Whitehouse 23 Celina 22 (FINAL)!

Nacwagons

Hard to lose a close game like this, but I think we represented ourselves well. I see a team inexperienced in many positions improving weekly. Last week was a big improvement over the Dfield game and this week was a big improvement over last weeks game. Still have work to do, but I like our chances to go deep in the playoffs again. However, as Dfield showed us 2 weeks ago, any given team on any given week..................

By the way, kudos to WH's coach for being smart enough not to allow us to bring our horn. Everyone knows that's worth at least 2 TD's a game. That decision probably won the game for them. :getlost:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was dissappointed more Celina fans didn't show up to the game but the ones there sure were loud. That is an extremely disciplened team. Whitehouse wins by one point and Celina's best running back was out. Celina put on a tackling demonstration that I hope the WH coaches took note of.

I have nothing but respect for the Celina team. Good luck.

That is my point. Celina might do that against lesser comp, but it was ridiculous to go for it twice on their own side of the field on 4th down. How many coaches would make that call?

Football Crazy

I really dont think it was a matter of being arrogant, I think that Celina felt that if they did not try for the hard yards like that, that the game might get out of hand. I hate to say this, but Celina did not really play that good a game.

So many dropped passes, so many over thrown balls from Attaway. I know people hate the "what if's" but Whitehouse should have had 2 or 3 TD's on the board. There players just cant seem to get on the same page.

To go back to a previous post. Someone said that it was stupid of WH to keep running the ball on a 10-1 Defense. Can someone please get the rushing stats for WH. Rushing is what got them down the field on that game winning drive. I love that they could run a little on that 10-1 D.

With that being said. All the talk about how we were supposed to beat a 3A team..........I dont care how big a power house they are in 3A, WH is not going to fare well in their district if they keep playing like this. Did they improve? Yes of course............but I dont think they are on the Kilgore, Nac, and Lindale level right now. I think they will hand it to Jacksonville and Henderson, but some things have got to get better. We rely to much on #8 and #17. They doubled #17 and I dont think he had much of a game.

Rant over..............

I got to be honest... if that was our staff I would say something. It was pretty much as silly as you can get. This isnt playstation and you are dishonoring the hard work your players put in to do something so crazy just out of ego.

Football Crazy

I disagree with you. I think Celina was trying to show that they were not going to back down from Whitehouse. They also have confindence in their kids to make those plays. You should be complaining about the terrible play calling on Whitehouse's side of the ball. If Whitehouse finishes third in their district I will be suprised.

Celina I take my hats off to you. Your kids are disciplined and play as a unit. You come on the field unified and you left the field the same way. You were in prayer during injury timeouts and after the game. That says alot about your coaching staff. I love to see Kids with respect for the game. Whitehouse should take notes on how a team should act and perform. With the athletes that Whitehouse has that game should not have been close.

Whitehouse lacks discipline and that is a reflection of the coaching staff. Kids throwing helmets on the sidelines. Kids walking off the field during football games. I don't see any leadership or heart on Whitehouse's teams. If that doesn't change they will be nothing more than a 1st round playoff team. They will never beat Longview or Texas High with the attitudes they have now.

Just my opinion!!

I was dissappointed more Celina fans didn't show up to the game but the ones there sure were loud. That is an extremely disciplened team. Whitehouse wins by one point and Celina's best running back was out. Celina put on a tackling demonstration that I hope the WH coaches took note of.

Man.........your not kidding. Those boys can hit. Those boys were so disciplined. I noticed in their huddle, that all the boys stood with their hands behind their backs and waited for the play. The fans for Celina were amazing. They were chanting with the cheerleaders, and were their for every play.

Good Job Celina. You can hang with the best.

Very impressed with Celina and their fans, just as I was in during the 06,07 year when Ryan Epperson and the Brownsboro Bears played them deep in the playoffs at Texas Stadium. My personal opinion is that this Celina team as it stands right now is not quite up to the same level as some of the years past..(dang sure doesn't mean they wont be there by playoff time). I am very pleased with the win although I don't think that Whitehouse is going to be anything more than a first round and out kind of team. I am from Whitehouse, love Whitehouse and root for them hard in football and basketball even though I now live in Brownsboro (since the Hammer Epperson has graduated I'm back to being at all WH games), but I just don't feel that this team is going to be more than 1st round and go home. Something to me just isn't in sync on offense at all and I have A LOT of questions on some offensive play calling but whatever I guess you always will.

I hope I am proven wrong come playoff time!

