Preseason TABC state basketball rankings

snuffy

I can't believe that the Liberty Eylau boys are not State Ranked....They went deeper than Bullard losing to Dallas Roosevelt by 3 points in Regionals....

THey have their whole team back...

Tre Carson will prolly be the best player in 3a along with that one kid from Kaufman(#3)

Kaufman and Pleasant Grove should also be ranked!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that the Liberty Eylau boys are not State Ranked....They went deeper than Bullard losing to Dallas Roosevelt by 3 points in Regionals....

THey have their whole team back...

Tre Carson will prolly be the best player in 3a along with that one kid from Kaufman(#3)

Kaufman and Pleasant Grove should also be ranked!!

That is what I am sayin...

I played for him also so I know how he is. So i don't have to ask anyone.

I was stating to ask about what he did in the early 90s to turn the program around. Whats your reasoning for not liking him then? I know that all of the guys at arp love him and would run through walls for him. If he wasn't a good coach why did all of west rusk throw a fit when he left? Is that the reason you don't like him? All I know is that his teams have played in 7 regional tournaments which is impressive. How many coaches can say they have done that?

I played for him also so I know how he is. So i don't have to ask anyone.

You might've been on the team, but I got a sneaky suspicion you didn't play. Is that why you have such aggression towards Keith, cuz you was a BENCHWARMER!!!! It's okay. Not everyone can be a superstar, let it go man. No need to hold a grudge cuz he BENCHED you. :hug: It's gonna be alright!!

mrrightside idk what team u saw. WO won district last year in a pretty tough district and return 4 of the 5 starters. the only reason sabine got any recognition last year was because they played a bunch of nobodys and cupcakes. thats how they came in to district with such a good record and ended up getting 3rd.

i saw WO, whenever they played jefferson, because i am from jefferson, and went to all the games...jefferson stomped WO with ease, by the 3rd all of your fans were leaving... thats the white oak team im talking about.

East chambers lost their best 2 players. Tramain thomas was the best 2a player in the state and led ec to the regional tournament 4 times. They never could seal the deal. This year they will lose early in the playoffs because they are only returning a few players. Jefferson has some talent coming back, but most of their guys are good athletes and not necessarily basketball players. If you take away their ability to get to the rim, then its hard for them to score as arp proved in the regional finals last season.

Thanks for the feedback...I remember Tramain Thomas I heard that kid's name alot, he was a beast! And I do agree with what you said about Jefferson, I played them alot in my days and the way to beat them was always to keep them away from the rim and take charges all day...but then again Jefferson is way better now than when I played them. Anyway, I can't wait for basketball season it's going to be fun to watch

Thanks for the feedback...I remember Tramain Thomas I heard that kid's name alot, he was a beast! And I do agree with what you said about Jefferson, I played them alot in my days and the way to beat them was always to keep them away from the rim and take charges all day...but then again Jefferson is way better now than when I played them. Anyway, I can't wait for basketball season it's going to be fun to watch

Yeah Jefferson has solid talent. After watching them last year, arp gameplanned to contest the 3 but be ready for the drive to the basket. I don't remember how many guys they exactly lost, I know that Clarence Lee is back and he is really good. I think the remainder of their starters were seniors. I saw WO and Sabine last year and wasn't impressed at all. I know that this is a new year, but I don't see a dramatic change. They are helped by being in a down district. They each have some shooters but I'm not sold on their athletic ability to compete in the region but thats why you play the game. Their district isn't going to provide competition though and its tough to play for 8 weeks blowing teams out and then to turn it on in the playoffs when the games are tight.

Yeah Jefferson has solid talent. After watching them last year, arp gameplanned to contest the 3 but be ready for the drive to the basket. I don't remember how many guys they exactly lost, I know that Clarence Lee is back and he is really good. I think the remainder of their starters were seniors. I saw WO and Sabine last year and wasn't impressed at all. I know that this is a new year, but I don't see a dramatic change. They are helped by being in a down district. They each have some shooters but I'm not sold on their athletic ability to compete in the region but thats why you play the game. Their district isn't going to provide competition though and its tough to play for 8 weeks blowing teams out and then to turn it on in the playoffs when the games are tight.

