Carthage vs. Jacksonville Indians

dstan7695

Was it ever a game, or did Carthage just blow em out, and give up a few trash points late?

Well the first offensive drive for Carthage was 3 plays for 90 yards and a touchdown, one of those plays being and incomplete pass, the other 2 runs. It was never a game. I left at halftime. Carthage won't go far this year though the way they are playing. Penalties left and right and quarterback throws to covered guys a lot when he has other recievers wide open for would-be touchdowns. Plus he sails the ball a lot, which if he hasn't figured out how to fix that by now, I doubt he will.

Well the first offensive drive for Carthage was 3 plays for 90 yards and a touchdown, one of those plays being and incomplete pass, the other 2 runs. It was never a game. I left at halftime. Carthage won't go far this year though the way they are playing. Penalties left and right and quarterback throws to covered guys a lot when he has other recievers wide open for would-be touchdowns. Plus he sails the ball a lot, which if he hasn't figured out how to fix that by now, I doubt he will.

He will get it figured out. Last year he had it figured out and this team will only get better as the year goes on. I believe that they will go far this year. Once the passing and running game starts to click on all cyclinders, lookout! That day is coming.

One minute you are on the Bulldog band wagon and the next you are critizing how they play. You are just a bleacher coach, bacause you never touched the field and played a down that counted for Carthage when you played football. I suggest you take the Carthage logo off your user name and support the Center Roughriders because you have as much sense as they do.

The best thing about Carthage's performance Friday night was the defense being able to step up and stop the run. The offense will continue to come around, and a strong running game is going to help you later on in the year. When your RB has 11 carries for 241 yards in the first half, that's pretty good. Again, to me, the bright spot Friday night was Carthage stopping Jacksonville's running game.

One minute you are on the Bulldog band wagon and the next you are critizing how they play. You are just a bleacher coach, bacause you never touched the field and played a down that counted for Carthage when you played football. I suggest you take the Carthage logo off your user name and support the Center Roughriders because you have as much sense as they do.

LOL! A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black!

Have you lost your mind? "Won't go far the way they are playing," that's crazy talk. You obviously haven't been paying too close attention to the Bulldogs and don't understand what a good high school quarterback looks like. The Dawgs could've beaten Kilgore and should've hung about 35 more points on Nacogdoches than they did. They could've scored 70 or more against Jacksonville if they'd only wanted to. They "called the Dawgs off" mid-way through the 3rd quarter and played back ups almost all of the 4th quarter. Last week was just a fluke with the sloppy play. You're just focusing on one bad game and Blackshire is one of the best quarterbacks in East Texas with a canon and good accuracy. Carthage's running game is very near unstoppable so your analysis in saying they won't go far I think is way off track.

I saw Blackshire throw to the wrong receiver deep down the sideline one time when he should've hit the receiver up the seam for a first down instead, just once. I don't remember Si sailing any passes this past Friday night and I stayed for the whole game.

Have you lost your mind? "Won't go far the way they are playing," that's crazy talk. You obviously haven't been paying too close attention to the Bulldogs and don't understand what a good high school quarterback looks like. The Dawgs could've beaten Kilgore and should've hung about 35 more points on Nacogdoches than they did. They could've scored 70 or more against Jacksonville if they'd only wanted to. They "called the Dawgs off" mid-way through the 3rd quarter and played back ups almost all of the 4th quarter. Last week was just a fluke with the sloppy play. You're just focusing on one bad game and Blackshire is one of the best quarterbacks in East Texas with a canon and good accuracy. Carthage's running game is very near unstoppable so your analysis in saying they won't go far I think is way off track.

I saw Blackshire throw to the wrong receiver deep down the sideline one time when he should've hit the receiver up the seam for a first down instead, just once. I don't remember Si sailing any passes this past Friday night and I stayed for the whole game.

"Should have hung 35 more points on Nac"..."Run game very near unstoppable..." do you not remember that Carthage lost to NAC... GET OVER IT PLEASE!!!!!

