Texas vs. OU

frogman

After watching TCU stop the OU running game I believe Texas has a good chance against OU . I know the Texas secondary can cover better than TCU did and Texas has the athletes to play with OU. TCU would have been in the game in the 4th. quarter if the secondary could cover Johnson just a little. TCU proved you can get to Bradford on blitzes but you better have someone to cover a little. Four turnovers and 12 penalities and still with a little secondary help could have stayed close.

Before the game I felt OU had a better running game but it can be stopped just like the cowboys were Sunday. So Texas you have a good shot this year.

Oh it's so funny how people are finally seeing the light about the Texas Longhorns. Sorry guys, I must explain a little. My old screen name was rm1999 so that may help some of you remember me as that adamant UT fan saying UT was not in an off year and don't have off years anymore.

If Cody Johnson continues to become more of a factor on game day and the defense gets another confidence building performance against Colorado, UT will beat Oklahoma. OU's defense can't stop McCoy, and UT has probably got a lot of plays up their sleeves as they've been very vanilla against these lesser teams thus far.

And I saw in another thread about how TCU stopped OU's running game with scheme not athleticism. Well, Muschamp will have a better scheme and better athletes to work with than TCU did and OU only managed 30 rushing yards at home.

I think OU is going to come into the Cotton Bowl full of themselves since they'll be #1 and have all the media love leading up to the game. We'll see if I'm right, but first things first.

COLORADO

After watching TCU stop the OU running game I believe Texas has a good chance against OU . I know the Texas secondary can cover better than TCU did and Texas has the athletes to play with OU. TCU would have been in the game in the 4th. quarter if the secondary could cover Johnson just a little. TCU proved you can get to Bradford on blitzes but you better have someone to cover a little. Four turnovers and 12 penalities and still with a little secondary help could have stayed close.

Before the game I felt OU had a better running game but it can be stopped just like the cowboys were Sunday. So Texas you have a good shot this year.

Sure you can stop the run when you have 8 men in the box! Remind me, how many yards did Bradford have in the 1st quarter? How many would he have had in the 1st quarter if not for the BS holding call that Gresham took to the house? You want to talk about vanilla, do you honestly think OU has shown all of their cards? For the last quarter and a half of that game OU decided to pound the ball and run the clock.

Run the clock with your backups too. I flipped back over to the OU game the other night and Bradford was still in the game with 3 minutes and change left in the game. What's up with that?

I know OU hasn't shown all of their cards either. I bet both teams will have surprises for the other.

Sure you can stop the run when you have 8 men in the box! Remind me, how many yards did Bradford have in the 1st quarter? How many would he have had in the 1st quarter if not for the BS holding call that Gresham took to the house? You want to talk about vanilla, do you honestly think OU has shown all of their cards? For the last quarter and a half of that game OU decided to pound the ball and run the clock.

Not counting Bradford's negative rushing yards from the sacks, but the stats look like OU "pounded the ball".

Brown had 13 carries for 27 yds (2.1 avg)

Murray had 13 carries for 23 yds (1.8 avg)

Madu had 4 carries for 11 yds (2.8 avg)

That's what I call pounding the ball down TCUs throats.

Go to the drive charts on ESPN and see for yourself what "pounding" the ball is.

Not counting Bradford's negative rushing yards from the sacks, but the stats look like OU "pounded the ball".

Brown had 13 carries for 27 yds (2.1 avg)

Murray had 13 carries for 23 yds (1.8 avg)

Madu had 4 carries for 11 yds (2.8 avg)

That's what I call pounding the ball down TCUs throats.

I guess they could have continued to throw the ball and run up the score.

I guess they would've run up the score if TCU's secondary kept on falling down leaving them wide open with no defender to tackle them or knock away the ball.

When you sell out to stop the run ie 8 men in the box, that leaves 3 dbs to cover 4 receivers. If the OU/TX game were played today, I believe OU would be favored by 13-15 points.

I don't care what the media or analysts think or would have OU favored by. Yes, the Sooners will be favored to beat Texas almost no matter what happens this coming Saturday short of OU losing.

