Oklahoma State @ Texas

As usual, no respect for OSU on this board. :hmm:

That's okay. I can deal with that.

There are two chunks of data that I feel are important to review before blindly supporting your team:

Here are the stats and national rankings:

Total Offense..........OSU 501.43/#7.....UT 484.00/#10-->Very close

Rushing Offense......OSU 283.14/#5.....UT 193.43/#28

Passing Offense......OSU 218.29/#52....UT 290.57/#13

Passing Efficiency...OSU 186.92/#3.....UT 193.34/#2-->2 of top 3 nationally

Scoring Offense.....OSU 46.43/#4......UT 48.14/#2-->2 of top 4 nationally

Sacks Allowed........OSU 0.71/#4.......UT 1.71/#57

Turnover Margin.....OSU 0.71/#27......UT 0.57/#36-->Very similar

Total Defense........OSU 335.86/#47....UT 323.14/#39-->Closer than most think

Rushing Defense....OSU 116.71/#35....UT 48.14/#2

Passing Defense....OSU 219.14/#77....UT 275.00/#111

Passing Eff. Def.....OSU 111.74/#33....UT 125.78/#72-->A bigger OSU strength than thought

Tackles for Loss....OSU 4.71/#96......UT 6.86/#24

Sacks..................OSU 1.14/#101.....UT 3.43/#4

Net Punting..........OSU 41.32/#4......UT 39.78/#8-->2 top 10 units

Punt Returns........OSU 22.00/#2......UT 6.00/#96-->Big OSU advantage

Kickoff Returns.....OSU 24.50/#17.....UT 25.80/#7-->Both strong units

I know last year is last year, however:

Arkansas State 21-13 W Seriously

Central Florida 35-32 W Surrendered a million yards rushing

Kansas State 41-21 L Self Explanatory

Oklahoma 28-21 L Close Loss

Nebraska 28-25 W It's not the Nebraska

OSU 38-35 W Don't get me started...We all know!!!

aTm 38-30 L Seriously

They lost a lot of key players: Charles, Sweed, Griffin, Finley....ect ect ect

Did this texas team make a pact with the devil?

I, honestly, think this will be a tough game for OSU to win, whether the game is in Austin or Stillwater. BUT, I think OSU is better than many of you think. We are faster on defense than we ever have been. We have playmakers and quality defensive line and linebackers on defense. Additionally, we have playmakers all over the offensive side of the ball: Pettigrew, Robinson, Tostin, Bryant, Okung(OL matching up to Orakpo), Hunter among others.

If we can contain McCoy, and I realize that is a huge if because he's playing great, OSU will win this game. Your running game does not scare me. Count that as my fearless prediction.

OSU 33 Whorns 24

This game means a whole lot to both teams but this may be the biggest game in the history of Oklahoma State Football. The Whorns, no doubt, have a great team that is playing great. I hoping, like crazy, that they stub their toe this weekend.

Stats in this game doesn't mean a thing. Texas has given up quite a few passing yards this year, but has done a great job keeping teams out of the endzone. Yes, Mizzou and OU put up points against Texas, but those are two great offenses. Only way OSU wins is if the Texas offense slips, because you know the defense will get to Robinson and stop the OSU offense enough for the Texas offense to score.

Whats up with last year's stats? Two totally different teams.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on this thread have said that Zac Robinson better get ready to run...

Eh, that might not be nesscaraily a good thing. Robinson is just as fast as that Texas Defense and the offense OSU runs compliments him as well with the zone option read.

OSU was outcoached when it mattered, with about 3:00 left, 4th and about 5, behind by 4. OSU called a pass over the middle, completed at the line of scrimmage instead of past the first down marker. After that, Gundy mismanaged the clock.

Good game. 'horns hang on to win by 4, a giganticly smaller margin than predicted.

WHEWWW!!!! can I breathe Now? gosh.. Felt like Texas was very capable of beating them much worse, but never seemed to just seal the deal, but hey you have to give credit to Ok State. That running back is really good.They played great. The thing I didnt like seeing from all of it, was how he carved up Texas's defense on the ground. I just hope they dont end up like playing Georgia or somebody in the National Title if they get there, and have to face like Moreno or somebody like that. but overall hey they puled it out, its on to Tech now.

This was a good game, but I have to agree with Mantle. This was Gundy's game to lose, and he did. If there was a team that could have beaten the 'horns, it was the Cowboys.

Mr. I'M A MAN, I'M 40! let this one get away. Could have vaulted his team to No. 1.

Good win for the 'horns, despite it being much closer than Mack would have wanted.

OSU was outcoached when it mattered, with about 3:00 left, 4th and about 5, behind by 4. OSU called a pass over the middle, completed at the line of scrimmage instead of past the first down marker. After that, Gundy mismanaged the clock.

Good game. 'horns hang on to win by 4, a giganticly smaller margin than predicted.

Yeah almost like a pass play on 4th and goal. Cody Johnson should have gotten one more shot at putting the game out of reach. It ended too close for comfort. TobinFrost called a pretty good game except for that one play.

