The greatest wrestler of all time...

Five0pd310

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNOrtega

Are we talking about pro wrestling or regular wrestling?

I have an answer for both.

Greco Roman: Alexander Karelin

Pro Wrestling: Some unknown guy named Hulk Hogan.

The Junkyard Dog didn't want any of "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.

Though JYD's finishing move, the DogButt, was funny. He would crawl around on all fours and issue headbutts then lift his leg as if he was near a fire hydrant. Hacksaw's three-point stance clothesline was better. In fact, I still occasionally use it at Wal-Mart.

Now that I think about it, Rampage Jackson acts kinda like JYD. :hmm:

Okay, this takes me back to when I was a kid, and wrasslin was real. My Top 10 Greatest Wrestler's of All Time :

10. Jake "The Snake" Roberts - This was his theme song when I liked him, DDT : "Lay It Down" RATT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rqA55ynPoU

9. Jim "Hacksaw" Duggan

8. Ted "pre Million Dollar Man" Dibiase

7. Col. Phil "Buck" Robley - yes, he's 74 and he can still uses his arm brace. Check his myspace page.

6. "Killer" Karl Kox

5. Andre The Giant

4. "Dirty" Dick Murdock

3. Dr. X - load that boot Dr.

2. "Bruiser" Bob Sweetan

1. Andy Kaufman

Fritz Von Erich. Hands down. The "Iron Claw" was feared by all who would enter the ring.

That's right... When attached to the head the "Iron Claw" would render on opponent unconscious, usually immediately following profuse bleeding from the temples. When applied to the solar plexus, it often caused acute appendicitis.

Okay Dave, since you fancy yourself a wrestling afficianado, here's a word that will bring back memories in a flood.

Sport-a-torium.

Okay Dave, since you fancy yourself a wrestling afficianado, here's a word that will bring back memories in a flood.

Sport-a-torium.

Hirsch Memorial Coliseum, Shreveport Municipal Auditorium (Home of the Louisiana Hayride), the Sportatorium where Elvis performed.

Hirsch Memorial Coliseum, Shreveport Municipal Auditorium (Home of the Louisiana Hayride), the Sportatorium where Elvis performed.

The original cathedral of wrestling.

Dave, I figured you were a fan of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes.

Give me Ken Patera or Harley Race over Dusty "Roundhouse" Rhodes. I liked "Dirty" Dick Murdoch, but not Dusty. If what we're talking about doesn't make you laugh, maybe this will :

. The Midnight Express in pink tights.....

Athens, Greece where a bunch of naked guys wrassled for a wreath of laurels ? Or Madison Square Garden ?

Nah. The REAL one; The Sportatorium.

Nah. The REAL one; The Sportatorium.

Why not the Omni in Atlanta ? Mr. Wrestling II and Rick Flair started out in Atlanta. The Sportatorium is gone, and I used to drive by it and remember my youth. It was just an old tin building off of I-30. I hated when The Great Kabuki, and The Missing Link came onto the scene. I never cared for J.Y.D., but I was a fan of "Pork Chop" Cash back when he would wrassle "Silento" Rodriguez.