Wild Hog Traps

Guest DoggyD

Guest DoggyD

Anyone know where I could purchase a wild hog trap reasonably priced? I don't have a truck, but an Isuzu Trooper...do they make them that small that I could move it in that vehicle?

Anyone know where I could purchase a wild hog trap reasonably priced? I don't have a truck, but an Isuzu Trooper...do they make them that small that I could move it in that vehicle?

For what you are able to transport in your vehichle it would not be worth your time, effort, or trouble. Hogs are gettng very wise to the smaller traps and you would be better off if you were to build a larger pen to catch them in. I have my own ways of building traps but there are a few web sites that have plans that you can follow. If I get a chance I will post them over here for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Gaterboys Air-Lite Aluminum Hog Traps are just what you need!Light weight portable easy to move around and dis-assembles to lay flat!They will easily fit in a Trooper or the trunk of a car!Log on to www.gaterboy.com for more info.

Gaterboys Air-Lite Aluminum Hog Traps are just what you need!Light weight portable easy to move around and dis-assembles to lay flat!They will easily fit in a Trooper or the trunk of a car!Log on to www.gaterboy.com for more info.

Also, just plain ole cattle panels and t-posts works really well. You could put them over the hood top and down the back and strap them on.

http://feralhogs.tamu.edu/trap.cfm

This plan incorporates the hearty shaped design. As far as the gate goes, you can try which ever one you want. I personally like the slide gate or guillitine gate. I just built a new pen with the sallon doors like the ones that they used. have not set it yet to tell how well it will work. The hogs around where we are will not even attempt to go in the smaller traps anymore. All that we can catch them in are the bigger pens. I think they have had too many close calls in the smaller traps to where they were nearly caught or had to break out of. The smaller traps turned into over sized coon traps for us. The above link will give you a good idea anyway. We do not make all of our traps heart shaped. We have had foo luck in round shaped pens also. We just make them no less than 24 feet across in diameter! Good luck with the pig catching.