WHEWWW!!!! can I breathe Now? gosh.. Felt like Texas was very capable of beating them much worse, but never seemed to just seal the deal, but hey you have to give credit to Ok State. That running back is really good.They played great. The thing I didnt like seeing from all of it, was how he carved up Texas's defense on the ground. I just hope they dont end up like playing Georgia or somebody in the National Title if they get there, and have to face like Moreno or somebody like that. but overall hey they puled it out, its on to Tech now.

The running back from Ok. State is Kendall Hunter. He played for John Tyler HS.

Kendall Hunter IS the best RB in the Big 12 right now. I wish Texas could've played Fozzy Whittaker to see what he could do because Ogbonnaya couldn't do a thing. Ogbonnaya is a great player, but he's not quick enough to be a top RB. Colt tried to force that pass when it was intercepted, but still had a great day at QB. Greg David needs to quick trying that zone read because it didn't work then entire game. I still don't understand that pass on 4th and goal inside the 1. Give it to Big Cody Johnson again or a QB sneak, but don't force a throw. He can thank Shipley for his career game. Poor Shipley got beat up, but still continued to play.

Defense had their worst game of the year, while the offense did well minus the running game. Secondary had their best game this year, which should be a positive note going into the Tech game. Twice this year Earl Thomas should've had an interception, but dropped in the endzone. That cost Texas 6 points both times against OU and OSU.

Look for a shoot out next week that will come down to the last possession.

I do believe Ok State is better than OU all around!

Greg David needs to quick trying that zone read because it didn't work then entire game.

The zone read is the basis for the Texas offense because you make the backside defensive end and backside LB'er have to freeze and stay at home while it opens up the run game and the play action pass.

The only reason it didn't work because it was against Ok. State and the Cowboys runs that exact same offense so, it's not something that they haven't seen before.

Kudos to Okie State. 2 things I didn't expect was Okie State's good offensive line and the way their defensive line flew to the football. Look out Tech, if you survive Texas, Okie State might get you.

fortunately for us, we have both at home, I think we'll get one of them, O$U being more likely.... I don't know how else to put this except this Tech squad is very focused and ready to put on a show for the nation, Tech wants a BCS spot and a Big XII championship in the worst possible way, nobody will be getting an easy game out of the Red Raiders

Guys, I was at the UT vs OSU game yesterday and enjoyed every second of it. At one point UT was up 28-14, and I believe that's when Colt had his bad throw that got picked. I thought UT didn't play nearly as good as they could have, and the OSU offensive line is really good at run blocking. It seemed each time the Cowboys ran to the edge the offensive line was able to completely seal off the UT defenders on that side.

OSU has a very good team, and I enjoyed talking with the Oklahoma State fans in and around the stadium. I was reading some of the posts on ESPN where people were commenting of Pat Forde's write up on the game, and I saw where a Cowboy who attended the game yesterday said the Texas fans were very kind to them all day and really enjoyed Austin.

I was happy to see that. Some Cowboy fans were sitting on the row right behind my wife and I. They were current OSU students, weren't obnoxious or overbearing and we had a good time watching the game together. They weren't talking trash at all, clapped for the UT band and supported their school in a mighty fine way. I don't know how they got such good tickets other than knowing current UT alumni or something. We were sitting on the visitor side, but you know there's not really a visitor's side like in high school, and were on the 35 yard line only 57 rows up (great seats-want them again).

After the game the UT fans clapped and cheered for the OSU team as they played a great game in a tough environment.

I wish Davis had chosen to line up Roy Miller at FB with Ogbonnaya blocking as well and handed the ball to Cody Johnson on 4th and goal instead of doing that little roll out pass, but it doesn't matter as UT still won.

Colt McCoy is unbelievable! It kind of seemed none of the second tier receivers for the Longhorns really did anything Saturday and they never got the running game going. I think OSU defended the run very well so that is why UT barely had over 100 yards rushing, but also because UT was able to throw it short all day long to Shipley and Cosby.

I had a big time, and was just glad for UT to put up another W. At this point that's all UT has to do is win, just win and the strength of the schedule will keep anybody from worrying about style points with UT.

Not long ago, people even on this board were ripping UT for not having played anyone and people are still ripping Tech for not having played anybody of substance, but I think that's silly with the Big 12 being so strong this year. Tech has just begun their tough stretch yesterday so Tech fans don't have to take that line from fans of other teams that they've not played anybody, because not many teams around the country would want to trade schedules with Tech or UT with what they're both dealing with right now.

Now I'm gonna get on the UT vs Tech thread and talk it up!

Yeah almost like a pass play on 4th and goal. Cody Johnson should have gotten one more shot at putting the game out of reach. It ended too close for comfort. TobinFrost called a pretty good game except for that one play.

Couldn't agree more. With a touchdown on that play....game's over. I thought the play call sucked. I would've gone with C. Johnson between the tackles, or Ogbannah(sic) over the top out of the "I" formation.

Overall, I was very impressed with OSU for various reasons. Robinson is a stud, and that O line really run blocks and protects well. And Kendall Hunter, well, too bad Texas didn't offer that kid a schollie!