Pleasant Grove at North Lamar

pantheruncle

PG wins with flying colors, NL just isnt ready for this PG team

Since you know so much about PG to say we are just not ready for them why don't you answer the actual question. I will even go a little further.

1- what type of offense do they run?

2- what positions do the move-ins play?

3- what size offensive line do they have?

4- how good are there running backs?

5- is their defense big, small, fast, slow.

Another words what makes them so special that they will (as you say)beat NL with flying colors.

Since you know so much about PG to say we are just not ready for them why don't you answer the actual question. I will even go a little further.

Another words what makes them so special that they will (as you say)beat NL with flying colors.

1. spread

2. RB, QB, OL, DB

3. small

4. average cept for #2 who is way above average

5. average size, above avg speed

another word(s) - explosive on offense

seen em twice once in scrum and once against G'water

1- what type of offense do they run? Spread

2- what positions do the move-ins play? all i knew of was QB, RB and a DB or two.

3- what size offensive line do they have? its kinda small, but does its work

4- how good are there running backs? They have a beast at RB, and he will be a workhorse.

5- is their defense big, small, fast, slow. i think they are tall, but skinny. They tackle well though.

NL loses because their total plays in the playbook will wear off in third quarter... If PG has been watching videos then they should have yall memorized by now..

1. spread

2. RB, QB, OL, DB

3. small

4. average cept for #2 who is way above average

5. average size, above avg speed

another word(s) - explosive on offense

seen em twice once in scrum and once against G'water

I concur with his assesment, but would add to #5...

The defense has something else going for them, EXPERIENCE. Lot of game time, especially in the Linebackers and Secondary.

Also, they have another quarterback who can fill in nicely if the starter wasn't there. He is a good athlete (Pitched in the 3A championship game in Austin last year), and gives them depth at that position.

The factor PG will need to control will be more mental, in other words, mistakes and control.

Minimize penalties, and keep the focus. No errors of enthusiasm, like a bad face mask, or make a good play, and not being prepared for the next.

Gladewater was an impressive offense, no doubt, and can offer the argument that PG did not do well because they are a good Wing-T that is hard to stop. That was probably not just the a close game because it was 2 good teams, but because it was (relatively) one of the "Not as good as they had played" efforts by PG. Whether it was a penalty at a crucial time, or a dropped pass with no pressure, PG controlled a lot of the things that went wrong for themselves. If they can get clean for this week, and resume the solid team play, they will be tough to beat.

PG is a good team. They were good last year and they are good this year with a lot of their players back. They have a couple of new guys but they lost several good guys from last year and a couple from injuries this year. So they are like a lot of teams, not perfect, but just happen to be better than most when they play up to their potential and play team ball.

I’m certainly not going to give a scouting report and tell people how I think they can best match up against them. That is the other teams coaches job which I think they know more than I or at least should.

N. Lamar will be a tough test from PG due to their overall size. However, I feel PG's speed on defense will be the difference along with some big plays on offense.

I'm certainly not going to give a scouting report and tell people how I think they can best match up against them. That is the other teams coaches job which I think they know more than I or at least should.

Its too late. I have just called the NL coaching staff and told them "RedCreek49"and his SDC buddies from PG have let the cat out of the bag. When i told them it was "pantheruncle" and that i had just talked with "RedCreek49", they were so excited they had to put the phone on speaker.

Goodness 4-5 move in starters for PG... Did they go private ??

Well if PG wins can they even claim the victory for themselves, or will they have like a 72% win ?? :fish:

That is interesting. So let me see if i have this right. Say i live in Loser-ville TX and I had a kid that was a Jr, and for what ever reason lets just say i don't like the head coach, I move to Winners-ville TX for his SR. year. He doesn't lose any eligibility. Buutt, I live in a town with two schools, I get mad at the coach, move to the other school district and he cant play????? What are the UIL rules?