and that is why this buck is coming around now? He was a young buck, only 4 or 6 point at most, I wasn't sure because it was about 7:15 this morning when I saw him out in the field close to the does. About the hog, seems to be the norm today. Another buddy of mine bagged a hog instead of a deer today.

I watched this little one 8 point for 2 hours!! had a great time watching him chase the crows and the doe away..Rut NO!!! 3 weeks promise.. Here is a pic of him from my deer cam!! The time is rt but the date is very wrong!!! I cant tell if they are the same deer or not... NEED TO GROW ABOUT 2 MORE YEARS!!!

MDGC0169.JPG

MDGC0209.JPG

Guest DoggyD
I watched this little one 8 point for 2 hours!! had a great time watching him chase the crows and the doe away..Rut NO!!! 3 weeks promise.. Here is a pic of him from my deer cam!! The time is rt but the date is very wrong!!! I cant tell if they are the same deer or not... NEED TO GROW ABOUT 2 MORE YEARS!!!

I am pretty sure it's the same deer. He going to be a nice buck!

Nix....the hogs don't knock over your feeder without staking them down? We have ours staked with t posts and wrapped in barbed wire...plus we put grease on the legs to keep the coons off...works pretty good too

Naw we have not had a problem with the hogs pushing them over!!!! Go see the pic in the the Hog updated on like the nest topic down from this one!!!! THAT HOG IS HUGE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have bow hunted since i was 14 tears old. It is the most intensive sport hunting there is. After almost 20 years, i still get shakey when that deer comes into range. However, here lately it is just hogs, hogs and more hogs. I shot 2 this weekend. I had 80 pics on the game cam and 6 had deer, the rest hogs.

your little buck appears to be a 2 year old. Let him be for 3 more years, if you can, and he will be nice.

On archery equipment, buy the good stuff and don't skimp. You will be much more happy.

Happy hunting boys.