Mandatory Steps To Put America Back On Track

OBTS

If executive experience is the measuring stick of this election, then Palin takes it from McCain, Obama, and Biden. But executive experience over a moose and three Eskimos pales in comparison to the experience of the other three (of course, in a diminishing amount as you go down the line of "experience" ...)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon tennis, help your boy out. He's getting served faster than a happy meal at McDonalds.

Oh, I was just reading through pages 1-5 of this thread, which I found hysterical. :happy65:

Going back to the previous subject, I'll say that I'm really indifferent on the draft, or mandatory service. I struggled for a long time while deciding whether or not to join the military after high school. I chose not to, but I have my reasons and hope that will be respected. That certainly doesn't rule it out of my future. But if my government required my service, then I'd proudly be the first in line for the bus (basketball in hand :lol:).

As far as what Bear Den is saying, I don't necessarily agree. If Hillary Clinton had taken the Democratic nomination for POTUS, I'd be voting for Senator McCain. Gov. Palin does have more executive experience than the Democratic ticket combined, but I don't put as much weight on that as some of you do. Having a little mroe experience doesn't always mean a candidate will be a better executive.

If executive experience is the measuring stick of this election, then Palin takes it from McCain, Obama, and Biden. But executive experience over a moose and three Eskimos pales in comparison to the experience of the other three (of course, in a diminishing amount as you go down the line of "experience" ...)

There is a demonstrative difference in the executive experience of a governor and experience in terms of a Senator/Congressman. Senators have the luxury of being able to debate, and consider all of their decisions for as long as they need. They are not required to make spur of the moment decisions that directly affect large numbers of people. Nor are they the top person in terms of military entities, as Gov. Palin is with the Alaska National Guard.

If you want to compare them in terms of political experience, then yes, your comment is correct. But the level of responsibility goes up exponentially when it is your name on the bottom line.

Having a little mroe experience doesn't always mean a candidate will be a better executive.

I have to assume that a non-Washington insider might be exactly what we need in this country right now. It is obvious the yayhoos who are there now don't know the differene between horse poo and a good grade of clay.

There is a demonstrative difference in the executive experience of a governor and experience in terms of a Senator/Congressman. Senators have the luxury of being able to debate, and consider all of their decisions for as long as they need. They are not required to make spur of the moment decisions that directly affect large numbers of people. Nor are they the top person in terms of military entities, as Gov. Palin is with the Alaska National Guard.

If you want to compare them in terms of political experience, then yes, your comment is correct. But the level of responsibility goes up exponentially when it is your name on the bottom line.

They can't just vote "present" either, like Obama.

That's great, yes, but she was still the governor of nowhere. Before that the mayor of nowhere. She's VP so such things don't matter as much, but they're still important considering McCain's age.

I just don't buy the sales pitch McCain has thrown me with her. She's the main reason I've grown discontented with McCain's pandering. I say this because the last two presidents had just as little experience as governors and they were, imo, not so great. The last governor to be a decent president was Reagan. So when I look at history I see it of very little consequence that she was/is a governor and has "executive experience." She resonates well with conservatives for the same reasons Bush did originally: she talks big and aggressively with little substance to back it up; i.e., she's GREAT for a soundbite and has that Ann Coulter air about her without the Adam's Apple or middle age, transvestite scorn. Though I don't care for Palin, I do feel bad comparing her to Coulter.

Bleeds/Immortal.....Did either of you serve in the military? How long?

I don't know Bleeds or Immortal, or if they served, but Bear_Den, I do know my son did. I can tell you horror stories that he came back with. I can explain to you how those young men who went to war on their own, couldn't get the very best protection that they needed, because your liberal friend Bill cut their funds. Do you really know what those boys and girls went through because of the liberal democrats? Do you really want me to tell you what it is like to sit at home and wait for that call, and then when it comes, to not be told all a mother needs to know to be assured that their son is ok. Do you know what it is like to have to live with not knowing if your child is dead or alive for a day, much less a whole week. And you want to give guns to druggies and have them sleep in the same foxhole as my child, that is when they got to sleep.

