Kilgore 28 Gilmer 14 [FINAL]

dstan7695

I have never seen such an ugly football game, somebody should declare open season on the zebras. Geez!!!!!!!

Bye the way, Gilmer had some really fine defensive work inside of the 10 yard line on several ocassions. If there defense had not been so tough it could have gotten ugly. Fine game Buckeyes, good luck!

So, I guess playing up does make a difference, huh? What happened to your 60+ points a game?

Kilgore's defense is what happened.

Gilmer could have very well won the game. The fumble that was returned for a TD, the big punt return that led to a TD the very next play, the extra point attempt that was run back for 2 points and the saftey all hurt very bad.

Kilgore's defense was stout. They really have some great DB's. They were giving Gilmer's passing attack fits all night long.

Honestly, I come away from this loss more confident in our team than any of our 3 wins. We stood toe-to-toe with a very good, excellently (is that a word?) coached 4A team and was never out of the game. That is until the final 2 minits or so. Defense was great. Twice, Kilgore had the ball 1st and goal on the 5 and both times Gilmer kept them out of the endzone. They blocked a field goal attempt the first time and gave up a field goal the next time, which also happened to be the only points scored by Kilgore's offense in the 2nd half.

Offensively, we struggled. Kilgore's defense just wouldn't let Gilmer get anything going. Gilmer had one good drive, and that was the lone scoring drive in the 2nd half. The 1st scoring drive was helped by 3, 15-yard penalties by Kilgore.

Overall, I'm much more confident in the Buckeyes after this loss that I was after the 3 wins. Buckeyes, keep your heads up. There is no reason to hang your heads. You went toe-to-toe with a better team and played them down to the wire. It's nothing but a loss and will only help you all get better for the teams that won't be nearly as good as what Kilgore is. Just continue to work hard and everything will be just fine.

Go Buckeyes!

By the way Kev, if you predicted us to lose by more than what we did, how did Gilmer choke? They played above your standards, which doesn't count as choking.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that Gilmer choked, but they certainly didn't play well enough to win. They fumbled on the 15 (which Kilgore ran back for a touchdown). They fumbled deep in their own end, and they threw two interceptions in the end zone. They also gave up a safety and a blocke PAT that was returned for 2 by Kilgore. That's 11 points that Gilmer donated to the Kilgore cause. Way too many turnovers and mistakes to win. If they make that many turnovers next week, they'll lose again, I hate to admit it.

Gilmer did play much better in the second half. Actually outscored Kilgore 8-3. Kilgore scored on a great pass just before half that kind of broke Gilmer's back. I thought Kilgore's quarterback actually played better than Godfrey. He was much more accurate. Godfrey had busted up a finger earlier in the week. I don't know if that affected his throwing, but he overthrew receivers all night long.

Gilmer will have to be much more accurate in it's passing game to go deep in the playoff. Godfrey has to be more accurate, and the receivers are going to have to catch better.

Gilmer's defense actually played a pretty good game. They only gave up 17 points, and they really tightened up inside the red zone. But the offense let them down. Not to take anything away from Kilgore. Kilgore has good team speed on Defense and played very well, especially against the long ball.

I had predicted Kilgore would win by six, they won by fourteen. But this was a great game for Gilmer. They were able to play with Kilgore, but they made way too many mistakes. They can learn from this by the character they built in the 2nd half, and they can learn by cutting down on the turnovers.

So when do the Daingerfield - Gilmer predictions begin?

It amazes me to read what some of the Gilmer posters on another thread said about the game. The concensus of it all was that if Gilmer doesn't give Kilgore the two easy TD......well u get it Gilmer wins and is the better team. In reality, had it not been for Kilgre shooting themselves in the foot and the stingy redzone defense of Gilmers it could have been 30 - 0 Kilgore at the half. How many rushing yards did Kilgore have? Anyone know? How many passing yards did Kilgore have? Anyone know? How many rushing yards did Gilmer have? Anyone know? My point is Kilgore had their way with Gilmer tonight. Offensive line way too much for the Buckeyes. Reddic probably averaged 6 yards per carry. Kilgre did have problems finishing their 8 minute drives. The Buckeyes were very fortunate they weren't blown out tonight. Gilmer you do have a very good 3a football team and u will win alot of games this season. But don't start sounding like the Taters when you lose to a better football team...........please! However this said.......poisonednutz just above me here, has it pretty accurate. thank u nutz

I don't think yall are giving Kilgore enough credit. Gilmer didn't donate anything, Kilgore reached in your pocket and took all your lunch money and made you like it. Kilgore's defense smothered Gilmer's offense. Kilgore's offensive line and tailback rammed the ball straight up the middle. Those turnovers, that punt return, that blocked kick. Those were all effort plays.

Godfrey didn't choke or play bad. That kid played his heart out. The receivers were not open. Kilgore's DB's made great plays and the Dline kept putting pressure on Stump.

Man, at least Daingerfield fans don't make excuses. If we lose, we just call it like it is. You ought to try it some time it is liberating.

Gilmer has a class program,the fans have to follow suite.

Kilgore beat the Buckeykes in every phase of the game. Read the stats.

The first Gilmer score was beause of 45 yards in penalites \ 3o was bogus in our view.

So you could go on and on .

The point on the DOGS win was holding Gilmer to about 200 yds in total offense..... who would have thought!

Great high school game by two of the STELLAR progams in East Texas.

Good Luck Gilmer.

that's about how i figured it would go. Kilgore kept jamming the ball down Gilmers throat and their big offensive line controlled things. this is going to do nothing but make Gilmer a more dangerous team than they already were. they now know what it feels like to loose and what they need to work on. it will do nothing but make them a better team. as far as kilgore...i'm sure their secondary is ready for a couple days off after having to chase those speedy wide recievers all night long. sounds like it was as good a game as i figured it would be!

was it coach speak when val said gilmer will be the best team kilgore has faced thus far or a slap to marshall which beat up on kilgore?

No slap. Marshall has a fine team. Kilgore abandoned what they do best in the Marshall game to work on their passing game trying to get it up to speed for district. They werent very successful with that approach against Marshall. I think Kilgore attempted 15 first half passes and only completed 3. We abandoned what we do best. pound the ball, to work on the passing game. Then Marshall breaks a KO return for an 89 yard td and Jones had a 60 yard run and we were behind and could never catch up. Marshall is a very good football team amd we probably don't beat them anyway. but I think we could have played them better.

was it coach speak when val said gilmer will be the best team kilgore has faced thus far or a slap to marshall which beat up on kilgore?

I think he was just trying to throw a bone to Gilmer.... and definitely not disrespecting Marshall. Marshall is by far the best team that Kilgore will play this year in the regular season.

As for Kilgore and Gilmer.... it didn't take very long for me to realize that Kilgore was going to dictate the pace of this game and they did. Ball control, special teams play, and a swarming defense is what Kilgore is built on and that's what they did tonight. It was very uncharacteristic of Kilgore, however, to get inside the 10 yard line twice and only come away with 3 points, but it didn't come back to haunt them. McBryde threw the ball really well tonight. Defense was on fire, but there were way too many penalties. I bet Kilgore had 150 yards in penalties tonight, and that's really the only thing that kept Gilmer within sniffing distance. Great game Dogs.... good luck for the rest of the season Buckeyes.