"Should have hung 35 more points on Nac"..."Run game very near unstoppable..." do you not remember that Carthage lost to NAC... GET OVER IT PLEASE!!!!!

Why are you worried about it? He was just making an opinion. Hope Naac does good in district, since they are facing all these 3A teams. It will be tougher when districts starts.

Chikinhawk were exactly are you from? You sure have alot of hate for Center. And I don't think you have to touch the football field at Carthage to be able to call yourself a Bulldog, last time I checked the baseball team is pretty awesome and I don't think alot of them are 2 sport athletes.

I think he just expects a little more and there is nothing wrong with that. Championship teams are never satisfied, and Championship players always find a way to better their game.

Well they should have. Now, I've been past that or over it. I was just making a point Carthage didn't play well against Nac and had ample opportunity to win that game, but Nac won and did good to win.

No hard feelings here, it was a good job by the Dragons.

The run game for Carthage against Jacksonville was very near unstoppable. I mean our running back who fumbled twice against Nac, once inside the 10 and the other returned 50 something yards to the CHS 19, had 241 yards and 4 TD's on 11 carries before half time.

I think that qualifies as "near unstoppable" and I was being humble.

Why are you worried about it? He was just making an opinion. Hope Naac does good in district, since they are facing all these 3A teams. It will be tougher when districts starts.

Worried about it???? :hmm: No Im not, its just a High School Football game to me!!! I was just simply commenting on his post, that’s why they are written for us to comment on…Why are you so worried about it ??? I think I was replaying to the post of catluv not yours…. I always give credit when its due..that RB was a beast, he just had an off night that night..if everything I read on him was true..im sure he will make up for it in the playoffs. Anyway :cat: catluv, wish you guys the best for the rest of the season

Worried about it???? :hmm: No Im not, its just a High School Football game to me!!! I was just simply commenting on his post, that’s why they are written for us to comment on…Why are you so worried about it ??? I think I was replaying to the post of catluv not yours…. I always give credit when its due..that RB was a beast, he just had an off night that night..if everything I read on him was true..im sure he will make up for it in the playoffs. Anyway :cat: catluv, wish you guys the best for the rest of the season

Thanks kfree, I hope you saw my post replying to you up the thread line. Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way. They should have plenty of confidence going into district play.

Hey Chikinhawk, thanks for coming to my defense. How about Dwight Smith rushing for 241 yards and 4 td's in the first half Friday night huh?!?!?!?!!!!

Chikinhawk were exactly are you from? You sure have alot of hate for Center. And I don't think you have to touch the football field at Carthage to be able to call yourself a Bulldog, last time I checked the baseball team is pretty awesome and I don't think alot of them are 2 sport athletes.

I think he just expects a little more and there is nothing wrong with that. Championship teams are never satisfied, and Championship players always find a way to better their game.

One minute he thinks Carthage is the best they have ever had, then he say's that they are not going to go far. Weren't you the one that hated Carthage in an earlier post, could be wrong? What does baseball have to do with the football team?

Worried about it???? :hmm: No Im not, its just a High School Football game to me!!! I was just simply commenting on his post, that's why they are written for us to comment on…Why are you so worried about it ??? I think I was replaying to the post of catluv not yours…. I always give credit when its due..that RB was a beast, he just had an off night that night..if everything I read on him was true..im sure he will make up for it in the playoffs. Anyway :cat: catluv, wish you guys the best for the rest of the season

If it is just a high school football game, why are you worried about a game last week?

Thanks kfree, I hope you saw my post replying to you up the thread line. Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way. They should have plenty of confidence going into district play.

Hey Chikinhawk, thanks for coming to my defense. How about Dwight Smith rushing for 241 yards and 4 td's in the first half Friday night huh?!?!?!?!!!!

He had a pretty good game, since he just played the first half and one series in the 3rd quarter.