The coach will have Arp ready. Anyone that thinks otherwise is "living under a rock" to put it nicely. This region is loaded with experienced talented teams. I don't see a cake walk to regionals for anyone. WO played a ton of underclassmen last year. They seemed to finally jell when district started (along with some defensive adjustments). Sabine was either young (4 sophomores) or had a lot of 1st year varsity players. Sabine youngsters learned to win (and expect to win) last year. They have also worked very hard this summer becoming more complete players. I haven't seen WO schedule but Sabine's is designed to get them ready for the playoffs. It is going to be a real exciting season in 2a and 3a around here and looking forward to it!!!!!!

I totally agree..it benefits you in the long run way more if your in a tougher district. It'll be tough for them to stay focused and stay sharp, not allowing themselves to play down to the level of their opponents. I've heard some of the games on White Oak's schedule and I know it's not cakewalk either. I know for sure they travel TO Jefferson and have Arp at home...I also think their @ Van as well. Spring Hill Tournament, Dan Noll Classic are 2 of the tournaments their in..can't remember the 3rd. Should be a fun year!

I totally agree..it benefits you in the long run way more if your in a tougher district. It'll be tough for them to stay focused and stay sharp, not allowing themselves to play down to the level of their opponents. I've heard some of the games on White Oak's schedule and I know it's not cakewalk either. I know for sure they travel TO Jefferson and have Arp at home...I also think their @ Van as well. Spring Hill Tournament, Dan Noll Classic are 2 of the tournaments their in..can't remember the 3rd. Should be a fun year!

The arp game should be good for both teams. I'm not sure either team will look great coming from the football playoffs assuming that one of them still isn't playing football. I know that arp always plays 3a and 4a teams. Not sure on the exact schedule i figure they will possibly play tatum, bullard and whitehouse as well as being in the tjc tournament playing upper competition.

White Oak preseason schedule:

Van

Gladewater

Atlanta

Spring Hill

Jefferson

Arp

Spring Hill Tourn

Alumni Game

Last Man Standing Tourney Sabine/West Rusk

White Oak Tourney

Not sure who is in the other tourneys but Last Man will be tough. Looks like a solid schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if they were close to .500 going into district play.

Any 2A Top 20 poll that doesn't recognize the group at MP-Chapel Hill can't be all that accurate.

They won't even represent their district in the playoffs much less be ranked in the top 20.

Jefferson

Daingerfield

Queen City

will represent the district. Bad district they got put in this go around.

I started thank you very much. I hardly ever even seen the bench. Just failed a drug test my senior year. He is a good coach, but I just don't like him.

It sounds like you're sour because he kicked you off the team. However, arp has gone 53-3 in district since he has been here. Also during those 4 years we have over 100 wins which is incredible for any school.

They won't even represent their district in the playoffs much less be ranked in the top 20.

Jefferson

Daingerfield

Queen City

You must be kidding with these predictions. How can you leave out Chapel Hill, but include Queen City. CH will win this district.

Your forgetting about Cordell Roberson, very good in all aspects of the game.

You must be kidding with these predictions. How can you leave out Chapel Hill, but include Queen City. CH will win this district.

Big words, but i can promise you that CH will not beat Jefferson or Dangerfield, i personally believe Jefferson will go undefeated in district again, and also add another win against the number 6 ranked team in WO, just like last year :thumbsup:

Jefferson

Daingerfield

Queen City

Your statement may be false BigBlue....i watched mp ch play d-field this past summer a few times and mp ch looked slightly better and beat them everytime but once, they stomped all over queen city last year in the avinger tournament so i dont see them getting beatin out of the playoff run. mp ch has some great returning players and i agree with sonoman24 you cant be that accurate if your not representing mp ch in a top 20 poll considering the beating they put on whitewright in playoffs last year (tell me how whitewrights no. 11!). As for jefferson, this is a game that hasnt been played. I know that they have lost great players and have a few returning. It will be a Run between Jefferson and MP Chapelhill.

Your statement may be false BigBlue....i watched mp ch play d-field this past summer a few times and mp ch looked slightly better and beat them everytime but once, they stomped all over queen city last year in the avinger tournament so i dont see them getting beatin out of the playoff run. mp ch has some great returning players and i agree with sonoman24 you cant be that accurate if your not representing mp ch in a top 20 poll considering the beating they put on whitewright in playoffs last year (tell me how whitewrights no. 11!). As for jefferson, this is a game that hasnt been played. I know that they have lost great players and have a few returning. It will be a Run between Jefferson and MP Chapelhill.

If thats the case Jefferson should be in the top 10, because we stomped the #6 WO last year by like 30 points... they are callin it as they see it, new year new teams.