Bear_Den, I can tell you what that year in Iraq did to my son, but I can't tell you everything, because he won't tell me the worst. Why? Because he can't talk about it. It was easier for him to handle because he was older than most when he enlisted. I can't even begin to think about the 18 and 19 year olds. My son was luckier than most. He survived that mortar attack....He survived his humvee being blown out from under him....He survived the inquisition when he commanded a units killing of an armed civilian. Do you know why they weren't sent to jail? Because the democrats that pursued what they considered the injustice of war crimes, couldn't distinguish which Infantry soldier's gun actually killed the man. How would you like that? You are sent to fight a war (and before you say these boys enlisted, remember that the majority did so before 911), fight and kill for the freedoms of the Iraqi people and for the freedoms of your own families, and then you are told you did bad because you did what you were trained and told to do.

Bear_Den, your candidate Obama is dangerous. I could give you so many reasons why he can't be elected, but my son only fought for one of those reasons. If we withdraw our troops before we have won the war against terroism and given the Iraqi people the ability to govern themselves, then we spit in the face of all the mothers, fathers, and families that had loved ones die there. Not to say that we do the same to those who are struggling mentally and physically back here to recover from war injuries. There is no way I can do that and sleep at night.

Financially, I don't care if I am better off with one candidate or another. What is best for our country? Abortion? Can you hold a little baby and believe it is ok to kill another one just because we have become a society that doesn't take responsibilities for our own actions. Do you really believe that it is ok to say "I can live how I want because I can either get an abortion, and I can choose to keep the child and the government will pay me money?" Bear_Den, I'm not perfect. I have made mistakes in my life, but there comes a time when you have to stand for what is right, regardless of the choices you have made in your life.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

So you want the dopeheads on the streets am I correct? I'd rather make them serve our country! It puts money in their pocket, a roof over their heads, and 3 meals a day. I don't think they would turn that down

You are kidding, right? Ask any soldier in Iraq if they have money in their pockets, a roof over their heads, and three meals a day.

Guest bleeds

Golfingnut, BD posts solely on assumptions. He never has any facts to corroborate his comments.

Did I mention he lied about having a son KIA in Iraq?

I don't know Bleeds or Immortal, or if they served, but Bear_Den, I do know my son did. I can tell you horror stories that he came back with.

Golfingnut... please express my deepest appreciation to your son for his dedicated service to our country. I pray that the things he had to do while fighting for us haven't caused him any irreparable harm.

I don't know Bleeds or Immortal, or if they served, but Bear_Den, I do know my son did. I can tell you horror stories that he came back with. I can explain to you how those young men who went to war on their own, couldn't get the very best protection that they needed, because your liberal friend Bill cut their funds. Do you really know what those boys and girls went through because of the liberal democrats? Do you really want me to tell you what it is like to sit at home and wait for that call, and then when it comes, to not be told all a mother needs to know to be assured that their son is ok. Do you know what it is like to have to live with not knowing if your child is dead or alive for a day, much less a whole week. And you want to give guns to druggies and have them sleep in the same foxhole as my child, that is when they got to sleep.

Bear_Den, I can tell you what that year in Iraq did to my son, but I can't tell you everything, because he won't tell me the worst. Why? Because he can't talk about it. It was easier for him to handle because he was older than most when he enlisted. I can't even begin to think about the 18 and 19 year olds. My son was luckier than most. He survived that mortar attack....He survived his humvee being blown out from under him....He survived the inquisition when he commanded a units killing of an armed civilian. Do you know why they weren't sent to jail? Because the democrats that pursued what they considered the injustice of war crimes, couldn't distinguish which Infantry soldier's gun actually killed the man. How would you like that? You are sent to fight a war (and before you say these boys enlisted, remember that the majority did so before 911), fight and kill for the freedoms of the Iraqi people and for the freedoms of your own families, and then you are told you did bad because you did what you were trained and told to do.

Bear_Den, your candidate Obama is dangerous. I could give you so many reasons why he can't be elected, but my son only fought for one of those reasons. If we withdraw our troops before we have won the war against terroism and given the Iraqi people the ability to govern themselves, then we spit in the face of all the mothers, fathers, and families that had loved ones die there. Not to say that we do the same to those who are struggling mentally and physically back here to recover from war injuries. There is no way I can do that and sleep at night.