Very impressed with Celina and their fans, just as I was in during the 06,07 year when Ryan Epperson and the Brownsboro Bears played them deep in the playoffs at Texas Stadium. My personal opinion is that this Celina team as it stands right now is not quite up to the same level as some of the years past..(dang sure doesn't mean they wont be there by playoff time). I am very pleased with the win although I don't think that Whitehouse is going to be anything more than a first round and out kind of team. I am from Whitehouse, love Whitehouse and root for them hard in football and basketball even though I now live in Brownsboro (since the Hammer Epperson has graduated I'm back to being at all WH games), but I just don't feel that this team is going to be more than 1st round and go home. Something to me just isn't in sync on offense at all on offense and I have A LOT of questions on some offensive play calling but whatever I guess you always will.

I hope I am proven wrong come playoff time!

It does appear that Whitehouse is struggling on offense. However, starting RB and 3 O-line starters missed the Celina game. Hopefully with a bye week, they will have most of them back for Jacksonville. Attaway passed Colt McCoy for career completions during the Celina game, I'm not giving up on him yet. I have high hopes that he (and the entire offense) will be ready for district play.

Celina is a very good 3A team. They are very well disciplined team. I'll give you those things. However, on the homefront....... our predistrict schedule has been grueling. The only thing it has done is made us better and more prepared for district. We do not have the same personnel that we have had in the past, but in my opinion, we should be fine in district and I expect to make the playoffs. It makes me wonder if you are just a parent of a kid who isn't good enough to play, when you come on here saying such negative things about our coaching staff. Is there room for improvement? Of course.!! I think I coaches find things weekly that they work to improve. This is the SAME staff that has taken the WH program and turned it around. It is absurd to come on a site and bad mouth these men. What are you hoping to accomplish??? Certainly not team discipline and unity. You don't do that by undermining a coaching staff and if you will come on a public web site to do it....imagine what Jr is hearing at home. To me the choice is easy...you support them or find a new sport or town.

Hope you're not directing your comments at me headn4, I totally support the coaches. While I agree coach bashing is uncalled for, part of coaching (kinda like refereeing) is having fans question calls. Doesn't mean you're wrong though. The overall sucess of the progam proves that.

Headn4home,

I have no idea if those comments were directed towards me or not. If they weren't then disregard this post, if they were then lets go over a couple of things.

First of all, I am not the parent of a kid who isn't good enough to play. I'm not even a parent, but if I was I would have had to have a kid in my mid teens for him to be old enough to play at this point. As far as I know no one has ever alerted me to the fact that this might have occurred.

Second of all, I definitely don't need you instructing me on the art of being a fan. I'm as big of a Whitehouse, Mavericks, Cowboys homer as you can be, but just because I support the maroon and white doesn't mean that I blindly just sit back with my Wildcats sunglasses on. I look at things for what they are, not for what I want them to be. Now do I WANT Whitehouse to make another deep playoff run like they did two years ago..OF COURSE I do. I just don't think they are good enough to. If that makes me a BAD fan in your eyes then so be it. They are very young and inexperienced at many positions..although talented. (This is exactly what happened to Ryan E at Brownsboro, his junior year they had a very good team but his senior year except for him they were very young and talented but not near as good overall.) That isn't bashing that is fact.

I totally support this team and their coaching staff, it has been a miraculous turn of events over the course of the last five years or so as far as Whitehouse football is concerned. I went to Whitehouse, played sports at Whitehouse (hah till I tore the acl in my left knee the first time between my freshman and soph years.) I have sat through 0 -10 seasons to making the playoffs in 97, to things going down hill again after that all the way back to the rise of the McFarland era. Eventho I am an avid Coach Dawkins supporter I will be there to root on Coach Tomlin and his kids come basketball season.

I am not singling out any ONE poster because there are several different posters' comments that I am referring to. If you aren't sure whether or not you are being referred to or not....then it might be an indication that I stepped on your toes! When you come on here and question things like the offensive play calling and other decisions that are made by the COACHING staff then I do think it undermines what the coaches are trying to accomplish. The offensive play caller is the SAME offensive play caller that has been calling the offensive plays that has turned around WH football, only the personnel has changed. I am a realistic supporter of ALL athletics in WH and I fully realize that this year will be a different year, but I still say that our predistrict schedule will have us ready for DISTRICT, post district maybe a different story, but I'm not one to throw in the towel and just give up! WH doesn't need negativity at this point.

hmmm..interesting, so maybe the fact that I mentioned offensive play calling stepped on your toes!!!

anyways I said what I wanted to say. I don't think there was any bashing in my post, none whatsoever.