I just think UT has been sold short all year long by everyone within the media, but hey that's okay. Just keep winning and they can ignore you for only so long.

When you sell out to stop the run ie 8 men in the box, that leaves 3 dbs to cover 4 receivers. If the OU/TX game were played today, I believe OU would be favored by 13-15 points.

Eh, I don't know about that. I know OU will be favored, but I think it'll more like 3 points. Texas has scored 42+ in it's first four games, with 3 games scoring 52. No team has scored more than one TD against the Defense, and they shut down Arkansas. I know Texas hasn't played 'great' teams, but that's impressive. Rice was able to score 56 on SMU, 42 on Memphis and 77 on UNT and UTEP put up 58 on UCF.

I just don't think that the line for the TX/OU game won't be over 10 points with what Texas has been able to do so far.

I don't care what the media or analysts think or would have OU favored by. Yes, the Sooners will be favored to beat Texas almost no matter what happens this coming Saturday short of OU losing.

I just think UT has been sold short all year long by everyone within the media, but hey that's okay. Just keep winning and they can ignore you for only so long.

Sold short? Top five in the nation is being sold short? OU wins big. the Whorns have some good athletes but OU has a head coach!

Sold short? Top five in the nation is being sold short? OU wins big. the Whorns have some good athletes but OU has a head coach!

He's alluding to the pre-season talk of this being an "off-year" for UT, as well as the fact that most of the media seems to think of OU facing MU in the CCG as a foregone conclusion. I think he also feels that UT is being sold short while OU is being overhyped.

Not necessarily untrue, but I envy UT being underestimated, I wish people weren't quite so high on OU yet. There's still a lot of season to go.

Guest CNOrtega

Did it ever cross your mind that Oklahoma just wasn't all that interested in TCU? They have a habit of not getting up for games, we all know this. They took one of the best defenses in the country and put 35 points on them. While I don't predict a blowout (it would be nice, though), I do think the Sooners can handle anything Texas can throw at them and return fire.

Oklahoma: 38

Texas: 28

Earlier there were several opinions that mentioned neither Texas or OU has shown everyone out there what aces they might have up their sleeve......I have a feeling that the Shootout this year will be full of trick plays and "wrinkles" in both teams' strategies offensively and defensively......in fact, if I do recall hearing correctly, Stoops had all of Norman wondering what the heck was going on when they closed practices to the public this year, as well as even scrimmages......If I am wrong someone correct me please, but I heard this and thought surely they must be working on something big if Stoops had the gall to close their practices to the public which for Stoops is an unorthodox approach.....traditionally haven't all of the Sooner practices and scrimmages been open to the public in years past??????

Earlier there were several opinions that mentioned neither Texas or OU has shown everyone out there what aces they might have up their sleeve......I have a feeling that the Shootout this year will be full of trick plays and "wrinkles" in both teams' strategies offensively and defensively......in fact, if I do recall hearing correctly, Stoops had all of Norman wondering what the heck was going on when they closed practices to the public this year, as well as even scrimmages......If I am wrong someone correct me please, but I heard this and thought surely they must be working on something big if Stoops had the gall to close their practices to the public which for Stoops is an unorthodox approach.....traditionally haven't all of the Sooner practices and scrimmages been open to the public in years past??????

Stoops did that because everyone is trying to spy on their practices. :rolleyes:

If Cody Johnson continues to become more of a factor on game day and the defense gets another confidence building performance against Colorado, UT will beat Oklahoma. OU's defense can't stop McCoy, and UT has probably got a lot of plays up their sleeves as they've been very vanilla against these lesser teams thus far.

Well, that's it Sooner fans. OU's defense can't stop McCoy so the game might as well not even be played. I mean McCoy has already bulldozed over the likes of FAU, UTEP, Rice and SEC powerhouse Arkansas. Everyone knows OU's defense is in the same category as the four teams previously mentioned so just give the Longhorns the win. Also, I'm sure UT is going to be the only team in the Cotton Bowl that weekend that has tricks up their sleeve.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Only time will tell and it's still two weeks away.