Financially, I don't care if I am better off with one candidate or another. What is best for our country? Abortion? Can you hold a little baby and believe it is ok to kill another one just because we have become a society that doesn't take responsibilities for our own actions. Do you really believe that it is ok to say "I can live how I want because I can either get an abortion, and I can choose to keep the child and the government will pay me money?" Bear_Den, I'm not perfect. I have made mistakes in my life, but there comes a time when you have to stand for what is right, regardless of the choices you have made in your life.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

wow. what a post. i just read this to my husband and i couldn't read it without a big lump in my throat and my voice cracking. golfingnut, your son is in my prayers. you have given the main reason why democrats should never be in power considering how they handicap our military in a war zone. for the first time in my life, i am truly afraid for my country.

BD epitomizes the 21st century liberal; beliefs based on assumptions, half-truths, and ignorance. My fear is that there are many, many out there like him who are registered to vote.

On a separate note,

I wonder what the average educational completion level for liberals is. My guess is 5th grade. Am I giving too much credit?? :unsure:

Golfingnut... please express my deepest appreciation to your son for his dedicated service to our country. I pray that the things he had to do while fighting for us haven't caused him any irreparable harm.

Thank you, I will do that.

wow. what a post. i just read this to my husband and i couldn't read it without a big lump in my throat and my voice cracking. golfingnut, your son is in my prayers. you have given the main reason why democrats should never be in power considering how they handicap our military in a war zone. for the first time in my life, i am truly afraid for my country.

[/quo

Thanks jayde........my son is fine physically......I will never know mentally how he is, and he is just one of thousands of kids that will have to deal with the consequences of war.

Our society as a whole has no understanding of what little johnny goes through. We send our children off to war, so proud of them for enlisting, and then when they re-enlist, we tell them great job. Then we pray (maybe for the first time) that God will keep our boys safe. Then we go to work and live our lives because if it isn't OUR son, well, we don't lose too much sleep at night.

Then when it is our son we check things out a little more. We find out that johnny re-enlisted because he was told he would be deserting his squad if he didn't, and how could he live with the fact his unit would be dying in Iraq while he was safe at home. You realize real quick when you get a letter from your child and they need money to buy things the military should be furnishing them....things that would save their lives....things that they don't have because the democrats cut their funding. I always thought that when we sent our children into war zones, they were given the best protection we as a country have. I only wish that were true. We can print money to bail out our financial situation, but we can't buy little johnny the best bullet proof vest because we don't have the money.

Don't think I don't know that our economic situation is in trouble, and drastic measures have to be taken, but sometimes it seems our priorities as a nation are way off.

My son is fine. He is safe at his home. If God is willing, at 30 years of age, he stills has a long life ahead of him. What's sad is that he doesn't believe people truly understand the cost. He has different political views than I do, but I believe he has earned the right to believe whatever he wants. He is my hero and he teaches me something about life everyday.

This election isn't about what's on the surface. There are people voting for or voting against another because of the color of their skin. Their are people voting or not voting for the gender of a candidate. Folks, that's sad. This is the most important election we will face, and we better not be voting for a candidate just because they are white or black, male or female. Get real people. We better face the issues.

Obama is dangerous.....if you had any doubt, wait til he opens his mouth. Folks, the best way to know how a candidate will handle a situation is their past. When has Obama ever voted for anything. Let's see, he voted present. Not yes, not no, but present. Who is he getting advice from? Ayers....Wright.......that's enough to scare anyone. For one I don't want that kind of person running my country.

I'm not smart when it comes to politics, or economics, or foreign policy.......but what this candidate stands for is not acceptable.

Am I the only one that is getting really peed off right now because the majority of our government, including our President, has no problem bailing out corrupt businesses with 700 Billion dollars, but the same government, mainly the democrats, gripes about the cost of the war in Iraq? They have spent close to same amount of money on failing banks in two weeks what they have spent on the war in seven years.

Am I the only one that is getting really peed off right now because the majority of our government, including our President, has no problem bailing out corrupt businesses with 700 Billion dollars, but the same government, mainly the democrats, gripes about the cost of the war in Iraq? They have spent close to same amount of money on failing banks in two weeks what they have spent on the war in seven years.

Nope, you aren't the only one!