Pine Tree @ Hallsville

HvilleCat23

AJ jones had 200+ rushing yards and 3 TD last year for the Bobcats blowout win by around 30 points... This could be a great game...

Hallsville lost to marshall by 20

Pine Tree lost to marshall by 52

Hallsville beat MP 24-7

Pine Tree lost to mp 53-33

I see this one going to Hallsville at home in a hard fought close game. Hallsville plays 4 quarters.

Hallsville 34

PT 7

I have to agree with Mr. Muckelroy of UT fame when asked to give a prediction on the big game. Instead of giving the UT-OU score he simply said "Hallsville 30 - PineTree 13. You've got to like a guy that remembers his roots.

So I'm agreeing with him.

Hallsville 30

PineTree 13

Not sure if this is an actual rivalry game. The only people I hear calling it a rivalry game are the people from Hallsville. That may be because PT is one of

the few teams that Hallsville can beat every year.

I really don't think PT cares about football, so why would they have a football rivalry.

Not sure if this is an actual rivalry game. The only people I hear calling it a rivalry game are the people from Hallsville. That may be because PT is one of

I really don't think PT cares about football, so why would they have a football rivalry.

What kind of football program picks Pine Tree as a Rival?

Excellent point. Pine Tree puts it together and wins this one by 6

Rivalries are due to number of years teams have competed. Pine Tree except for just a few years has been a district rival since 1975ish. Other teams have come and gone but PT-Hville has for the most part remained constant. It goes from football to girls sports.

Some things it does no good to question why still - it's just the way it is. When a noted graduate of Hville brings it to national attention it is the real deal. Sorry other teams would prefer to be Hallsville's rival but Pine Tree will most likely always be it for us and will remain until districts change for good. Just ask any one from Hville that experienced the early days of the rivalry. It is passed on from team to team and generation to generation.

From my associations a lot of Longview folks feel about PT like we do :happy65:

You would have to be crazy to not know how big this rivalry is... its not just in football either. I think its safe to say the meetings between these schools have been closer than recent years. PT used to be good. Goes from schools spray painting each others fields, field houses, to Hallsville burning a pine tree at PT ( with a stuffed bobcat holding a Hville flag and PT planting a pine tree on the 50 on hallsvilles field) tons and tons of things happen between these two schools. They simply hate eachother. volley ball matches banned signs, a basketball series was held where no fans could show up. The list goes on. and glory bound... who does hallsville have trouble playing? Marshall and Kilgore are usually there only comp year after year besides a few good WH teams and a Jax team back in the day. Hallsville used to breeze through district.

1999 9-4-0 388-213 Roger Adams

2000 7-4-0 258-180 Roger Adams

2001 5-5-0 204-171 Roger Adams

2002 3-7-0 107-145 Roger Adams

2003 8-4-0 283-209 Roger Adams

2004 7-3-0 237-126 Roger Adams

2005 7-4-0 269-197 David Plunk

2006 7-4-0 David Plunk

2007 3-7-0 David Plunk

*2008* 4-2 David Plunk

two losing seasons in 9 years... a 5-5 record isnt that bad considering the old 13-3a district could make playoffs with that record, theres a scoop of a history lesson.

and as of now AJ Jones has 838 yards and 10 TD... 2 200+ performances 2 150+ performances and 2 games with 3 TD. I think PT cares about football, if your a kid and you like football. Your going to play right? If you stick on the team, and play for them regardless of how bad your doing. You like it right? I know not all of their dads are forcing them to play.

Rivalries are due to number of years teams have competed. Pine Tree except for just a few years has been a district rival since 1975ish. Other teams have come and gone but PT-Hville has for the most part remained constant. It goes from football to girls sports.

Some things it does no good to question why still - it's just the way it is. When a noted graduate of Hville brings it to national attention it is the real deal. Sorry other teams would prefer to be Hallsville's rival but Pine Tree will most likely always be it for us and will remain until districts change for good. Just ask any one from Hville that experienced the early days of the rivalry. It is passed on from team to team and generation to generation.

From my associations a lot of Longview folks feel about PT like we do :happy65:

Good post Cat, your right, everyone i know from both schools hate the other... But as some mention in other posts, PT has been bad at football for some time. I see Henderson and MP growing as rivals, the pep rallys get crazy and the games are always the funnest! Marshall is on the list, but we are kinda like our PT... in other sports we usually win but in football they have our numbers. and we care about football! Now stop getting me so excited, its only monday..

