ROMO ON DRUGS

lobo1

I was on the road today coming home after a week in Nevada and Mississippi. Did TO get a celebration penalty? Did he get the opportunity to get an endzone penalty? If not, did he pout like a girl?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An offensive line can only give you so much time. I'm suprised nobody is talking about Romo taking 10 seconds to get rid of the football! Hence the turnovers. The Cowboys have already gone through this problem with Chad Hutchinson. Coaches Cupcake and Stay Puff (both of them, Campo and Phillips) have to go! Time to fly another private Jet to Florida and beg Parcells to come back!! For the first time in my life I actually found myself cheering for the team playing against Dallas in the first quarter! All because of Tony Romo's nochalant 'oh well, I'm not going to apologize for winning' sick attitude and smurk. I'm sick of this undisciplined team!

The next couple of days will be telling for Romo. Last week, it didn't matter how he played because they won. Let's see his attitude this week. Again, is he a leader or is he not? Right now, I'm thinking not.

I wonder if any of those who accused me of panicking last week feel any different? I wasn't panicking then, and I'm not panicking now. But, this team is in desperate need of on-field leadership and accountability for their play.

TO did get after one of the lineman for letting the fumbled ball lay there though.

Interesting. When did TO become a coach?

If I were him, I'd be worrying about giving Jason Garrett a reason to have Romo throw to me instead of dressing down linemen.

I don't know what it is, but something is going on with this team. Don't know if there are internal problems (my bet) or what, but they have the talent to beat any team in the league. No reason for them not to.

Friction? No team unity? Cancer?

I was on the road today coming home after a week in Nevada and Mississippi. Did TO get a celebration penalty? Did he get the opportunity to get an endzone penalty? If not, did he pout like a girl?

Bleeds, I never saw him pout but I did see him underthrown and overthrown on several occasions. Like the other guy said, he was one of the only Cowboys showing some fire.

BTW, our celebration penalty this week was from a former Longhorn Leonard Davis. He decided to pick up the ball after Barber's long catch & run and draw the attention to himself by spiking it.

Considering the point in the game at which it happened, it was a boneheaded play.

the offensive line played poorly along with the special teams. i realize with Romo you are going to get some great plays as well as some bonehead plays. this downfall started 3 weeks ago. in my opinion what has happened is that teams are rolling their coverage towards Owens and Witten, either the other receivers are not consistently getting open or Romo doesn't look for them enough. yesterday he didn't have time but that hasn't always been the case. i agree with what Tom Jackson said on ESPN Jerry may want to pick up the phone and give Detroit a call about Roy Williams . another big time receiver would loosen up the coverage on Owens and Witten. that may even improve the play calling as well.

this team is soft, remind me of the dallas mavs..pathetic, simply pathetic showing by the offense, defense playdgreat, but the offensive line played absolutley horrible....that was the worst ive seen in years from the O line

I agree Fresh, I expected much more from the Dallas O-line than what I saw in that game, they looked horrible against the Cardinals front seven......to me they literally looked like they were lost out there.....heck I probably could have made it through that O-line and pressured Romo.....

TO did get after one of the lineman for letting the fumbled ball lay there though.

Which I am glad that he did, because someone needed to if the coaches won't do it......I know everyone criticizes TO alot, but he showed the most fire on the Dallas squad yesterday and I wish that more of the other players would do that as well......

Just hang on to it bleeds, it looks good on you.

I really don't mind. The longer I have it the more it proves my point. If TO was the best in the league, the Cows would find a way to get the ball to him. Why would a team not take full advantage of the best receiver in the league?

And while I will stop short of placing another bet, it is my claim the next time he gets in the endzone (if he actually does again this season), he earns a fine.

We'll see.

Interesting. When did TO become a coach?

If I were him, I'd be worrying about giving Jason Garrett a reason to have Romo throw to me instead of dressing down linemen.

I don't know what it is, but something is going on with this team. Don't know if there are internal problems (my bet) or what, but they have the talent to beat any team in the league. No reason for them not to.

Friction? No team unity? Cancer?

Not long after I posted this last night, I was watching Hanson. His comment was "There's something wrong with this team..."

One thing, and BluePirate and I posted comments about this weeks ago, is the fact that Romo doesn't have the excitement he once had. After Folk's long FG, he just stood there with no emotion, no reaction. Of course, if I was playing as poorly as he is, I'd be worried too.

Special teams what is wrong with them. Romo no emotion what so ever he makes a bad play and just go over and put your ballcap on backwards. I was glad to see TO get on the Center he stood there and looked at the ball. we are 4-2 but its can get alot worse if things dont tighten up at the ranch.

From Wikipedia...

Ordinarily, if the quarterback drops or loses the football while he is bringing the ball forward in a passing motion, and the ball touches the ground, it is considered an incomplete pass. If the quarterback drops or loses the football at any other time, it is considered a fumble, as if any other player had dropped it.

The tuck rule is an exception to this rule. It applies if the quarterback brings his arm forward in a passing motion, but then changes his mind and tries to keep hold of the football rather than making a pass. In this situation, if the quarterback loses the ball while stopping his passing motion or bringing the ball back to his body, it is still considered a forward pass (and thus an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground), even if the ball is moving backwards at the time the quarterback loses it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule

From Wikipedia...

Ordinarily, if the quarterback drops or loses the football while he is bringing the ball forward in a passing motion, and the ball touches the ground, it is considered an incomplete pass. If the quarterback drops or loses the football at any other time, it is considered a fumble, as if any other player had dropped it.

The tuck rule is an exception to this rule. It applies if the quarterback brings his arm forward in a passing motion, but then changes his mind and tries to keep hold of the football rather than making a pass. In this situation, if the quarterback loses the ball while stopping his passing motion or bringing the ball back to his body, it is still considered a forward pass (and thus an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground), even if the ball is moving backwards at the time the quarterback loses it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule

So, would this apply to receivers that carry the ball in their hands and try to "tuck" it when in trouble? The trouble comes and they drop the ball. Is this not a fumble also?

So, would this apply to receivers that carry the ball in their hands and try to "tuck" it when in trouble? The trouble comes and they drop the ball. Is this not a fumble also?

No... Because, as I understand it, the result of a play which invokes the tuck rule is an incomplete pass.