UNION HILL SCHOOL BOARD APPOVES PRAYER

BULLDOGBACKER1

or what you will do your best to make me look like an idiot. I hope you burn in hell you freak. I hope they kick me off of this sight because I am tired of jerks like you. Just because you speak louder and use bigger words does not make you the voice of the people. lets put it to a vot. all in favor of school prayer say I

Aye!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or what you will do your best to make me look like an idiot. I hope you burn in hell you freak. I hope they kick me off of this sight because I am tired of jerks like you. Just because you speak louder and use bigger words does not make you the voice of the people. lets put it to a vot. all in favor of school prayer say I

It's like our own little "poor man's version" of Mr. Smith goes to Washington. Awesome stuff!

Dear Thomas Jefferson,

You feared this would happen and it has. The government is restricting us as taxpaying, free Americans to practice our religious freedoms promised to us by the Constitution's 1st Amendment. Those persons who choose not to believe in Christianity, or any other entity, have misinterpreted the Constitution, therefore they have turned your words around to suit their owned misguided belief system, or lack thereof. What's worse is the government is sponsoring it. It's tantemount to treason in my opinion. These restrictions the government is putting on my Brethren and myself is akin to establishing a GOVERNMENT SPONSORED RELIGION of paganism, agnosticism, or atheism, of which I want no part of. For those people responsible, I just pray that somehow they become enlighted to what this country has always, and still should, stand for. I truly apologize for those persons who are not enlightened.

Sincerely,

blackflag79

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Seems to me the correct thing happened here. The LOCAL school board, elected by the LOCAL citizenry, made a LOCAL decision. For example, if you lived in inner city Detriot with a large Muslim population and this local Muslim population decided to have prayer call at sundown on rugs prior to kickoff, it seems to me that it is Detroit's business and not mine. Most of the games that I attend have either a prayer or a moment of silence. Some do nothing. I prefer prayer but I am fine with whatever decisions the local board makes. If I am unsatisfied with the response, I will not sue over it but rather I will do one or all of the following: voice my opinion, run for office, move.

What happened to days of the majority rules? Everything now is based on what the few want. Put it on the ballot and let the people of America decide, not judges or politicians.

As for the type of prayer.

If I were in Iran I would expect a muslim prayer and would not be offended. While they were saying their prayer I would say my own prayer silently. Since the majority of people in this area are baptist I would expect a simple christian prayer.

In a town that was mostly Cathlic I would not be offended if the local priest said a prayer.

But to hold a muslim prayer at a stadium that is 98% not muslim is not what this country and majority rules is founded. IMO

I teach Algebra so my spelling and grammar are off limits for critizism

Alright I got a question for you intelligent know it all's now. Whats the difference in praying at a football game and a high school graduation. Ir seems like alot of people are making a deal out of praying at a football game and every graduation I have ever been to they prayed twice and I have never heard anyone complain about that.

BINGOOOOOOO

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.

Since we are quoting....

"Our competence is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new convenant, not of letter, but of spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

II Corinthians 3: 6

Christianity is NOT a part of common law! At least it wasn't until restrictions were placed on its practice by misinterpreting the LETTER and INTENT of the 1st Amendment by some idiot Justice that can't interpret the intent of the original Bill of Rights!

Did you even read what you posted? The day has come when those pagans, agnostics, and atheists have misinterpreted what was written, as well as what was intended, by the LETTER of the Constitution's 1st Amendment. Now that that has happened, you, and your ilk have classed us (meaning the Believers) with "the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter". I think this is just another prime example of MISINTERPRETATION that you and your ilk are pushing and I'm not buying! Thanks! It PROVES my point!

Where are you getting this #### about promoting one religion over another? There is NO amendment saying anyone cannot pray at a government function. I think you need to learn a little tolerance and understand the MAJORITY'S rights. The government is not establishing any particular religion in this or any other case that I'm aware of. Twist the words of the Constitution any way you want, but the fact of the matter is there is NO law being broken if we go by the LETTER of the Constitution, or its original intent. What part of this do you not understand?

So So TRUE !!!!!!!!! Has been won in court for that reason.

Christianity is NOT a part of common law! At least it wasn't until restrictions were placed on its practice by misinterpreting the LETTER and INTENT of the 1st Amendment by some idiot Justice that can't interpret the intent of the original Bill of Rights!

Did you even read what you posted? The day has come when those pagans, agnostics, and atheists have misinterpreted what was written, as well as what was intended, by the LETTER of the Constitution's 1st Amendment. Now that that has happened, you, and your ilk have classed us (meaning the Believers) with "the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter". I think this is just another prime example of MISINTERPRETATION that you and your ilk are pushing and I'm not buying! Thanks! It PROVES my point!

I didn’t write that Thomas Jefferson did. You might know him; he was one of the guys who helped found this country.

I really think this whole discussion is over your head Blackflag. Im not trying to be mean, but you just don’t seem to understand that any Governmental body allowing one religion to have preference over all others violates both the letter and the intent of the 1st Amendment.

