UNION HILL SCHOOL BOARD APPOVES PRAYER

BULLDOGBACKER1

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but you are proving my point about the can of worms you open up!!!

Spell it out, sport. I've already asked...

Since muslims have prayer TIMES, are you in favor of offering the muslim prayer WELL (more than 30 minutes) before the game or would you rather the game be stopped in the middle of the second quarter?

...and you ignored it.

Spell it out, sport. I've already asked...

Since muslims have prayer TIMES, are you in favor of offering the muslim prayer WELL (more than 30 minutes) before the game or would you rather the game be stopped in the middle of the second quarter?

...and you ignored it.

You as usual missed the point. Make it a Morman prayer? As they thank God for their prophet Joseph Smith. Would you be upset then?

I am all for Prayer before games. You can even rotate denominations. Sadly it all comes to a stop chortly after beginning because the first Athiest to attend a game refuse to not participate and screams their rights are violated for having to even be exposed to prayer. They do not like being convited of anything!

You as usual missed the point. Make it a Morman prayer? As they thank God for their prophet Joseph Smith. Would you be upset then?

Can't read your mind, princess... you asked the ignorant question, I was just discrediting your scare tactic. Are you saying that Mormons aren't Christians?

For the people that are willing to tear it apart to further their own personal views. I wonder how many on here would toss aside the 2nd amendment as quickly as yall have tossed aside the 1st.

Here it is... Tell us which part has been torn apart.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." -- First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Here it is... Tell us which part has been torn apart.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." -- First Amendment to the United States Constitution

or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Can't read your mind, princess... you asked the ignorant question. Are you saying that Mormons aren't Christians?

I know you think you can make the references to people in derog terms like "princess" because you are special but here is a clue "you are not". I asked you a well thought out question that you refuse to answer because you know you are biased. I never said anything about who was Christian or not. Unlike you I don't have a thing against any religion. I do have a problem with First Church of "insert town here" running a government enterprise such as a public school. Please tell me how having a moment of silence hurts anyone?

we can have it either way whether it be student led or guest from other team. They pretty much left it up to my disecretion being that i am the announcer!!! i don't care who does it baptist/mormon/muslim/catholic etc..... i think this is a win for us who actually belive in something and who actually belive prayers changes things!!!! For those of you who have a problem i pray for you and if you don't like this and you attend our game please just be respectful of those who do belive in something!!!

Tell me how praying aloud hurts anyone.

Never said it did as long as you are going to let any religion that wants to say prayer before the football game do it. Since you obviously aren't willing to do it you are now letting a public school choose which religion get "priority". Now you have a problem!!

Never said it did as long as you are going to let any religion that wants to say prayer before the football game do it. Since you obviously aren't willing to do it you are now letting a public school choose which religion get "priority". Now you have a problem!!

Where did I say I'm opposed to another religion from mine praying before the game!? You liberals are all the same.

BTW... It looks like the PA guy makes the decision, not the school, and certainly not congress.

I will break this down as simply as I can.

#1 Union Hill ISD accepts State and Federal funds in order to run their school district.

#2 The Federal government is prohibited from promoting one religion over any others.

#3 By accepting Federal funds UH ISD must follow the same rules the Federal Government must, because they are now an extension of the Federal government.

#4 UH ISD has now allowed one religious group to pray at a school function thus giving it preferential treatment over all other religions. UH ISD has just violated the 1st amendment of the Bill of Rights.

UH ISD can now do two things in order to get back in compliance:

#1 Stop accepting Federal funds or

#2 Stop promoting one religion over all others.

I really dont understand why this is so hard for some people to understand.

Where did I say I'm opposed to another religion from mine praying before the game!? You liberals are all the same.

BTW... It looks like the PA guy makes the decision, not the school, and certainly not congress.

It is people like you that make a lot of people ashamed to be Republican now a days. People like you are the reason "the real Republicans" are going to be on the short end next month. Keep spreading the hatred and intolerance you have on Smoaky if it helps you sleep at night.

I will break this down as simply as I can.

#1 Union Hill ISD accepts State and Federal funds in order to run their school district.

#2 The Federal government is prohibited from promoting one religion over any others.

#3 By accepting Federal funds UH ISD must follow the same rules the Federal Government must, because they are now an extension of the Federal government.

#4 UH ISD has now allowed one religious group to pray at a school function thus giving it preferential treatment over all other religions. UH ISD has just violated the 1st amendment of the Bill of Rights.

UH ISD can now do two things in order to get back in compliance:

#1 Stop accepting Federal funds or

#2 Stop promoting one religion over all others.

I really dont understand why this is so hard for some people to understand.

Where are you getting this #### about promoting one religion over another? There is NO amendment saying anyone cannot pray at a government function. I think you need to learn a little tolerance and understand the MAJORITY'S rights. The government is not establishing any particular religion in this or any other case that I'm aware of. Twist the words of the Constitution any way you want, but the fact of the matter is there is NO law being broken if we go by the LETTER of the Constitution, or its original intent. What part of this do you not understand?

i don't see what is so hard to understand i am not going to discriminate against any religion if they want to say the prayer bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am just a country boy who was raised in a christian home with parents who told me treat everyone as i want to be treated and from reading the responses and problems that people have with this i say that i hope my god forgives us for what we have become!!!!

i don't see what is so hard to understand i am not going to discriminate against any religion if they want to say the prayer bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am just a country boy who was raised in a christian home with parents who told me treat everyone as i want to be treated and from reading the responses and problems that people have with this i say that i hope my god forgives us for what we have become!!!!

Not sure if you are talking about me or not but what have we become? Are we not good christians because we don't agree with each other? I am just trying to figure out what I need forgiveness from?

It is people like you that make a lot of people ashamed to be Republican now a days. People like you are the reason "the real Republicans" are going to be on the short end next month. Keep spreading the hatred and intolerance you have on Smoaky if it helps you sleep at night.

Am I Republican? I know I'm conservative... Are you saying you won't tolerate my intolerance? :w00t:

BTW... Didn't you help create the sub-prime lending crisis? I hope it is YOU that can sleep at night.