Preseason TABC state basketball rankings

snuffy

Re: TexPreps Basketball 3A State Rankings Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABC RANKINGS AS OF 10-14-08

3A Boys

#1 Hardin Jefferson

#2 Burburnett

#3 SA Houston

#4 Argyle

#5 L. Estacado

#6 Silsbee

#7 West OSo

#8 Dallas Madison

#9 Mexia

#10 Brownfield

#11 C. Ranchview

#12 D. Roosevelt

#13 Crockett

#14 Sweeny

#15 Bullard

2A Boys

#1 Ponder

#2 Shallowater

#3 New Waverly

#4 Jarrell

#5 Edgewood

#6 WHiteOak

#7 Jim Ned

#8 Godley

#9 Floydada

#10 Newton

#11 Whitewright

#12 Bushland

#13 Kountze

#14 Hearne

#15 Randolph

#18 Frankston

1A Boys div 1

#1 Cayuga

#2 Roscoe

#3 Sudan

#4 Thorndale

#5 Big Sandy

#6 Bremond

#7 Gruver

#8 Itasca

#9 Mumford

#10 Graford

#11 Plains

#12 Mt. Enterprise

#13 Normangee

#14 Bartlett

#15 Archer City

#19 Martins mills

1A Boys Div 2

#1 Goodrich

#2 Slocum

#3 Laneville

#4 Ira

#5 Lipan

#6 Calvert

#7 Nazareth

#8 Lorenzo

#9 Vega

#10 Paducah

#11 Avinger

#12 Waelder

#13 Moulton

#14 Sands

#15 Priddy

Posted on 10/14 3:27

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you start giving people state championships they have to play first. I know it is fun to say things but Slocum will have a tough time going undefeated in its district much less talk about winning a state chanpionship. You are one injury away from struggling to make the playoffs in that district. Good team but dont put that pressure on kids this early.

Where is the link to this? I do not see a good Jefferson squad on there. Did they graduate some starters, or is there something else?

Arp is loaded ,that was my same questoin? On top of an already good team coming back Arp added another 6'4" starter to replace Sed. look out good things will happen for Arp this year. Arp has an oppertunity to get state in 3 sports this year.. :notworthy:

LOL. Please coach11. We all realize "the games have to be played".... just an opinion. I realize Laneville is in the district. Just my opinion and nothing else. Of course the season on down to March 14 will determine this. I was not trying to insult or pressure(#2 is pressure enough) anyone just my opinion. BTW Summerville(ACL) had surgery and is doing well.

good to see the recognition. its gonna be a great season for the roughnecks. you'll see soon enought iger when they beat ur tigers.

Good luck I think somebody just got real confused when they put hose rankings up but thats OK Arp will roll this year. Arp will be in the state Tourny you can bet your house on that. by week 4 Arp will be ranked in the top 5. Goodluck to everyone see yall after Football ends till then GO ARP!!!!! :happy65:

Arp is loaded ,that was my same questoin? On top of an already good team coming back Arp added another 6'4" starter to replace Sed. look out good things will happen for Arp this year. Arp has an oppertunity to get state in 3 sports this year.. :notworthy:

Who is the 6'4 starter that will replace sed? I know that arp will be decent this year, but state tournament is getting ahead of ourself but that's what you do. Kountze is the team to beat in the region. There is no doubt that I am rooting for my tigers but replacing 4 starters is going to be tough especially if there is a deep playoff run in football. I believe that arp will make the regional tournament but state tournament is a ways to go and this team will have to grow.

Before you start giving people state championships they have to play first. I know it is fun to say things but Slocum will have a tough time going undefeated in its district much less talk about winning a state chanpionship. You are one injury away from struggling to make the playoffs in that district. Good team but dont put that pressure on kids this early.

I think the #3 team in this poll may have a say in that district.

just as the rankings show, WO will be the team to beat this year

We will worry about the rankings at the end of the season. Preseason polls prove nothing other than who politics the best lol!! I think it is nice that WO has all that pressure and a big target on their back!!!!!!!

mrrightside idk what team u saw. WO won district last year in a pretty tough district and return 4 of the 5 starters. the only reason sabine got any recognition last year was because they played a bunch of nobodys and cupcakes. thats how they came in to district with such a good record and ended up getting 3rd.

Just want to inform you that Boxell's son from Ponder is a Senior this year and they will have Arp's # again this year. But, you have to make it through district, bi-district, Area, Regionals, before you reach the "Drum". So, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Arp may be loaded no doubt about it, but there are other teams in class 2A that will be loaded also. Edgewood(Coach's son is back), Shallowater(Ray Morris will have this crew ready), Godley(stinkin athletic) are just 3 off the top of my head that will be forces to reckon with...