UNION HILL SCHOOL BOARD APPOVES PRAYER

BULLDOGBACKER1

You know- run the bone-- you prove a point...... It is not the next generation that is dropping the ball-- it is the last one that did not listen to their grandparents and parents and that is who is messing this country up. My 2 cent opinon is if some of your ancestors could come back today you would be out in the yard pickin your switch right now!!

Yeah that's the truth!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you new your constitution you would no that it does not use the word separation of church and state. That decision was made by activist judges, who try top dictate from the bench. The constitution was clearly stating that the state should not appoint a church. Example, Church of England, Spain Catholic Church.

I "no" my constitution, I "new" it when I could speel not guud and when I could spell well. If you "new" your consititution you would understand that establishing a religion is give one religion prefence over all others. Kinda like UH ISD just did.

You know- run the bone-- you prove a point...... It is not the next generation that is dropping the ball-- it is the last one that did not listen to their grandparents and parents and that is who is messing this country up. My 2 cent opinon is if some of your ancestors could come back today you would be out in the yard pickin your switch right now!!

So because I dont agree with your views, I should be beaten? Im sure Jesus would aprove.

I "no" my constitution, I "new" it when I could speel not guud and when I could spell well. If you "new" your consititution you would understand that establishing a religion is give one religion prefence over all others. Kinda like UH ISD just did.

I do enjoy the sarcasm. :happy65:

However, are you claiming that UH voted that ONLY Christian prayer is allowed before the game, or prayer period?

So because I dont agree with your views, I should be beaten? Im sure Jesus would aprove.

Not beaten, but damned. I would rather be beaten with a switch if it was me.

I do enjoy the sarcasm. :happy65:

However, are you claiming that UH voted that ONLY Christian prayer is allowed before the game, or prayer period?

Not beaten, but damned. I would rather be beaten with a switch if it was me.

If you go back and read my first post I asked that very question. If they are going to rotate what religon is going to lead prayer every week then I would have no problems with. However, I dont think that will be the case.

If you go back and read my first post I asked that very question. If they are going to rotate what religon is going to lead prayer every week then I would have no problems with. However, I dont think that will be the case.

Are they forcing you to pray? Do they stop you at the gate and say if you aren't going to pray before the game you will be denied entrance???? If the players/coaches and the faculty and the other fans are fine with it, shut your mouth, let them pray, and then enjoy the game.

If you say there should be no prayer before a game you are letting religion win. You are letting the non-religious religion win. Just because you may not agree with it, I promise that here in the heart of East Texas you are going to be the minority.

People like you need to go back and read your history. This nation was founded by people that wanted to get away from those that wanted to force them practice one form of religon over others. It looks like we have come full circle. Lets just make a Church of America and force everyone to join it. What do you think about that? That would be a great stand to take dont you think?

You are too blind to see the difference. Nobody is forcing anything on YOU. If you don't want to pray, you are free to do whatever you wish. Where does it say that every person in attendance must bow their heads and pray? Where?

I believe you are jumping to conclusions. From what I read, it says "prayer" will be allowed. Just because you are on a team and the majority of the prayer might be from a Christian leader, no way does this incapacitate you to pray to your God...whomever it might be. The vote allows players to pray before the game. Nowhere does it say that ONLY CHRISTIANS are allowed to pray before the game.

That claim is coming from you...the guy that's poking the hornest nest with a "what if" stick.

You are too blind to see the difference. Nobody is forcing anything on YOU. If you don't want to pray, you are free to do whatever you wish. Where does it say that every person in attendance must bow their heads and pray? Where?

My point exactly. If you don't want to pray you don't have to. Thank you Strawberry. :happy65:

Where does it say in the Bible that spreading faith is illegal? If anything, it tells Christians to spread faith no matter the consequences.

We might ought to check our committment and credentials before we get to Heaven's Gate...

Don't you dare question my commitment, but maybe you should check your knowledge of the Constitution of the United States.

I've read TFD's comments and it seems he/she has a rather firm knowledge of the Constitution.

Thank you.

The point I was trying to make to Ratface is the Constitution of the United States won't get us into heaven. I've found that the Law of God is a more consistent road to follow than the inconsistent, and immoral laws of flawed man.

It would be insane not to believe that the ORIGINAL laws written on behalf of our nation was highly based upon God.

Thank you.

The point I was trying to make to Ratface is the Constitution of the United States won't get us into heaven. I've found that the Law of God is a more consistent road to follow than the inconsistent, and immoral laws of flawed man.

That's EXACTLY right!!! Amen!

Funny Statement but he is right - Seperation of Church and State is not mentioned in the Constitutution. Seperation of Church and State was from Jefferson. I can not quote him but when he was talking about it he was answering the letter of a Baptist Minister who was afraid the goverment was going to try and take over the church - not the other way around - Union Hill has every right to pray unless they force people who do not want to participate to paticipate. - Way to Go Union Hill - Hope My Grammer was correct!!!!!!

I hope that's not an attack on me. I'm a Christian, too, who's certainly not ashamed of my faith, but I'm not going to illegally push my faith on someone else, either.

It is not and will never be an attack no you but i would like to make the case God expects us to obey the laws of the land until they intefere with his, prayer is not a right afforded to us by our forefathers , but istead a commandment given by the Father . I will say, some of what you say,i do understand but do you ever feel like enough is enough,do you ever feel a desire to not just be mad about something but to do something about it.And please for the sake of someone that might be moved by the battle won at U.H. do'nt try to make these words an attack on you.

Funny Statement but he is right - Seperation of Church and State is not mentioned in the Constitutution. Seperation of Church and State was from Jefferson. I can not quote him but when he was talking about it he was answering the letter of a Baptist Minister who was afraid the goverment was going to try and take over the church - not the other way around - Union Hill has every right to pray unless they force people who do not want to participate to paticipate. - Way to Go Union Hill - Hope My Grammer was correct!!!!!!

Grammar...lol. But you guys are absolutely correct. If you don't want to pray at Union Hill games you don't have to. Of course you could always just not go to the game or sit in your car till after they pray. You aren't being forced to pray.

Dear Pagans:

God gave you a free will to make up your own mind on what you believe and what you don't want to believe. God let UH School Board vote and their free will chose to let anyone the school wants to pray, pray over the loud speaker. God also gave you the free will to cover your ears look straight ahead and ignore all the ones around you who love you no matter what you believe in. Also, please just pay attention to their lips and when they mouth the word "Amen," this is your time to uncover your ears, put your right hand over your heart, and pledge the flag of the country that God gave you full of free will.

Love always,

Your local Christian

This country WAS founded on Christian principles. The only thing that was meant by "separation of church and state" is that the government could not mandate a religion, or establish a national religion that the government based political decisions on, i.e. Church of England (Catholicism), etc. Anyone thinking otherwise is reading something else into the Constitution. If you know your history, you would know that George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and all the original founders of our country were devout Christians who were escaping persecution for believing something other than what King George and the Church of England mandated. Their original intent was for the government to not get involved in anyone's personal beliefs, and thus not persecuting them for those beliefs. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you can't have prayer at a government function. If you can find that somewhere in your Constitution, enlighten us please..............being as some seem to think they know the Constitution better than us Christians.

Good for Union Hill I.S.D.! Way to make a stand! If all schools would take a stand like U.H.I.S.D. we could shut these left-wing, liberal agnostics up! :thumbsup:

Here is a question--if a Christian, which I certainly am, does not feel the need to publicly broadcast a prayer prior to a public event, but instead decides to pray silently to hisself, does that make him a "pagan"? Just a question for thought.