Boomer Sooner!

OBTS

I didn't want this to happen quite so early. I was hoping OU could float along in the top 5 and then emerge late in the season when others started to fall away.

Now, there's a great big bull's eye on their chest. Every team they play is going to have that extra motivation to knock them off their #1 pedestal.

What idiot voted UT first?

Dude, UT is for reals. There are few teams that are playing better ball than they are right now.

Sure, Arkansas is on an off-year, but UT dominated them like they were a D-II squad. 52-10 is a helluva score to beat an SEC squad by.

I don't know that I'd rank them #1, but I'd put them in the same category as 'Bama and LSU at this point. Top 3, at least.

I've been telling y'all for months and months the Longhorns are NOT on an off year and this past weekend it seems they found the running back I thought they'd settle on as well, Cody Johnson. I'll stop patting myself on the back now...

Johnson is a tank/bulldozer/bull/horse/monster/battering ram/beast/plow pony with a little bit better speed than you'd think to see out of a guy his size.

What I think is funny is how nationally a lot of people on message boards have said it's pitiful UT's leading rusher is their quarterback, but plain and simple Colt McCoy is a great athlete. He's just a football player who wants to win, and I think he'll do whatever it takes to win.

I think it's great McCoy is the leading rusher, because no one had really stepped up at the running back position so Colt was/is making sure the running game is still there no matter if he has to do it himself.

I think Johnson will be able to take some of Colt's carries away from him, but Colt is a big part of the rushing offense for UT, and if you try to limit him too much it's going to hurt the explosiveness of the offense as a whole.

The defense is getting stronger every game and the pass rush is really excelling. That helps the secondary a lot and if the front four continue to get pressure on their own as they have been lately the defense will continue to gain confidence and swagger. I think UT is well deserving of their current ranking and will continue to improve across the board through next week at CU feeling good going into the Red River Shootout (I'm not changing the name of it just to be politically correct). Red River Rivalry just doesn't sound as good or fun.

If I was a Texas fan I'd be a little worried about going to CU the week before the OU game, playing in Boulder is not fun, and they have a great coach, and a good FR. RB stable who will only get better.

FSU just put 39 points on them, and FSU hasn't been able to score a touchdown in many ball games the last couple of years. I feel UT should be okay at CU, but I sure don't want UT to look past them. Colorado does have a good group of running backs.

average teams are different at home than on the road, I'm not predicting the loss or anything, I'm just saying don't look too far ahead to OU

I think this weeks upsets showed us all that, but regardless of road or home games, this year in the Big XII, in my opinion, anything is possible.......