MMA vs Real Threats

BluePirate

An excerpt from this ARTICLE...

Brandon Vera is coming off a life-changing experience, but right now he doesn't have the time to focus on or think about it.

On Oct. 4, while at the home of his grappling trainer, Lloyd Irvin, in Accokeek, Md., Irvin's home was broken into by two gunmen at 4:30 a.m.

The gunmen pointed their weapons at Vera, Irvin, along with Irvin's wife and young son, while demanding cash and jewelry.

While one gunmen focused on Vera, the other forced Irvin to go into the bedroom to get the family jewelry. While in the bedroom, feeling he was far enough away that he wouldn't be putting his family in jeopardy, Irvin made a move and disarmed the gunman.

The intruder ran off, screaming to his partner that the guy had got the gun, and his partner then also ran off.

An excerpt from this ARTICLE...

Brandon Vera is coming off a life-changing experience, but right now he doesn't have the time to focus on or think about it.

On Oct. 4, while at the home of his grappling trainer, Lloyd Irvin, in Accokeek, Md., Irvin's home was broken into by two gunmen at 4:30 a.m.

The gunmen pointed their weapons at Vera, Irvin, along with Irvin's wife and young son, while demanding cash and jewelry.

While one gunmen focused on Vera, the other forced Irvin to go into the bedroom to get the family jewelry. While in the bedroom, feeling he was far enough away that he wouldn't be putting his family in jeopardy, Irvin made a move and disarmed the gunman.

The intruder ran off, screaming to his partner that the guy had got the gun, and his partner then also ran off.

thats a pretty awesome story, I always liked Vera and this helps me like him even more lol :thumbsup:

I enjoyed them all but I really enjoyed watching Bisping pound Leben.

Yeah, I liked Leben and Bisping a lot, i'm tired of people trying to talk about Bisping should have stayed in there and went toe to toe with him. It was pretty obvious he couldn't do that so he fought on his terms and did what he needed to win, i liked it a lot.

Vera fight made me so mad, if he would of been any sort of aggresive he would have one the thing but he was wayyy too defensive, it was sad to watch.

Can't really remember any of the other fights too much, it was a good show though.

I really like Vera, also. A friend called during his fight so I wasn't able focus on his fight. He weighed in at 203 and I thought he looked undersized. I'm not sure how much he cut, but probably none after he struggled cutting weight last time. Hopefully he'll figure that out pretty quick. Check out Vera's bio... http://www.brandonvera.com/?pid=62

Can't believe you can't remember the Lytle fight!