I'm over you h4h..have a wonderful day!

thet game brought a tear to my eye...tear tear. Looked like the team of last year bringin in number 2 at RB just to do wut he do. the d-line looked the best they looked all season. whitehouse will be a force when district starts and now i am a true believer. LET DEM BOYS KNOW

Celina is a very good 3A team. They are very well disciplined team. I'll give you those things. However, on the homefront....... our predistrict schedule has been grueling. The only thing it has done is made us better and more prepared for district. We do not have the same personnel that we have had in the past, but in my opinion, we should be fine in district and I expect to make the playoffs. It makes me wonder if you are just a parent of a kid who isn't good enough to play, when you come on here saying such negative things about our coaching staff. Is there room for improvement? Of course.!! I think I coaches find things weekly that they work to improve. This is the SAME staff that has taken the WH program and turned it around. It is absurd to come on a site and bad mouth these men. What are you hoping to accomplish??? Certainly not team discipline and unity. You don't do that by undermining a coaching staff and if you will come on a public web site to do it....imagine what Jr is hearing at home. To me the choice is easy...you support them or find a new sport or town.

Ok preacher man!!!

Ok preacher man!!!

Are you sure you're a Whitehouse fan? I don't think you've said anything positive in any post. I guess you have your own agenda! If the wildcats can get one more win then they'll surpass your prediction of 3-7. Haha

Summary of all your posts:

"Outcoached, They don't practice hard, No hitting in practice, They'll go 3-7, Buddy Ray taught the 06 and 07 teams how to tackle, bad play calling, no leadership, no discipline, they are nothing more than a 1st round playoff team."

Wow! I'm glad we have you supporting our kids!!!!!

Are you sure you're a Whitehouse fan? I don't think you've said anything positive in any post. I guess you have your own agenda! If the wildcats can get one more win then they'll surpass your prediction of 3-7. Haha

Summary of all your posts:

"Outcoached, They don't practice hard, No hitting in practice, They'll go 3-7, Buddy Ray taught the 06 and 07 teams how to tackle, bad play calling, no leadership, no discipline, they are nothing more than a 1st round playoff team."

Wow! I'm glad we have you supporting our kids!!!!!

Well for your information they are 4-1 because of the forfeit by GN. I could have saved alot of typing if I would have just used your summary. dang

you come on here saying such negative things about our coaching staff. Is there room for improvement? Of course.!! I think I coaches find things weekly that they work to improve. This is the SAME staff that has taken the WH program and turned it around. It is absurd to come on a site and bad mouth these men. What are you hoping to accomplish???

I think the confusion here can all be summed up this way:

Is he "bad mouthing" the coaches? No. He is questioning why they did certain things on offense that seemed at times not to work and yet they kept going back to it. For example, the base run play where Attaway holds the ball in the RB's gut and then lets him have it (also it is run wide and that is called a stretch). When certain players ran that play early in the game, it had mixed results at best. Usually, it went for a minimal gain and that frustrated some fans (I was one). Then, Dajuan Shelton #2 is inserted in at RB and he is ripping off yards left and right. Almost broke twice on the go ahead drive.

What were the coaches doing? They saw an opportunity, but the execution was not there early on. Then, when the right player is in the game, it looks like a genius call. Was it bad coaching when it did not work so well earlier? No. Was it working earlier? No. Should they have gone away from it and just thrown downfield every play? I dont think so because the running game is like a body blow in a heavyweight fight... it takes time but eventually it is successful and wears the other team down. After all, our winning TD was on a run off tackle (not a screen pass). The other thing it does is keep OUR defense off the field and fresh.

I dont think he was "bad mouthing" the coaches. I just dont think he understands the method to the madness.

Football Crazy

i was one of the disappointed celina fans that was unable to make the trip, but thank you and many of the other whouse fans who hosted the game. as excited as we were about scheduling teams like whitehouse, that kind of trip twice in a season (the other was the lytle game in temple for us) is hard on the pocketbook. I commend all the fans on both sides who can muster the time, effort and gas bill to make these trips...and for jv games too!

as to the game, from listening on the internet, it sounds like i missed one of the all time great games (which kills me) but the bobcats and their fans love these games (and e. tx. teams), win or lose. we'd rather win, but when you get to play teams that push you and never give up, ya gotta love it.

congratulations to whitehouse.

I had no problem with the 4th down calls themselves just the ball carrier. Our QB is not that big and we had the team monster lined up behind him. I think #45 would have faired better but what do I know. The first failed conversion ultimately ended in a goal line stand and the second in a 4th down TD. I heard a coach say before the attempt that they could not let WH get the ball back before half. I think that it was around a minute left in the half at that point.

I will still take our team and our coaches anyday and we will be fine in 3A division 2. Exciting game none the less!

my thought on the 4th down calls, whatever the reasons right or wrong to do it, was that it put way too much pressure on the celina defense in one half...to give the ball to a great 4a offense on our end of the field 3 times (one interception included) in a short amount of time. the bobcat defense has made great stops many times, but (as one poster put it) once showed confidence, but twice was "tin-cup like". and i agree gator, that the ball carrier could have made a difference, but the biggest thing about the calls were that they seemed outside the box for the celina coaches...or any coach.