TEXASFOOTBALL4x4

Tiger  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Overrated

• Hes Good
    • OVerrated
    • Best Ever a Legend
    • Hes #### all luck

Too bad the topic wasn't about a 59 year old as an athlete or not!!!! Or you would be spot on!!! :thumbsup: But I'm pretty sure we are talking about Tiger Woods here. And what a 59 year old does has absolutely nothing to do with whether Tiger is a great athlete or not. But good try though! :highfive:

Sure absolutely nothing.... EXCEPT they play the same sport and the aforementioned 59 yr old spanked Tiger "the greatest athlete in the world" like a tied-up goat. Imagine a 59 yr old basketball player taking Jordan to the rack in his prime. Or a 59 yr old pitcher striking out Bonds/Williams/Mantle in their prime. Make sense now??? Tiger could very well be a great athlete - I have no way to know because the sport that he plays requires very little athletic ability. On a side note, I've heard people claim Tiger could play safety in the NFL - google a pic of a 24 yr old Tiger and let me know if that 165 powerhouse still reminds you of Ronnie Lott.......... FUNNY STUFF.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger woods is the best athlete ever! No doubt he has already surpassed Michael Jordan, and who ever else they think can contend with those careers. Best mental game, Best performance under pressure i have seen any human perform. Chuck Norris wears Tiger Woods Pajamas!

The ignorance is unbelievable......

HE DOESNT EVEN OWN THE ALL-TIME MAJORS OR WINS RECORD......

He's not even the greatest of all time in his sport, much less any sport....

The ignorance is unbelievable......

HE DOESNT EVEN OWN THE ALL-TIME MAJORS OR WINS RECORD......

He's not even the greatest of all time in his sport, much less any sport....

He is 33! By the time his career is over he will have at least 20 majors. Now about your other post... I understand what you are saying. All I'm saying is that there is not another athlete in the world who dominates like he does. Earlier in this thread someone made a post about the definition of an athlete. Well Tiger met every one of those qualifications. If I were an NFL player I would dream about having the physical stamina and pound for pound strength that he has. He ways 195? I think. And bench presses 450 pounds! IMO he is the prime definition of an athlete.

He is 33! By the time his career is over he will have at least 20 majors. Now about your other post... I understand what you are saying. All I'm saying is that there is not another athlete in the world who dominates like he does. Earlier in this thread someone made a post about the definition of an athlete. Well Tiger met every one of those qualifications. If I were an NFL player I would dream about having the physical stamina and pound for pound strength that he has. He ways 195? I think. And bench presses 450 pounds! IMO he is the prime definition of an athlete.

Show me some proof that he benches 450 - NO WAY..... What is his 40 time?? Vertical leap?? By your logic, Alex Rodriguez is the greatest baseball player who ever lived (he is in his early thirties and by the time he's done he will have at least 100 more homers then the next guy). He WAYS 195 now, but at 24 yrs old he WAYED about 165 - that is the time when NFL players are entering the prime of their career - not a lot of 165# NFL'ers out there.... As i've said before, he may very well be a good athlete, but I can not make that determination by watching him hit a golf ball 330 yards, or make a slippery six-footer. The most dominant in his sport - maybe.... The fiercest competitor EVER? I'll buy that.... The most clutch performances in a career - sure.... But to make such a bold statement as "Greatest Athlete of All-Time" - just dont agree.... More athletic than Bo Jackson? Deion Sanders? Jordan? LeBron? Heck, I think Kenny Lofton is a better athete than Tiger Woods....

Show me some proof that he benches 450 - NO WAY..... What is his 40 time?? Vertical leap?? By your logic, Alex Rodriguez is the greatest baseball player who ever lived (he is in his early thirties and by the time he's done he will have at least 100 more homers then the next guy). He WAYS 195 now, but at 24 yrs old he WAYED about 165 - that is the time when NFL players are entering the prime of their career - not a lot of 165# NFL'ers out there.... As i've said before, he may very well be a good athlete, but I can not make that determination by watching him hit a golf ball 330 yards, or make a slippery six-footer. The most dominant in his sport - maybe.... The fiercest competitor EVER? I'll buy that.... The most clutch performances in a career - sure.... But to make such a bold statement as "Greatest Athlete of All-Time" - just dont agree.... More athletic than Bo Jackson? Deion Sanders? Jordan? LeBron? Heck, I think Kenny Lofton is a better athete than Tiger Woods....

I never said he was the Greatest Athlete of All Time. And I also said in a previous post that I'm not saying he is the greatest of today. But I'm saying that you can't argue that he isn't. Because there is no true way to know who is. But he is definately among the top. And about when he was 24. Yeah, you are right. He probably WEIGHED (wayed lol) 165. But IMO, had he been training then like he is now, he could be just as big.

If I had to say the greatest of all time... Well I can't say now. But when LeBron's career is over I think it'll be him. All State Basketball and Football player in High School. One of the most dominant basketball players ever.

It will be 3 after next Sunday. I'll take Tiger over the field right now.

bot, everytime I see this thread I think it must be a joke. If Tiger stays healthy. they'll be saying Jack who?

It will be 3 after next Sunday. I'll take Tiger over the field right now.

bot, everytime I see this thread I think it must be a joke. If Tiger stays healthy. they'll be saying Jack who?

And farther on down the road, the next generation or two will be asking, Tiger who?

This is how short-lived fame seems to be, my students do not know who Tom Landry was nor Roger Staubach. I already have a few who do not know who Troy Aikman was. They had already forgotten about Michael Jackson and no one knew who Farrah Fawcett was. Michael Jordan is known as the guy in the "brief" commercials. The names who were so big when I was a teenager are no longer known, and when I mention them, I get blank looks.

People work so hard to become famous.