Everytime I put on a uniform I cared about football but maybe your varsity sport was titilly winks or tic-tac-toe SCOOP.

and as of now AJ Jones has 838 yards and 10 TD... 2 200+ performances 2 150+ performances and 2 games with 3 TD. I think PT cares about football, if your a kid and you like football. Your going to play right? If you stick on the team, and play for them regardless of how bad your doing. You like it right? I know not all of their dads are forcing them to play.

Maybe they could not make the basketball or soccer team.

What the heck, I'll throw my 2-cents in about the Pirates and the Bobcats. Other than h-vills slight over-all edge in football, the Pirates have held the upper hand over the cats in every boys sports. Baseballs fairly close, but everything else leans heavy in the Pirates favor. And, even though the Pirates have pretty much "sucked" the last few years in football, they did make the playoffs in 2001. Granted, the Pirates aren't great in football and lord knows those guys take a beating around most East Texas circles. However, I would take every PT kid that straps it on and goes out there day after day, than those that don't or didn't and simply stand or once stood on the side lines and run their mouths! Talks cheap, that's why everyone does it! As for me, hats off to these kids and those that strap it on, or once strapped it on, win or lose. If you didn't, you wouldn't understand.

Even though I am a Pirate, I suspect that "hallville" will win at home this week by as much as 30. PT lost their top RB and with the injuries and a thin line-up to start with, I would be surprised to see much of a game. And in the truest spirit of the hallville-Pine Tree rivalry, hallville suxs! And, GO PIRATES!!! Hahahahah!!!

What the heck, I'll throw my 2-cents in about the Pirates and the Bobcats. Other than h-vills slight over-all edge in football, the Pirates have held the upper hand over the cats in every boys sports. Baseballs fairly close, but everything else leans heavy in the Pirates favor. And, even though the Pirates have pretty much "sucked" the last few years in football, they did make the playoffs in 2001. Granted, the Pirates aren't great in football and lord knows those guys take a beating around most East Texas circles. However, I would take every PT kid that straps it on and goes out there day after day, than those that don't or didn't and simply stand or once stood on the side lines and run their mouths! Talks cheap, that's why everyone does it! As for me, hats off to these kids and those that strap it on, or once strapped it on, win or lose. If you didn't, you wouldn't understand.

Even though I am a Pirate, I suspect that "hallville" will win at home this week by as much as 30. PT lost their top RB and with the injuries and a thin line-up to start with, I would be surprised to see much of a game. And in the truest spirit of the hallville-Pine Tree rivalry, hallville suxs! And, GO PIRATES!!! Hahahahah!!!

Good post and good spirit SPORTZ :thumbsup:

hey hey over last 2-3 years it hasnt been heavy for anything

Football, Hallsville

Baseball, it goes both ways, PT may have the edge. Pretty even though and both always fight for district title

Track, Hallsville is much better.

Basketball, hallsville made playoffs first time in school history two years ago... i know they beat PT then, last year didnt go well but idk about scores

soccer, PT lol

Tennis, tied

Golf, i know Hville is pretty good, but dont follow this sport.

PT isnt heavy over Hallsville in anything, they both fight for district title and finish near top at nearly every sport ( except PT in football and Hallsville in soccer) i say this is a heck of a rivalry.

Football, Hallsville

Baseball, it goes both ways, PT may have the edge. Pretty even though and both always fight for district title

Basketball, hallsville made playoffs first time in school history two years ago... i know they beat PT then, last year didnt go well but idk about scores

soccer, PT lol

Tennis, tied

PT isnt heavy over Hallsville in anything, they both fight for district title and finish near top at nearly every sport ( except PT in football and Hallsville in soccer) i say this is a heck of a rivalry.

I beleive if you look closer, Pine Tree basketball history totally blow h-ville away! Not even close. And, even though h-ville may run more speed onto the track, you would probably be surprised just how successful Pine Tree has been in track. And, I hate to break it to ya, but golf, tennis and soccer is really in Pine Tree's favor. Check it out.

Football, Hallsville

soccer, PT lol

Tennis, tied

A couple of corrections on your post. The bobcat basketball team made the playoffs in 1997, winning bi-district over Mt. Pleasant, and then losing to Lancaster(the number 3 team in the state) by 3 points. They had also been to the playoffs like in the early 50's. Also, Pine Tree tennis is way better than Hallsville. PT pretty much dominated district in the 90's, while Hallsville's tennis program is the worst 4A program that I've ever seen. PT tennis has struggled as of late though, so their match might be competitive. Pine Tree probably still has the edge.