Kimbo ### happened

Guest CNOrtega

Exposed like Pee Wee. Kimbo can now go away. Elite XC will be bankrupt within a year, the way they put so much into hyping Kimbo Slice, main eventing two cards. Only way they stave that off is by merging with Affliction, who will in turn go bankrupt when their meal ticket, Fedor, signs with the UFC so he can fight Couture.

I think Shamrock never intended to fight. He allowed XC to use his name for the Main Event. And put his sparring partner in "last minute" due to injury...or whatever.

you're right, Kimbo and Lesnar are gimmicks for selling tickets and PPV.

Guest CNOrtega

There's speculation that Elite paid Petruzelli to only do stand-up with Kimbo, to not attempt a takedown or submission. Worked out, though.

Guest CNOrtega

He even has his own signature line of shirts with TapouT. Guess those will be going to unclothed kids in Africa real soon, along with losing Super Bowl shirts.

There's speculation that Elite paid Petruzelli to only do stand-up with Kimbo, to not attempt a takedown or submission. Worked out, though.

An excerpt from this ARTICLE...

Seth Petruzelli, after going from nobody to national celebrity for punching out Kimbo Slice, went on the radio Monday. He delivered a shot potentially more powerful than anything he threw Saturday.

He said his original plan against Kimbo was to get him to the ground and exploit his weak wrestling skills and submission defense. It made more sense than trading punches with a street brawler who outweighed him by 30 pounds. Petruzelli said he changed his mind though.

“The promoters kind of hinted to me, and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him,” he told “The Monsters in Orlando” radio show. “They didn’t want me to take him down, let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him.”

Kinda explains the look on his face, huh?

campbell2.jpg

What was amazing was that he took Kimbo down with a routine right jab...as well timed and placed as it may have been, it was still a jab.

Only 2 or three of the punches after the knockdown even landed and only one of those being solid. They had nothing to do with the KO. He was out with the contact of that jab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qekdLpSXOfc...feature=related

What was amazing was that he took Kimbo down with a routine right jab...as well timed and placed as it may have been, it was still a jab.

Only 2 or three of the punches after the knockdown even landed and only one of those being solid. They had nothing to do with the KO. He was out with the contact of that jab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qekdLpSXOfc...feature=related

Judging by the video, Kimbo was genuinely stunned in that fight, and it wasn't because of the punches.... invincible aura shattered, maybe??

I think Shamrock never intended to fight. He allowed XC to use his name for the Main Event. And put his sparring partner in "last minute" due to injury...or whatever.

you're right, Kimbo and Lesnar are gimmicks for selling tickets and PPV.

Kimbo is not even in the same league as the UFC Heavyweights, heck most of the Pride guys came over here and got thumped by the UFC. The average heavyweight in the UFC (Petrozelli) has their way with Kimbo. Can you imagine what a technical ground and pounder or a true martial artist would do to Kimbo.

Lesnar on the other hand has a discipline. He is a ALL American wrestler. I wouldnt close the books on Lesnar just yet, He might surprise us.

Guest CNOrtega

My only real gripe about Lesnar is that he's getting a title shot this early in his MMA career. He's got the goods, wrestling wise, and the rest of his game will come to form in time. UFC's heavyweight division is a little shallow after Couture, Mir, and Nogueira, but I still feel weird about Lesnar getting a shot after two UFC fights.

My only real gripe about Lesnar is that he's getting a title shot this early in his MMA career. He's got the goods, wrestling wise, and the rest of his game will come to form in time. UFC's heavyweight division is a little shallow after Couture, Mir, and Nogueira, but I still feel weird about Lesnar getting a shot after two UFC fights.

I second that my friend!!!

Does anyone else have this weird gut feeling about Randy going against Lesnar, I mean lets face it Randy is almost SuperNatural, but one of these fights his 45 year old experience is going to run out and Lesnar is scary enough in the first round to maybe hurt Randy. Its when and if it gets to the later rounds that Randy will overcome. Remember how tired Randy was Against Pedro Rizzo, I hope that dont happen.

GO RANDY!!!

Lesnar could be a super HW...if there were such a category. Randy can fight light HW. I think Randy's impecable gameplanning will expose Lesnar's weaknesses. Couture will win. Why would he fight otherwise?

All I know is I want Randy to easily win his next two fights so that the fight with Fedor(if it ever happens) has meaning.

All I know is I want Randy to easily win his next two fights so that the fight with Fedor(if it ever happens) has meaning.

I hear ya. Dana White is pretty good about giving fans what they want. I want to watch Fedor fight anybody, especially RC. Is it a contract issue with Fedor. I heard he doesn't like being "owned" by 1 company, and limited to fight just for them. It's not like Dana needs the money. He took the UFC from less than a million $ to what???? like 10 billion$$$$$

I hear ya. Dana White is pretty good about giving fans what they want. I want to watch Fedor fight anybody, especially RC. Is it a contract issue with Fedor. I heard he doesn't like being "owned" by 1 company, and limited to fight just for them. It's not like Dana needs the money. He took the UFC from less than a million $ to what???? like 10 billion$$$

Last I heard it was something stupid, I think UFC wouldn't let Fedor fight in the Sambo competitions or something, but that was a while back before the drama with Randy's contract issues and such so that may have changed.

Guest CNOrtega

In my honest opinion, Couture vs. Fedor will never happen.

Fedor is Affliction's meal ticket, and Couture is the most recognizable face of the UFC. Affliction would have to go out of business before they let their meal ticket go fight in the UFC.

By the time all the legal hurdles would be cleared, Couture would be pushing 50.

In my honest opinion, Couture vs. Fedor will never happen.

Fedor is Affliction's meal ticket, and Couture is the most recognizable face of the UFC. Affliction would have to go out of business before they let their meal ticket go fight in the UFC.

By the time all the legal hurdles would be cleared, Couture would be pushing 50.

and according to reports Affliction going out of business may happen sooner than later lol, but I don't think they have Fedor to any set contract, i think they are just doing a per fight thing, and technically All Couture has to do is get two more fights out of the way, and he is clear to do whatever he wants, unless i've been reading wrong.