UNION HILL SCHOOL BOARD APPOVES PRAYER

BULLDOGBACKER1

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout the first amendment?

Freedom of Speech!

Technically, neither I nor anyone else have 1st amendment rights here because this is privately owned message board. If you want to threaten to ban me because I dont have the same views you and most of this board do, just say it, I wont get my feelings hurt. It wont change my opinions tho.

Technically, neither I nor anyone else have 1st amendment rights here because this is privately owned message board. If you want to threaten to ban me because I dont have the same views you and most of this board do, just say it, I wont get my feelings hurt. It wont change my opinions tho.

What the????

Who has threatened you?

Are you feeling guilty or something?

Not feeling guilty or threatened at all. I just took your post as meaning you would take away my 1st amendment rights ie the ability to post on this board.

If that wasn't your intent then Im sorry for reading it that way. :flowers:

No, not the intention at all. Apology Accepted

I just feel my right to say a prayer falls under free speech!

Not feeling guilty or threatened at all. I just took your post as meaning you would take away my 1st amendment rights ie the ability to post on this board.

If that wasn't your intent then Im sorry for reading it that way. :flowers:

Boy, having been away from a computer all week, I've missed all the fun.

RTB, that's the stupidest thing I've read today.

Pray to your God, pray to my God, or pray to the Dr.Pepper in your hand, or better yet, speak loudly about separation of church and state loudly during the pre-game prayer. You will find out then that you are definitely "in" the minority. God bless UH!!

[/quote

ACLU will come in and get this changed...First thing will happen is all federal funding will be cut off from the schools...No more free lunch for the children;Sp. Ed. funding cut off...they are prople who control our schools because we accept Federal money to help us out.

I believe in any kind of prayer as long as it is sincere but this is not a " can of worms" but a boat full of worms.........

All places pray but silent prayer is just as effective because more are praying and not just listening to one person pray.

Stand by for the ACLU who funds our Democratic hopefuls....

ACLU will come in and get this changed...First thing will happen is all federal funding will be cut off from the schools...No more free lunch for the children;Sp. Ed. funding cut off...they are prople who control our schools because we accept Federal money to help us out.

Are those federal or state funds subsidizing those programs?

How about looking at it another way. What if a say band director/teacher was leading kids in a morman/muslim/hindu prayer prior to a test etc. How many parents would be up there in a NY minute to complain? How many would question their kids on exactly what was said? I am all for prayer and religious beliefs but to me it is a private issue being made public in a public school?

I grew up in Utah and they(mormons) pray at everything and as a baptist I was never offended by any of the prayers. At public events they pray the same way we do. Don't know about the muslim and hindu prayers I have never lived in an area where they were the majority, but if I did I would not be offended if they prayed, because I would be saying my own prayer while the said theirs.

I applaud UH for their stand on this issue. I am afraid of what the end result will be of this vote. The ACLU exists and is evil in my opinion. (They only support people with far left agendas)

Some things to consider

1. Under the radar how many games friday night had a prayer

2. How many Coaches/ teams prayed prior to the game

I coached for twenty years before going over to the darkside (administration) and would answer yes to the above what happened at your game Friday night

If the ACLU moves in and fight this board action we may have more no answers in the future