Longview vs. Hallsville

GloryBound

Hallsville did play poorly against PT as compared to have they have played the balance of the year. Yes I am from Hallsville but if you look at previous posts on Smoaky you will see that I try to remain totally objective. I am an engineer so everything to me is black and white.

I too have to take some things said on this forum with a grain of salt. But the penalties, though similar in occurances and in yardage, came at a bad time for Hallsville against PT. So timeliness also has to be taken into consideration as far as extending drives.

I have no grand illusions that Hallsville will beat Longview. I just hope that it is respectable. My thoughts on giving the ball so much to AJ is to keep the ball away from Longview since he is a possession type runner. Similar to running the 4-corner stall as your base offense in basketball. If the other team does not have the ball then they cannot score either! I cannot say that running him so much against PT was in preparation for Longview because of the risk of injury. The early season number 2 running back for Hallsville is now on JV. He is a sophomore and is more of a speed back. In my opinion he should be carrying more of the load on varsity because it only takes one play before you are playing a sub. Right now the #2 RB for varsity is a huge drop off from AJ.

I think that Hallsville will have its moments against Longview Friday night but at the end of the game Longview will just have too much.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pine Tree 6 penalties for 33 yards

Hallsville 6 penalties for 53 yards

Thx pop, so 20 yards isnt a whole lot on paper... but in a game it sure is noticable.

Hallsville did play poorly against PT as compared to have they have played the balance of the year. Yes I am from Hallsville but if you look at previous posts on Smoaky you will see that I try to remain totally objective. I am an engineer so everything to me is black and white.

I too have to take some things said on this forum with a grain of salt. But the penalties, though similar in occurances and in yardage, came at a bad time for Hallsville against PT. So timeliness also has to be taken into consideration as far as extending drives.

I have no grand illusions that Hallsville will beat Longview. I just hope that it is respectable. My thoughts on giving the ball so much to AJ is to keep the ball away from Longview since he is a possession type runner. Similar to running the 4-corner stall as your base offense in basketball. If the other team does not have the ball then they cannot score either! I cannot say that running him so much against PT was in preparation for Longview because of the risk of injury. The early season number 2 running back for Hallsville is now on JV. He is a sophomore and is more of a speed back. In my opinion he should be carrying more of the load on varsity because it only takes one play before you are playing a sub. Right now the #2 RB for varsity is a huge drop off from AJ.

I think that Hallsville will have its moments against Longview Friday night but at the end of the game Longview will just have too much.

I agree hookem, i kinda think we needed him at our backup RB, he put the ? of are they gonna run outside or up the middle, we could have had great success if we used him in the sweeps, he at alot of times was the fastest player on the field. Special teams, RB, and FS positions would be a little better with him playing in the depth. I heard hes doing real well down there with him, But i also blame the bye week for playing them close... there has been many blowouts, loses or close wins to teams that shouldnt have played like that all year.

If the other team does not have the ball then they cannot score either!

After the way this season has gone for Longview, and after hearing about a couple of Lufkin's games, I truly don't believe that statement. :whome:

GloryBound is great to laugh at. He's not only been wrong in every prediction he's made, but he still does it. Can one person really be THAT delusional? I mean, Whitehouse had one good year in the past like 50 (and got humiliated this year already by Sulphur Springs). And what's sad is that that good year was overshadowed by a coach who threw a game so that he wouldn't have to play the tougher road in the playoffs. And also suspended players for going to a national competition. Ah, well. GloryBound will continue to pick against Longview, will continue to be wrong, and continue to humiliate himself. His obsession is almost unhealthy, though. I'm only praying Whitehouse plays Longview in the first round.

Actualllllllllly IIIiiii feeeeeeeeeeeeel finnnnnne. Anddd I reeeeeeealy beleeeeeeeeeve thattttttttt the Wobos willlll winnnnn bbbbbbby 63 - 3. Let's see who will Longview lose to in the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Actualllllllllly IIIiiii feeeeeeeeeeeeel finnnnnne. Anddd I reeeeeeealy beleeeeeeeeeve thattttttttt the Wobos willlll winnnnn bbbbbbby 63 - 3. Let's see who will Longview lose to in the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Guess Lobos will lose the week after whitehouse loses.

And don't let Nac. fool around and make it as the top seed somehow...U KNOW WHAT IT IS!

The lobos will take this one, "running away"!!!! The mavs were the only team in this district that could have given the lobos much of a game, and as we all know, it didn't happen. And it dang sure won't happen against, yet another, over rated hallville team. The perrinial power house (hallville), once again, can't give an opponent credit in a close game, just like they can't seem to admit a loss, without making a bunch of lame excuses about how they should have won. The truth about this one is that the lobos will be the lobos and hallville will be hallville.

lobos-56

hallville-6

If the other team does not have the ball then they cannot score either!

Just my 2 cents worth, but in the SS game SS ran 87 plays to LV's 44. SS controled the ball the entire game. The score was 32-13 and LV got the win. Hallsville is fixing to get a big dose of #7, I promise they have not faced anything like him.

