Top Posters In This Topic

Some seem to have been forgotten from the old Mid-South

1. Magnum TA

2. Terry Taylor

3. The Masked Superstar

4. The Masked Assassin

5. The Rock and Roll Express

Anyone remember these guys?

I do. I go a little bit further back, and they were starting when I stopped watching.

If I remember correctly The Rock and Roll Express had a feud with the Midnight Express. I can't believe no one has mentioned Mr. Wrestling II who's protege was Mr. Wrestling III, but turned on him and became Hercules Hernandez. I remember Tony Atlas when he first started. The last count I had on The Spoiler I, II, and III.

I wish I could find the footage of John Stossel getting his ears boxed by Hulk Hogan. :crybaby: :devil: :lol: That memory is burned in my mind, when it comes to wrasslin'.

That was David Schultz who knocked him upside the head. I'm sure youtube has it. Stossel walked away $425,000 richer for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody managed by Gary Hart was always entertaining.

And where would the old timers be without their matches being refereed by Bronco Lubich or David Manning.

But growing up, nothing was better than the Freebird-Von Erich battles.

Do you also remember a referee named "Bulldog" Danny Fletches(sp)?

Do you also remember a referee named "Bulldog" Danny Fletches(sp)?

No I don't remember that one.

All of this talk about old-timers reminds me of the mid-80's when I was in college. I turned on the TV to see Bill Mercer introduce "Handsome Henry Wilburn" from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He was a guy that I had just spoken too at Gold's Gym in Tyler, from the Gilmer area. I relayed this to a girl I had gone out with from Grapeland and stated that he had told us about rehearsing his upcoming match. She almost shot me. The thought of wrestling being fake was somewhat blasphemous.

Guest Bear_Den

Wrestling is now gone down the drain......however, the best wrestler of all time is Stone Cold Steve Austin........And that's the bottom line cause Bear_Den said so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ric Flair. Got to be, he carried the NWA through the territories days, then took the NWA national, then took it to the WWF/E and did the same. No offense to the other names on the list, but how many guys had the best match of their lives against Flair? He got a quality hour out of Kerry Von Erich. He was the man, no doubt.

Reid

Host, "Sports Radio Live" on 99.3 Talk FM

http://www.993sports.com

Ric Flair. Got to be, he carried the NWA through the territories days, then took the NWA national, then took it to the WWF/E and did the same. No offense to the other names on the list, but how many guys had the best match of their lives against Flair? He got a quality hour out of Kerry Von Erich. He was the man, no doubt.

Reid

Host, "Sports Radio Live" on 99.3 Talk FM

http://www.993sports.com

This is true....Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, Sting, Arn Anderson, and many more Superstars all said their best or favorite matches were with Flair. And In case you dont know Shawn Michaels and HHH all look to Flair as a father figure and said they would not be were they are today with out him. Sure Hogan or The Rock or Stone Cold may have all been the popularist at one time, but not the greatest! WHOOOOOOOOOO!

That honor belongs to the Jet flying, limo riding, kiss stealing son of a gun.

• 1 month later...

I grew up with Mid-South Wrestling, and I still have a program with "Bruiser" Bob Sweetan's blood on it. We recently lost "Dr. Death" Steve Williams to cancer : http://wrestlingtruth.com/news/dr-death-st...ms-passes-away/

He was also an All-American football player at the University of Oklahoma. I liked Steve Williams even when he whipped up on Jim "Hacksaw" "SMU" Duggan. May God rest his soul :