Santa Fe ISD vs Jane Doe

Facts of the Case

Prior to 1995, a student elected as Santa Fe High School's student council chaplain delivered a prayer, described as overtly Christian, over the public address system before each home varsity football game. One Mormon and one Catholic family filed suit challenging this practice and others under the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. The District Court enjoined the public Santa Fe Independent School District (the District) from implementing its policy as it stood. While the suit was pending, the District adopted a new policy, which permitted, but did not require, student-initiated and student-led prayer at all the home games and which authorized two student elections, the first to determine whether "invocations" should be delivered at games, and the second to select the spokesperson to deliver them. After the students authorized such prayers and selected a spokesperson, the District Court entered an order modifying the policy to permit only nonsectarian, nonproselytizing prayer. The Court of Appeals held that, even as modified by the District Court, the football prayer policy was invalid. The District petitioned for a writ of certiorari, claiming its policy did not violate the Establishment Clause because the football game messages were private student speech, not public speech.

Question

Does the Santa Fe Independent School District's policy permitting student-led, student-initiated prayer at football games violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment?

Conclusion

Yes. In a 6-3 opinion delivered by Justice John Paul Stevens, the Court held that the District's policy permitting student-led, student-initiated prayer at football games violates the Establishment Clause. The Court concluded that the football game prayers were public speech authorized by a government policy and taking place on government property at government-sponsored school-related events and that the District's policy involved both perceived and actual government endorsement of the delivery of prayer at important school events. Such speech is not properly characterized as "private," wrote Justice Stevens for the majority. In dissent, Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, joined by Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, noted the "disturbing" tone of the Court's opinion that "bristle[d] with hostility to all things religious in public life."

Dear Thomas Jefferson,

You feared this would happen and it has. The government is restricting us as taxpaying, free Americans to practice our religious freedoms promised to us by the Constitution's 1st Amendment. Those persons who choose not to believe in Christianity, or any other entity, have misinterpreted the Constitution, therefore they have turned your words around to suit their owned misguided belief system, or lack thereof. What's worse is the government is sponsoring it. It's tantemount to treason in my opinion. These restrictions the government is putting on my Brethren and myself is akin to establishing a GOVERNMENT SPONSORED RELIGION of paganism, agnosticism, or atheism, of which I want no part of. For those people responsible, I just pray that somehow they become enlighted to what this country has always, and still should, stand for. I truly apologize for those persons who are not enlightened.

Sincerely,

blackflag79

That was to good.

I really think this whole discussion is over your head Blackflag. Im not trying to be mean, but you just don’t seem to understand that any Governmental body allowing one religion to have preference over all others violates both the letter and the intent of the 1st Amendment.

Aren't you arguing for non-believers to have preference over believers? :blink:

I didn’t write that Thomas Jefferson did. You might know him; he was one of the guys who helped found this country.

I really don't think you can win an argument with me, especially when your argument has NO basis on fact. If you want to think you're more intelligent than me, you go right ahead. I'm not going to argue that point, I'll just make it more evident by what I say. Seeing as you haven't understood, or rebutted my statements in a satisfactory manner, it shows me that this conversation is way over your head runthebone. You have proven nothing with anything you have said. I've rebutted everything you have said with the voice of reason and intelligence that you cannot appreciate. Let me say this one more time in a clear, concise way that maybe, just maybe, you can even understand:

There is NO governmental body allowing one religion to have preference over all others, therefore, it DOES NOT VIOLATE both the letter and the intent of the 1st Amendment!

Take my word for it, you have MISINTERPRETED the 1st Amendment, along with those idiot justices that have sided with you. The majority rules here! :thumbsup:

How is anyone being persecuted by not being able to say "your prayer" out loud at a football game. If you want to have prayer fine but it is against the law as someone has pointed out. I guess next time a kid in class doesn't follow the rules it will be ok since laws are meant to be broken. Sounds like by the school board actually voting on it as opposed to the PA announcers just letting it happen so they are really in violation by directly sanctioning it.

In reading all of the arguments that have been going on, it is hillarious to see the slant that a particular religion is being pushed. This argument is null and void until they absolutely refuse for a particular religion to lead the prayer time.

I really don't think you can win an argument with me, especially when your argument has NO basis on fact. If you want to think you're more intelligent than me, you go right ahead. I'm not going to argue that point, I'll just make it more evident by what I say. Seeing as you haven't understood, or rebutted my statements in a satisfactory manner, it shows me that this conversation is way over your head runthebone. You have proven nothing with anything you have said. I've rebutted everything you have said with the voice of reason and intelligence that you cannot appreciate. Let me say this one more time in a clear, concise way that maybe, just maybe, you can even understand:

There is NO governmental body allowing one religion to have preference over all others, therefore, it DOES NOT VIOLATE both the letter and the intent of the 1st Amendment!

Take my word for it, you have MISINTERPRETED the 1st Amendment, along with those idiot justices that have sided with you. The majority rules here! :thumbsup:

I dont think you understand that when an ISD takes Federal funds they become a Governemental body. Why do you think ISD follow NCLB? Its because that accept Federal Funding in order to pay the bills.

Im sorry if that is to hard to understand.

Not really, I just dont want to see the rights of a minority trampled by a majority.

But you are though... if prayer is squashed then the non-believer is given preference. Like I asked in another thread, if they (you?) don't believe in God, why the fuss? Wouldn't the prayer be a joke?

In reading all of the arguments that have been going on, it is hillarious to see the slant that a particular religion is being pushed. This argument is null and void until they absolutely refuse for a particular religion to lead the prayer time.

How many people living in the "Bible Belt" are going to complain over a minute or 2 minute prayer when most of the time they are praying for the safety of the players and fans that are there for the game? Should we all have Saint Christopher medals?

Also what business is it of the people that will never attend a Union Hill game?

We can not pray but it is alright to kill innocent babies inside and outside the womb. What hyprocrisy?