While this game should be a blow out, Longview still has a lot to work on. Hallsville is in a desperate situation to get into the playoffs, while Longview already has clinched a playoff spot.

No doubt the 'Cats will bring their best game to Lobo Stadium.

Good luck to Hallsville. Is it Friday yet?! :D

Just to set the record straight, all people from Hallsville don't live in fantasy land. PT gave Hallsville all they wanted, I was there. They ran the ball well, played hard, had a nice trick play. Like previously said, 6 points is 6 points. It does not matter how you score. The timing of penalties and turn overs does not matter. They happened during the game and thats that. I can't fault Hcat23 for supporting his team, but he needs to live in the real world. They are not the team he thinks or wants them to be. They go out and do there best and that is all anyone can ask for. Lets hope fridays game goes injury free and true sportsmanship is showed on the field.

Just my 2 cents worth, but in the SS game SS ran 87 plays to LV's 44. SS controled the ball the entire game. The score was 32-13 and LV got the win. Hallsville is fixing to get a big dose of #7, I promise they have not faced anything like him.

Often times people that reply to posts on here are so literal. Or picks one poster and deems that that person speaks for all involved. Generally speaking when you run a ball control offense you are trying to PREVENT the other team from having the ball thus scoring. However, if the other team is a quick strike offense or has complete domination over another team then it is a moot point. As we all know there are exceptions to rules as Wildcat points out here. But with this being a sports oriented site I would think that the average reader would understand about trying to keep the ball away from the other team without having to worry about the exceptions noted here. We are quick to point out deficiencies. By the way, Hallsville got a big dose of Marshall and their backs. Amongst them, I am sure that we have seen the equivalent of #7.

Longview wins 44-17. Hallsville will score 10 in the 4th.

Is there a reason why we would put up 10 in last quarter? yall have way more depth, although i hope your right!

The lobos will take this one, "running away"!!!! The mavs were the only team in this district that could have given the lobos much of a game, and as we all know, it didn't happen. And it dang sure won't happen against, yet another, over rated hallville team. The perrinial power house (hallville), once again, can't give an opponent credit in a close game, just like they can't seem to admit a loss, without making a bunch of lame excuses about how they should have won. The truth about this one is that the lobos will be the lobos and hallville will be hallville.

lobos-56

hallville-6

how is Hallsville a power house? you must be from PT... I wana know who didnt admit losses? from what i understand Hville fans are pretty level headed and smart. I predicted 3 for sure loses at begginning of year ( i predicted lobos being undefeated going into this game and they will leave that way) marshall and T-High, and possibly SS ( i am looking forward to this game because i think bobcats have more of a chance in this one than any other.) Now was our 6 points field goals or a missed kick from TD?

Often times people that reply to posts on here are so literal. Or picks one poster and deems that that person speaks for all involved. Generally speaking when you run a ball control offense you are trying to PREVENT the other team from having the ball thus scoring. However, if the other team is a quick strike offense or has complete domination over another team then it is a moot point. As we all know there are exceptions to rules as Wildcat points out here. But with this being a sports oriented site I would think that the average reader would understand about trying to keep the ball away from the other team without having to worry about the exceptions noted here. We are quick to point out deficiencies. By the way, Hallsville got a big dose of Marshall and their backs. Amongst them, I am sure that we have seen the equivalent of #7.

I was thinking the same thing, BUT #7 is the best back in the district ( yeah i picked over my own jones) or at least he made MP look like a JV or fresh team, scored nearly every run... The 2nd and third runners looked great too, #23 or 28? had two TDs in MP game... We are much bigger defensivly and have a good secondary.. But i am kinda worried having those small LBs... #7 is quick, but also has no trouble staying on his feet after a hit. Anyone know his offers? But marshalls Backs are something else, and speed is in their definition.

..... But i am kinda worried having those small LBs... #7 is quick, but also has no trouble staying on his feet after a hit. Anyone know his offers?.....

Being a junior, I doubt colleges are ready to sign him yet. :notworthy:

Being a junior, I doubt colleges are ready to sign him yet. :notworthy:

well, its easy to see longview is doing good, i thought there would be some looking in by now, im sure there is.... there are a bunch of ET kids that have been watched from junior year, either way. The playoffs is a good oppertunity for him. :flowers:

well, its easy to see longview is doing good, i thought there would be some looking in by now, im sure there is.... there are a bunch of ET kids that have been watched from junior year, either way. The playoffs is a good oppertunity for him. :flowers:

You said "Are there any offers." Not, "Is anyone looking."

I'm detail driven. Someone told me the other day I was pedantic. (my new favorite word)

Thanks, ill walk! I heard some bad news about the lobos, im wondering if the rumors are true... i guess ill find out tonight! hope the visit is pleasant and a good game like JV-9th! See yall there, i had fun talking with some of the cops at the MP game, they have a sense of humor :D Heard Hallsville has a new gameplan for this one! cant wait to see! Good luck lobos hope its an injury free game.